Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34701 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2016, 01:28:36 pm »
+2
You banned 19 people for no real reason for 30 days, they left the mod. You lost your admin powers.  :lol:
Now I understand how some policemen in USA could shoot children who had toy pistols, they just admined... :rolleyes:

nobrainnopain.

Dafuq! HAHAHA! dude

Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2016, 01:29:16 pm »
+5
You banned 19 people for no real reason for 30 days, they left the mod. You lost your admin powers.  :lol:
Now I understand how some policemen in USA could shoot children who had toy pistols, they just admined... :rolleyes:

nobrainnopain.

It's been almost a month now several threads created about this you should at least have been able comprehend the basics... but you have failed; you are not alone though so don't worry.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2016, 01:48:20 pm »
It's been almost a month now several threads created about this you should at least have been able comprehend the basics... but you have failed; you are not alone though so don't worry.
I saw a thread where you banned them... even when someone later reduced the ban it doesnt matter.
http://forum.melee.org/na-%28official%29/unban-everyone-banned-in-northern-empire-v-brd-strat-fight/
 :lol:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »
+3
ugh... I should really stop reading this thread. D:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »
+2
nobrainnopain.

Not quite true.

You obviously fulfill the former statement, while I get a terrible head ache reading through your posts.

I am afraid you will have to include the individuals each statement is referring to in order to correct it.

ugh... I should really stop reading this thread. D:

Dito. There should be an ignore option for individual threads, so they won't come up on your feed at all.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »

I am afraid you will have to include
no
I get a terrible head ache reading through your posts.
I ignore your posts if you dont quote me.
What was your reason to quote me?
Im just  :lol: about nightingale, read or not who cares.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »
Nightingale your problem is trying to argue rationally with trolls in the first place. Just call them, accurately, retarded cunts and be done with it. Sadly the playerbase is so small now that these retarded cunts are proportionaly a much larger part of it than they used to be. There's really no point to playing a game when almost the only people left are these circlejerking idiots who treat public servers like personal chatroom hangouts, with all the "hilarious" in-jokes, meme spewing and trolling that entails.

I have no doubt they prodded and poked and provoked Nightingale into it, only to cry crocodile tears about how tyranical and opressive the decision was afterwards, typical troll tactics, similar to pre-school girls getting boys into trouble. After all, here was an admin "robotically" enforcing the rules, i.e not a proper troll incubator like the vast majority of other NA admins.

People in NA have just accepted that this is a stagnant, dying game, with practically no chance of getting new blood and therefore incestuous metagaming bullshit is now a normal and integral part and must not be interfered with by admins. That's all this "family size" and "understanding" euphemistic bullshit means. The game is now so small that removing cancerous tumour behaviour, something that would've been matter of fact a few years ago, is prohibitive because it would kill the game itself. If the state of the playerbase is so dire that there's more cancer than flesh, well, that kind of speaks for itself.

Even in recent massively played games, near perma-banning entire groups of players for saying a word would be stupid to a hell of a lot of people.
It would simply be overlooked because there would not be enough persons complaining about it.

Advantage of a small game is that we can shed most politically incorrect bullshit and just have fun like a group of friends, like a family.
You couldnt fit in this group anymore, you quit, you rage on the forum all year long...
Hell, you cant even fit on the off-topic section, man must it be hard to be you.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2016, 03:38:47 pm »
+4
Wouldn't mind a link, but not suprised, if you imagine trolls as a clique of prepubescent catty little bitches their actions make perfect sense, right down to the fake agrieved victim schtick. Apparently saying "friend" was a revolutionary stand for freedom and apple pie and not a bunch of cunts retroactively finding excuses for shitting up a public server with their autism.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2016, 03:39:39 pm »
Advantage of a small game is that we can shed most politically incorrect bullshit and just have fun like a group of friends, like a family.
You couldnt fit in this group anymore, you quit, you rage on the forum all year long...
Hell, you cant even fit on the off-topic section, man must it be hard to be you.

Lol yeah whatever will I do without the comforting embrace of the crpg community. Anyways you fuckers won't get rid of me that easily, just because crpg is a putrescent zombie doesn't mean I won't play KM.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »
Even in recent massively played games, near perma-banning entire groups of players for saying a word would be stupid to a hell of a lot of people.

Thank you.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »
Lol yeah whatever will I do without the comforting embrace of the crpg community. Anyways you fuckers won't get rid of me that easily, just because crpg is a putrescent zombie doesn't mean I won't play KM.
We like to call OKAM actually :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:21 pm »

Artyem actually asked for removal after the incident, he doesn't wish to play anymore afaik, but deadmining an inactive person is redundant in my eyes.

It takes all of two seconds to get rid of an admin that purposefully and willfully broke the rules and encouraged others to do so.  Plenty of people leave and then come back, this really does look like favoritism and many of us don't want artyem adminning when he comes back - he only ever favors his own clan and friends - notorious for this.  Just do your job and get rid of him.  Plenty of people have quit like this before (baby-raging) and then come back.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2016, 04:52:10 pm »
+8
I agree that n-word drama was quite hilarious, but just like every c-rpg drama it has its peak, and it was passed. Now it is more like spinning around the same place over and over, without making any sence. I dunno why do you still feel the need to discuss it - Dupre provided the logs from the very start, and everyone who has their eyes open could see what it was about:
(click to show/hide)
Once again I think it was not about racism (I'm not american, so I'm not sure if I can discuss on that matter, but still, here in Russia, we have some racistic/obscene/forbidden words that could get you banned from public media/internet communities/online video games, so I think I can draw an analogy. And in the end, if you would ban like 4 people who started the mess all for 2 days, then nobody would come to mind to accuse you of being wrong.

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to say. As far as some people stated the "unfair advantage" matter on the previous pages , I should add to that the banner outlines thingy. It is a legal WSE2 feature, but it gives a massive advantage, that's for sure. People hiding in the bushes can be easily seen with a gigantic gloving circle above them. Or if you are an archer/crossbowman all you need is to shoot slightly below the enemie's banner to get an easy headshot. And so on. I'm playing with this feature on since like forever simply because I never was used to Native, where you can't enable banners on enemies, and because I felt the need to spot on the battlefield some friends of mine, like Macropus and others, just to hunt 'em down when they're on the enemies' side :lol:. The only problem with the banner outlines described here (yes, it is pain to play with them on snowy/foggy maps), and by the responces you can easily see that this feature considered as a legal cheat, and imo if there'll be something like the launcher check to disallow people to play with the textures, then this thing should be removed as well.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2016, 05:17:15 pm »
+9
All I can say about this drama is that Nightingale did what was right, and I'd do exactly the same if I were in his shoes. I can't understand why he is being sanctioned for this.

Imo crpg went to shit when people started to implement the made up rule of "majority is always right and untouchable" anyway. One can only congratulate an admin for reminding the masses that following the herd isn't always necessarily the right thing to do.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2016, 05:54:06 pm »
+3
Are you fired up about this nerd drama?

Take out your frustrations by furiously clicking this link.

CLICK HERE NOW JUST DO IT

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:28:14 pm by njames89 »