Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 79514 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #1095 on: July 06, 2016, 06:25:21 pm »
Chinese and USA companies use London  as port to EU single market.

Wrong, everyone uses Rotterdam

I honestly don't know what they are exporting, other than their culture and entertainment? Their car industry is owned by Germans. Fish and chips? That sure will make them billions.

It is hilarious how Americans project their situation at home on England and believe UK can do the same. Reality check. USA is warmongering beast that is terrorizing this Earth for decades. UK isn't colonial power anymore. They can't force anything on anyone anymore.

https://fullfact.org/europe/do-half-uks-exports-go-europe/

UK has a deficit trading with the EU anyways, they have a surplus with everyone but the EU. I'm not projecting any situation on them, the only thing i'm projecting is that I haven't seen one Euro on this forum who actually understands how the European Union operates or how trade in the single market works.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:30:25 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 06, 2016, 06:44:33 pm »
Rhekimos, if I may ask, your interest in this stuff is professional?

He's such a professional, he thinks that passing laws gives you cash back on MP salaries  :lol:

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 06, 2016, 06:53:27 pm »
And because many individual EU countries will not deal with the UK until we trigger article 50,

and we don't want to trigger article 50 until we have agreements lined up

Wrong, individual nations within the EU are not allowed to make their own trade deals or economic policy, they can vote with the rest of the EU parliament to approve trade deals drafted by the EU commission though, so they may have a 5%-10% yes or no say in the whole deal depending on their amount of delegates.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:10:15 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #1098 on: July 06, 2016, 07:12:20 pm »
L2 EDIT NOOB!

Other witty EU stuff here?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 06, 2016, 07:14:53 pm »
+1
L2 EDIT NOOB!

Other witty EU stuff here?!

The EU is literally worse than Communism. At least the Soviets didn't pretend it was a democracy  :lol:.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 06, 2016, 07:23:34 pm »
+1
Is Grytviken baiting? I cant tell anymore....

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #1101 on: July 06, 2016, 07:29:53 pm »
He's such a professional, he thinks that passing laws gives you cash back on MP salaries  :lol:

Although I don't recall making such a claim, isn't that kind of true? Without laws and lawmakers we wouldn't have much in terms of economies or economic growth to pay any kind of salaries at all.

If someone only proposes things with no benefit at all, be it economical or environmental or security or anything it's not improper to float the question; what are we paying you for? *cough* €100,000 a year plus expenses to MEP Farage *cough*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:33:39 pm by Rhekimos »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 06, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »
+4
Is Grytviken baiting? I cant tell anymore....

Yep, I'm very uninformed on the EU but now I'm convinced its great after reading Grytviken!  :mrgreen:

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 06, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »
Although I don't recall making such a claim, isn't that kind of true? Without laws and lawmakers we wouldn't have much in terms of economies or economic growth to pay any kind of salaries at all.

If someone only proposes things with no benefit at all, be it economical or enviromental or security or anything it's not improper to float the guestion; what are we paying you for? *cough* €100,000 a year plus expenses to MEP Farage *cough*

The Norwegians saved money by not buying into the bureaucratic system and paying a bogus amount of salaries to teams of analysts and politicians. You're not just paying for Nigel, you're paying his salary and all of his assistants salaries. Sometimes 500 laws are voted on in the matter of 80 minutes. MP's don't get to see the laws before they are put to vote, their team of legal analysts tell them what to vote on beforehand, there simply isn't any time to read all of the laws and regulations before voting on them.

The Commission passes down the laws for the Parliament to vote on, and the Commission has 30,000 salaried analysts who draft the laws for the 28 commissioners to vote on, which are then passed down to Parliament to vote yes or no on, most Federal National systems consolidate the process, not the EU though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:45:32 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #1104 on: July 06, 2016, 07:49:05 pm »
The Norwegians saved money by not buying into the bureaucratic system and paying a bogus amount of salaries to teams of analysts and politicians. You're not just paying for Nigel, you're paying his salary and all of his assistants salaries. Sometimes 500 laws are voted on in the matter of 80 minutes. MP's don't get to see the laws before they are put to vote, their team of legal analysts tell them what to vote on beforehand, there simply isn't any time to read all of the laws and regulations before voting on them.

Surprise, if there's work to be done you need people to do it. And a lot of work needs a lot of people. Also dear Nigel's stats: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-meps-attend-the-fewest-european-parliament-votes-of-any-party-in-the-eus-28-countries-10316962.html

Also Norway contributes to the EU budget without lawmaking influence to laws that they dynamically take up as being a part of the single market.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 06, 2016, 07:55:37 pm »
Surprise, if there's work to be done you need people to do it. And a lot of work needs a lot of people. Also dear Nigel's stats: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-meps-attend-the-fewest-european-parliament-votes-of-any-party-in-the-eus-28-countries-10316962.html

Also Norway contributes to the EU budget without lawmaking influence to laws that they dynamically take up as being a part of the single market.

Norway contributes 6 million a year for full access to the single market while the UK contributes 350 million a week. I would keep the money and withhold my 2% say in EU affairs too!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:02:03 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #1106 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »
+1
Norway contributes 6 million a year for full access to the single market while the UK contributes 350 million a week

Ahahahaha.

http://www.eu-norway.org/eu/Financial-contribution/

Sure, you can find the 6 million figure there. Among others.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 06, 2016, 08:25:45 pm »
Ahahahaha.

http://www.eu-norway.org/eu/Financial-contribution/

Sure, you can find the 6 million figure there. Among others.

If you're talking about contributions from the EEA it's still a fraction of what smaller countries pay into the EU. I don't get what your point is,  are you also assuming the UK would stop subsidizing poorer EU nations just because they are no longer a member of the EU?

People here have already claimed the EU invented the market system and tariff free trade, now you're telling me they also invented economic aid, charity and subsidies?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:03:45 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #1108 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:08 pm »
Isn't a weak pound a chance for the British export economy - if there is any - to grow significantly?

It's great for raw materials export, and services export, and theoretically generally for products where the raw/imported materials have a relatively low cost compared to the exported product.

It's terrible i.ex for products that are getting from assembled from pre-made parts, since what you win on exports get eaten up by the increased cost of the imports. Generally in a modern, super trade based and integrated economy with many sub-suppliers, I'd say there is little gain.

I really have no great idea of what UK's exports look like, but wikipedia gives an idea: 

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 06, 2016, 09:24:40 pm »
Yeah. I looked that up too. Cars.....cars.....Im pretty sure nobody else in Europe exports or makes cars.  Oh how we will ever survive. :lol: