Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34346 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:53 am »
The thing is, once you've warned and then banned the first person for doing it you cant back out.

If admin A had warned then the offender didn't stop then admin A, B or C would need to ban that individual. Now if that's already happened, the admin that did it is committed to enforcing that rule at least for that session. If the admin decided 'now too many people are breaking the rules and ignoring my warnings, I guess they sure showed me' then the drama would be different but equally intense; 'OMFG, double-standard, you ban this guy but not everyone else when they ignore your warnings!?!?'

I enjoy TS shenanigans as much as anyone, but deliberately getting yourself banned and whining like a little bitch on the forums about it. Come on.

Finally read last few pages.  Such a good summary!  Whiny trolly bitches the lot of them - will keep doing it as long as their friend admins treat them with kid gloves.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:57:29 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:35 am »
+4
Finally read last few pages.  Such a good summary!  Whiny trolly bitches the lot of them - will keep doing it as long as their friend admins treat them with kid gloves.

Let's not make blanket statements about admins. Some of us are too scared to voice our opinions out of fear of bullying from the cRPG community.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2016, 07:08:22 am »
+3
Deltah

I wasn't there, lol.
When was the last time in your life you did a fact check on anything, boyo?
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:49 am »
+8
Let's not make blanket statements about admins. Some of us are too scared to voice our opinions out of fear of bullying from the cRPG community.

how about u fire this pencil pusher and hire someone like me who isnt a pussy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2016, 07:17:27 am »
+8

how about u fire this pencil pusher and hire someone like me who isnt a pussy

Wait bicep still isnt head admin of North America and the World? Fuckin shit game i tell you hwat. This man is a SLAYER who has routinely been putting down chumps on the server for even remotely breaking rules. If someone teamwounds him you can be sure they'll sit out the next few rounds for their rule breaking as he'll kill them personally.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:52 am »
And where's the fun in that?

You mean you'd permaban people for saying "friend"?

True, but I'd say it's not that suprising that people overracted when permbans were given for a minor chat abuse.
Nobody got permabanned. What are you talking about?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2016, 09:33:31 am »
+3
Shh, lets keep ignoring that all the bans were reduced and keep shitting on desire

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2016, 10:29:40 am »
+3

(click to show/hide)

After the fact - yes, bans were reduced, I know that - now. But how could other players know that when bans were given? The shitstorm began not because someone got banned for 2 days, but because people got banned for a coule of months or permabanned. And it's not a good admining anyway. It's like going to the court where judge says to you: sentenced to death by hanging. Oh wait! Just kidding, 2 days in jail.

PS. I don't really give a damn, cause why should I, and Nightingale seems to be a nice guy overall. But we can not let such nice drama die out.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2016, 11:14:22 am »
+7
TL;DR: Entitled little bundle of sticks cunts are used to shitting up the game like it's their personal playground, throw a tantrum when an admin finally dares to do their "job".

Dumb excuses so far are:
-Game is so small that rules should be circumvented and rewritten for playerbase health reasons (make rules more convenient for shit trolls, GENIUS, that will surely help the playerbase).
-Saying "friend" was a principled stand for freedom and apple pie and not a bunch of cunts retroactively finding excuses for shitting up a public server with their autism.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2016, 11:20:48 am »
(click to show/hide)

After the fact - yes, bans were reduced, I know that - now. But how could other players know that when bans were given? The shitstorm began not because someone got banned for 2 days, but because people got banned for a coule of months or permabanned. And it's not a good admining anyway. It's like going to the court where judge says to you: sentenced to death by hanging. Oh wait! Just kidding, 2 days in jail.

PS. I don't really give a damn, cause why should I, and Nightingale seems to be a nice guy overall. But we can not let such nice drama die out.
Again - nobody got permabanned nor for a couple of months.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2016, 12:03:41 pm »
+4
Didn't you see screenshot I posted?

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:21 pm »
Uther?!  Damn, Dupre would actually do shit.

I'm sorry I'm not up at 6am to control everything and rely on admins like any sane person in my position would do))

Sparvico already told you that he has no access to logs, do you expect him to call Witchcraft and have him read tarot to find out the real identities of the offenders? As soon as I get access to the logs (goddamnit Dupre), I'll look into it myself, logs allow us to see who is behind a pseudonym. Sparvico handled it as good as he could.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 02:33:12 pm »
It is fucking sad to see that some of the remaining people playing NA strat after this incident is either quitting because they are butthurt over something that has been solved through epic management effort or able to pull some weak shit like pollbanning enemies in the few remaining strategus battles.

At the same time Kesh, calm thee mammaries before calling everyone an illuminati. Desire needed a day to reduce n-word bans to normal lenght; yet a minute after a fucked up strat battle you are almost insinuating that admins are encouraging and even backing rule breakers.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2016, 02:44:49 pm »
+5

lol what

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »
God damn people are dense as hell;
not 19 for 30
8 for 30
rest 1-10 days.
"NA head admin" - 30 days
After the "head admin" decided to join in roughly 9 more people were banned. (people with no ban record)
After the fact: I reduced the bans to just 2 days (hesitantly because I know they all know what they were doing.)

Do you want a bot that automatically posts this every 2 hours?

I guess that would reduce your time wasted by at least 80%.
And maybe at some point all these people still complaining and bitching will finally get it into their thick skulls.

Yes please.

Yes like in North Korea, where they slowly brainwash their people into believing opinions they otherwise wouldnt accept.

Its has nothing to do with having thick skulls, lack of reading comprehension, or being to dumb to understand, bundle of sticks, unintelligent etc.
It has everything to do with people needing to grow up, and stop throwing these kind of silly arguments. Its like the grown up version of children not being able to come to a compromise when they have different opinions.. but simply keep calling eachother dumb or idiots, to try win over the opinion that way.

It doesnt matter who is right, and who is wrong... In the grand scheme of things it realy doesnt matter.
People have different opinions, and thats great... listen too them all and grow as a person. Or simply discard others as being "unintelligent etc "  and only listen to yourself, and others that share your opinion... and eventualy get stuck in arrogance and rigid thinking.

This thread is hopeless, since there are 2 forts of opinions and they will never lay a compromise... its pointless to argue further.
So the only thing thats left is to accept what happened" Nightingale got rekt, Uther is now head-admin. If you dont like it, take your opinion to Uther. the end.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:49:40 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk