Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34695 times)

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:55 am »
Cmon, admin fukd up and got removed end of story
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2016, 01:15:21 am »
+8
The whole concept of playing without typing the N-word in the chat seems quite easy to understand, I think I could manage to play on NA without getting banned like that, wonder why these american guys found it too hard not to fail.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:44 am »
+5
God damn people are dense as hell;
not 19 for 30
8 for 30
rest 1-10 days.
"NA head admin" - 30 days
After the "head admin" decided to join in roughly 9 more people were banned. (people with no ban record)
After the fact: I reduced the bans to just 2 days (hesitantly because I know they all know what they were doing.)

It doesn't take much intelligence to see exactly what happened in this situation.

@Salad fork: It's been like a month and you've been all over my ass about it yet you still can't get a single fact correct about the entire thing. You'd think if you were going to hound someone for anything at all you'd at least get a single correct piece of it down. To me it seems you are getting your information from a source that isn't credible.

@Rando: Yes when I came back after a hiatus; I no longer wanted admin I tried to lose it by banning JayJrod (my friend) for being Canadian. That did not work so I stopped. As for the "I don't want to enforce that rule so I don't: we are talking about the new meta for delaying; I don't like the way "delaying" is handled I would enforce it the old way just not the new way of forcing someone to suicide into a broken flag. I'm not even going to post in reply to your explanation of principle.

@Portos: Unfortunately I feel obligated because these same people have the reading comprehension of a pre-schooler or perhaps some mental disorder that prevents them from retaining information.

It is when they are incorrect about something I was involved with and assume things is when I call bullshit.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:27 am »
+3
Cmon, admin fukd up and got removed end of story

And where's the fun in that?

All I can say about this drama is that Nightingale did what was right, and I'd do exactly the same if I were in his shoes

You mean you'd permaban people for saying "friend"?

The whole concept of playing without typing the N-word in the chat seems quite easy to understand

True, but I'd say it's not that suprising that people overracted when permbans were given for a minor chat abuse.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:59 am »
+14
I'd like to sheep myself into the popular opinion, but I'm unsure of what it actually is. I'll have to be crafty in stating my opinion, then.

Nightingale was an admin. Now they are not. People were banned. A few people left. Some players respect Nightingale for the bans. Others are mad about them. Uthyr removed Nightingale. Some players thought it was unfair. Other people deemed it correct. There is also a DTV tournament coming up. It has some good prizes.

Alright, that's my very passionate opinion. Don't hate me for it, please.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2016, 02:20:56 am »
I'd like to sheep myself into the popular opinion, but I'm unsure of what it actually is. I'll have to be crafty in stating my opinion, then.

Nightingale was an admin. Now they are not. People were banned. A few people left. Some players respect Nightingale for the bans. Others are mad about them. Uthyr removed Nightingale.

And CRPG lived happily ever after, with Uther overlooking us  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWDnPFzM4MQ
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:24:35 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2016, 02:31:48 am »
+3
God damn people are dense as hell;
not 19 for 30
8 for 30
rest 1-10 days.
"NA head admin" - 30 days
After the "head admin" decided to join in roughly 9 more people were banned. (people with no ban record)
After the fact: I reduced the bans to just 2 days (hesitantly because I know they all know what they were doing.)

Do you want a bot that automatically posts this every 2 hours?

I guess that would reduce your time wasted by at least 80%.
And maybe at some point all these people still complaining and bitching will finally get it into their thick skulls.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2016, 03:28:44 am »
+3
Yes please.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2016, 03:47:15 am »
+2
Here's something that might be foreign to you: It's called principle. They quit because of their principles, they're not gonna invest time into a game where something like that could possibly happen. Good on them. They had the motivation to play strat, and they probably would've won if you ask me (someone who was a neutral faction towards them, and possibly would've fought them at some point). What they DIDN'T have the motivation for, or should I say tolerance for, was dealing with childish admins who think it's okay to ban 20 people in one sitting over what really amounts to a minor offense.

I quit because my friends were banned for reasons I disagreed with and with what I think are unfair punishments. Even if they were reduced, it should never have happened. I wish I had been at this incident and I could have got my first ban on record too.

Now I am just hanging out on the forums waiting for Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 to come out.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2016, 03:55:05 am »
+4
New changes seem to be quite sound.
Dracul(for the most part) has quit the game, but I'm happy to leave the community to Uther. I think he has a good head on his shoulders and will do good by this mod until it dies.
Look to Uther for guidance, as he will lead you peacefully into that cold dark night.
I've spent many years of my life with you people, and they were damned good ones. I suppose now I'll finally move on to greener pastures and brighter futures.

Thanks for the memories.

Sincerely,
The Ass Prince
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2016, 04:16:07 am »
+2
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2016, 04:24:53 am »
+3
I read a few pages back and don't know exactly what the argument is now, but some of the Euros here seem to have the misconception that a bunch of bad players, griefers and memekid types were the people banned when it was pretty much all of NA's current(now past lol) tryhard allstars.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2016, 06:38:30 am »
I read a few pages back and don't know exactly what the argument is now, but some of the Euros here seem to have the misconception that a bunch of bad players, griefers and memekid types were the people banned when it was pretty much all of NA's current(now past lol) tryhard allstars.

Lol, dream on.

Also, these same guys that "quit", still griefing and trolling.  Desire was one of the few admins left that stood up them since they have over 3 admins in their factions condoning and supporting their behavior.  Havelle, Deltah, and Rando (3 of the last 4 posters saying how they said or supported saying N word on "principle" and glad to see new head admin) all are part of the same group of trollers - some of their group just poll-banned off entire enemy team in strat battle to win after they started losing horrendously as such bad fighter because "they don't really care about strat and Havelle's village because they "quit".  It was Havelle's village and was part of the poll-banning.  I worked for weeks to build that army and gear and they will only get a slap on wrist at best.

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-request-(havelle-daruvian-cup457-among-others)/

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/really-70461/

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1211

People used to get lengthy bans for cheating like that - Desire, Canary would enforce that to prevent it becoming rampant.  Instead EU steps in as head admin and gets rid of one of the few admins who would do anything, basically encouraging them to repeatedly do this over and over again using pseudonyms.  You wonder why many of us were totally okay with them getting a 2 day ban, because all they ever do is troll, grief and cheat to win.  These are the exact same people - cancer in the community that "quit" but continue playing and trolling with no fear of repercussions as only their friends primarily left as admins (only 2 admins to post in that thread were both friens of theirs who were in the same strat faction with them - 1 was artyem who supposedly "quit" and so doesn't lose his adminship.

Uther?!  Damn, Dupre would actually do shit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:41:37 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2016, 06:43:36 am »
+2
Lol, dream on.

Also, these same guys that "quit", still griefing and trolling.  Desire was one of the few admins left that stood up them since they have over 3 admins in their factions condoning and supporting their behvior.  Both Havelle, Deltah, and Rando (3 of the last 4 posters saying how they said or supported saying N word on "principle" and glad to see new head admin) all just 1 hour ago poll-banned off entire enemy team in strat battle to win after they started losing horrendously as such bad fighter because "they don't really care about strat and Havelle's village because they "quit".  I worked for weeks to build that army and gear and they will only get a slap on wrist at best.

Rando wasnt in that strat fight, please dont demean my friend just because you dont like him.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2016, 06:49:01 am »
+6
Lol, dream on.

Also, these same guys that "quit", still griefing and trolling.  Desire was one of the few admins left that stood up them since they have over 3 admins in their factions condoning and supporting their behvior.  Both Havelle, Deltah, and Rando (3 of the last 4 posters saying how they said or supported saying N word on "principle" and glad to see new head admin) all just 1 hour ago poll-banned off entire enemy team in strat battle to win after they started losing horrendously as such bad fighter because "they don't really care about strat and Havelle's village because they "quit".  I worked for weeks to build that army and gear and they will only get a slap on wrist at best.

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/ban-request-(havelle-daruvian-cup457-among-others)/

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/really-70461/

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1211

People used to get lengthy bans for cheating like that - Desire, Canary would enforce that to prevent it becoming rampant.  Instead EU steps in as head admin and gets rid of one of the few admins who would do anything, basically encouraging them to repeatedly do this over and over again using pseudonyms.  You wonder why many of us were totally okay with them getting a 2 day ban, because all they ever do is troll, grief and cheat to win.  These are the exact same people - cancer in the community that "quit" but continue playing and trolling with no fear of repercussions as only their friends primarily left as admins (only 2 admins to post in that thread were both friens of theirs who were in the same strat faction with them - 1 was artyem who supposedly "quit" and so doesn't lose his adminship.

Uther?!  Damn, Dupre would actually do shit.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I haven't been in a strat battle today. Enjoy playing with yourself in that, by the way.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.