Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34831 times)

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 11:03:55 pm »
+4
I feel used.

Say the word Kratos! I'll defend our glorious nation on this specific forum with my trash talk&rage combination...

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2016, 11:21:09 pm »
+17
Say the word Kratos! I'll defend our glorious nation on this specific forum with my trash talk&rage combination...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 12:05:59 am »
(click to show/hide)

Where is your left hand?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 12:18:32 am »
Where is your left hand?

It is a sunnah to use the right hand for noble matters, and the left hand for "lowly" matters.  :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:23:20 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 12:18:52 am »
+1
Where is your left hand?

Part of the message in the picture.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2016, 12:19:49 am »
+4
Where is your left hand?

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2016, 07:34:48 am »
All you n-words and your strat drama. You should be called f-words instead for caring so much about gay fiefs. Even the biggest tryhard a-words in this community don't care so much about boring as shit Strategus. I bet your s-words are the size of a peanut.
Word.
I like big battles, I would join a server with 40+ players, now I often see less than 20.
For me crpg ist mostly strat, eu1 is just for level up when there is nothing in tv.
I was about to leave but then we won this battle so I decided to help admins/developers to get more people into strat so I wrote unban that and this people, make changes to strat...
Before Butan can fix strat it can be that there will be nobody there to try it out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:39:18 am by hellou »

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2016, 09:36:31 am »
+1
Also, they were in the process of giving most of their troops and gear and gold to DRZ (like they need it) as the good overlords they were.  This is taking it away from NA and good fights there, so we tried to stop that.

By the way if any Druzhina or DRZ proxies (Syrian clan?) want to stop by my fiefs in the Northern steppe you can have them and all my stuff.

Not joking.

Let me know though please so I can cancel the upgrade reset I was going to use to make meme looms ('bout to be the feathered hat capitol of the world otherwise).
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:44 am »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 10:33:39 am »
+4

(1)You seem to have adopted a robotic hardline approach to enforcing rules that might work under a AAA game where you oversee thousands of lifeless player names, but we are at a family size now where common sense and understanding > self-destructive application of rules.
(2)Everyone will tell you until you finally admit it that the extreme duration of the bans in the n-word affair was wrong, the fact that the bans were supposedly obviously going to be reduced to normal-heavy duration all along was wrong, and not apologizing +
(3)threatening to delete an entire community of the game over something that was wrong was wrong.

Apologies for the long post.

(1) I had adopted this like you said because this robotic system leaves very little room for inconsistencies and biased decisions for people to complain about (which they still do anyway lol) That said for the past 3 years or so this system has worked in c-RPG and the most populated NA server for native warband to date (which has even less understanding and common sense factor in enforcement as we all are aware of. However, this isn't about GK servers so back to the point. Clearly this doesn't work in cRPG any longer. I can apologize for not realizing this structured system was no longer viable.

(2) Do you honestly believe the duration matters at all? I could have banned 19 people for 1 hour and I would still, be right here in this same position. Now, I did admit I might have over done it by hard lining, robotic approach to enforcement and in most people's thoughts are that: I'm nothing but flat out wrong in punishing these people. I simply can't agree with this belief. For this I am sorry but what you are wanting me to apologize for is not something I can or would apologize for.

(3)This is something I can apologize for; taking the advice of someone over me was wrong, I should have been able to inductively reason that (19)(2 day)or (7)30 day bans is less than character wipes; but as most can not understand I am in fact human and mistakes occur when you are human. If you think the threat to your characters is over simply because I was removed you should know; I didn't create the notion that characters should be wiped. Nor do I agree with it in any way.

(4)Uther steps in and instead of working with her, the first thing he does is cover his ass by throwing her under the bus to appease some assholes who were spamming the N-word en masse on a server and got a measly two-day ban, even though many of them had prior records of abuse and trolling. 
(5) Considering how racist EU is, especially against Turks, you would think he would be a little more supportive of his admins for something that has been done before by Canary and other admins. 
(6)Especially after over 4 years of solid, impartial service and not that biased admin shit in favor of your own clan like Artyem does (who never lost his adminship for supporting the racism and encouraging and participating in it himself in-game chat using the public admin chat ((I lost adminship for far far less)).

(4) I came to this conclusion quickly as well and confronted Uthyr for this same reason as it was nothing but disrespect and a game of politics. However, after discussing it with him further, it no longer seemed as such but more of the main problem of miscommunication continuing to infest the hierarchy. (5) It is not proper to judge one person's character based on a generalization of all people in a group. That said; He has made his position clear; All other admins that have done this in the past are incorrect in doing so; condemning the enforcement of past admins; most recently myself and Dupre's just prior to my incident and many other admins before Uthyr. I don't completely agree with the way he handled this situation but I can respect him for not being completely two faced in private chat.

(6) I wouldn't say I am impartial and it is definitely not possible to assume such.

(7)It never was about allowing or denying racism
(8)It's about 19 unnecessary bans that affected the entire NA population. Yes, they were initially idiotically long but they were reduced under the public pressure.
(9)had talks with few other admins from EU and NA, and couple of players.
(10)I saw no other way.
(11) I'm just drawing the consequences, and sorry, but I have the right to be worried after her posts like "If this is the nail to the NA cRPG coffin, so be it"[/b], which show a weird attitude for an admin to hold.
(12) One thing we couldn't agree on is our approach towards the rules - while she leaned more towards upholding them no matter the opposition of rule breakers, I feel it's more important to adapt as the times change, so the game continues to supply what people want from it - fun. We're not some huge game with hundreds of faceless players where we can afford to discourage some of them from playing for minor infractions. I feel there is more to gain in a more lenient approach to the rules, and more often relying on player complaints rather than taking action ourselves, in appropriate cases.
(13) Artyem actually asked for removal after the incident, he doesn't wish to play anymore afaik, but deadmining an inactive person is redundant in my eyes.

(7) People will come to this conclusion whether you like it or not. (8)  Which is it? I've been told by several things; I was removed for "19 unnecessary bans" or the opposite, "I was removed for the duration, not the count."  That is what I'm honestly confused about. I can probably safely assume it is the product of both, but even in the admin forum no one denies these people where not innocent bystanders. Everyone agreed, The hard-lined system I relied on was too harsh in nature. So I reduced the ban times because of advice from a combination of admins after my post in the NA section. Not as you say "public pressure"

(9) I wonder which NA and EU admins and players you relied on to make this decision. I can think of no NA admins that would be impartial. I don't know enough EU admins and most probably don't entirely care about this situation. (10) You seemed to think there was another way in allowing me time to adjust to the new meta for light punishment and non robotic enforcement; sure that isn't my idea of ideal administration but you could have given me a chance to adapt but you "forgot" the conversation and must have forgotten me agreeing the intial duration was too harsh and that I would try to change my way of enforcement; I mean they did happen in the same conversation so technically speaking if it is true you forgot then reasonable I guess.

(11) You should understand that it does appear like you are trying to cover your ass; I don't think that is your fault, just the situation. The quotation there is me replying to players which said I had killed the NA proportion of the mod deciding to reply to that was a mistake but it is a hypothetical situation where I said "if" meaning I didn't actually believe this to be true. Though, Yes I can agree this coming from an admin looks "bad". Even still the quotation is actually this. "You all have to realize if this is truly the nail in the coffin for NA cRPG; that it was truly dead a long time ago. Allowing people to break rules is never the answer even if they are the last 20 people."

(12) I don't mean to point fingers, but every single admin is faulty in this sense. We have some admins muting people for saying "mean things". Some admins banning people for racism (still). Some admins threatening character wipes. Some admins protecting their friends and not enforcing rules on them. We have other admins that break the rules to try to provoke responses. Admins that slander each other all over the forums for no real reason. We have admins that get inebriated and break the rules which have required them to be temporarily removed from servers in the past. I get it though and I can't judge you too harshly. You have walked into your new position with all of these problems that remain and instantly decided because I disagree with you on some fundamental level that it is impossible to work with me.

(13) Had you removed Artyem and me, it would have looked a lot more professional. At the moment, it just looks like disrespect and politics. Saying it is redundant to remove someone that no longer plays is odd to me. So the logical conclusion here is; had I said "I quit" you wouldn't have bothered removing me? Besides,  Artyem actually broke the rules while acting as "head admin" there are more admins that need to be on this list of "admin changes"  than just I; if you believe my behavior is entirely out of line and that I have no excuse for it. Not to mention originally I suggested removing everyone involved as we all had behaved inadequately. As you say what is done is done I suppose.

TL:DR - the dead disagree.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:24:57 am by Nightingale »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:34 am »
(click to show/hide)

bla bla bla... why take so long to explain yourself. I thought you said you didnt care about what others think about you, or if the game dies... yet you write huge walls of TL:DR
It seems like your mega butthurt and sad about losing your interwebs powers, but i recommend you leave it behind you.
You should come to the realization that I don't care what people think.

I don't care if this game dies.

Seems like you didnt care about alot of things, when you had other admins holding a hand above your head. And felt untouchable cause of some interweb powertrip.
But now that you've been stripped, all this sudden you seem to be on damage control.

You should have taken the advice of the plebs, they told you before to take responsibility for your mistakes... and acknowledge them, but you didnt care.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:58:58 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2016, 12:26:56 pm »
+2

bla bla bla... why take so long to explain yourself. I thought you said you didnt care about what others think about you, or if the game dies... yet you write huge walls of TL:DR
It seems like your mega butthurt and sad about losing your interwebs powers, but i recommend you leave it behind you.
Seems like you didnt care about alot of things, when you had other admins holding a hand above your head. And felt untouchable cause of some interweb powertrip.
But now that you've been stripped, all this sudden you seem to be on damage control.

You should have taken the advice of the plebs, they told you before to take responsibility for your mistakes... and acknowledge them, but you didnt care.

Again, here you are. I post something and you just feel internally obligated to create a post which ignores the entire purpose of the post above it. I'm not explaining myself; I'm replying to posts that either were in direct reply to me or I disagree with on some level and pointing out specifically which parts I disagree with then explaining why I disagree with them. It remains factual that I don't care what people think of me as a person under normal circumstances. It is when they are incorrect about something I was involved with and assume things is when I call bullshit.

It is true that after several days of people insulting me personally, spreading false information, and slandering my actions as an admin, that I lost my cool and said some things I shouldn't have but it should have been more than clear this is what was happening and I allowed people to take advantage of that. Shame on me right?

If you are looking for me to say "sorry for having admined" then you won't get what you are looking for.

As for me taking responsibility. I have more than done so for all of my actions as an admin.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:34:35 pm by Nightingale »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2016, 12:46:27 pm »
Again, here you are. I post something and you just feel internally obligated to crea..

I post and respond to alot of people, i dont feel obligated.. its simply something one does on a forum. You're no more special then anyone else i reply to.

I'm not looking or asking anything from you. I outed myself to you before, and said i didnt think you were suited to be admin, and now you no longer are an admin. It would be spiteful if i'd asked for more, when i already think justice has served. I know you would love to think otherwise... but i simply dont hate you or anything.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:58:52 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2016, 12:52:04 pm »
+8
Nightingale your problem is trying to argue rationally with trolls in the first place. Just call them, accurately, retarded cunts and be done with it. Sadly the playerbase is so small now that these retarded cunts are proportionaly a much larger part of it than they used to be. There's really no point to playing a game when almost the only people left are these circlejerking idiots who treat public servers like personal chatroom hangouts, with all the "hilarious" in-jokes, meme spewing and trolling that entails.

I have no doubt they prodded and poked and provoked Nightingale into it, only to cry crocodile tears about how tyranical and opressive the decision was afterwards, typical troll tactics, similar to pre-school girls getting boys into trouble. After all, here was an admin "robotically" enforcing the rules, i.e not a proper troll incubator like the vast majority of other NA admins.

People in NA have just accepted that this is a stagnant, dying game, with practically no chance of getting new blood and therefore incestuous metagaming bullshit is now a normal and integral part and must not be interfered with by admins. That's all this "family size" and "understanding" euphemistic bullshit means. The game is now so small that removing cancerous tumour behaviour, something that would've been matter of fact a few years ago, is prohibitive because it would kill the game itself. If the state of the playerbase is so dire that there's more cancer than flesh, well, that kind of speaks for itself.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2016, 01:14:49 pm »

If you are looking for me to say "sorry for having admined" then you won't get what you are looking for.

You banned 19 people for no real reason for 30 days, they left the mod. You lost your admin powers.  :lol:
Now I understand how some policemen in USA could shoot children who had toy pistols, they just admined... :rolleyes:

nobrainnopain.