Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 80677 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 06:42:02 pm »
Another source for this, I think, and that goes for all western nations, is that many 'intellectuals' and dilettantes think they sound very learned and are identifiable with people of integrity if they dare criticize themselves while displaying selective tidbits of historical knowledge.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 06:48:29 pm »
Another source for this, I think, and that goes for all western nations, is that many 'intellectuals' and dilettantes think they sound very learned and are identifiable with people of integrity if they dare criticize themselves while displaying selective tidbits of historical knowledge.

I think there is merit in acknowleging ones own, or ones nations own mistakes and crimes but like pretty much everything else some people just take it too far.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »
Of course. I regard that as a truism.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 06:55:32 pm »
+2
White Americans also have a rich history of cuckoldry, regrettably. It would be a bad end game for Europe to end up with a multi-ethnic society based off America's.

Please not now Agrantyr, we're still mourning over the loss of our Prince, tantamount to Beethoven.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 256
  • Infamy: 1831
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 07:00:27 pm »
I think that guilt plays no part in mindset of your average, well-off westerner. It is them mostly trying to raise their personal standards up a notch. They are just striving to better themselves and in their case, living in secure environments, they are projecting their reality on everybody around them while simultaneously trying to raise themselves above already high standards they now hold for everybody. It is hypocrisy at its best, because despite trying to be nice they are again creating a gulf between themselves and those currently bellow them. That would explain hatred children of immigrants feel towards country they are living in. It embraced them to a point but is still sending signal how they aren't on equal grounds.

So yeah, whoever is projecting that white guilt bullshit is actually massive hypocrite and believes he's better than everybody else. I figured this myself through introspection...

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »
+1
In a way I would say the "progressives" of today are much better christians, or at least more faithful to the underlying ideology, than almost any that came before them. That's not a compliment either.

Go visit the Southern and Midwest USA and meet the Christians there (baptists/evangelicals/mormons) and you will soon realize why they were labelled a heresy by the Roman Catholics for hundreds of years, they are still trying to beat the Satan out of snakes in the desert, literally and figuratively, they are what is predominately composed of our conservative republican party.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:22:31 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »
+2
Yeah, like all those educated heads of states running their countries into the ground.. A good education is a great thing, if you know how to use it. If you use it as some sort of badge of superiority while generally displaying a lower intellectual ability, it doesn't really amount to much.  What a world eh? Plastic education, plastic politicians, plastic society full of plastic people.

Thats what all the uneducated bunch of angry people think. The general problem with uneducated people is that they dont know how little they actually know. And that causes them to quite often overestimate their own mental capabilities and underestimate the value of true education. Thats why you generally hear the "education is worthless" claim from people who have none.  :lol: The value of education does vary a lot, but it sure as hell isnt worthless. Unless you majored in history in the Soviet Union or North Korea.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2016, 08:36:41 pm »
Even understanding how North Koreans think can be very valuable in developing strategy on how to deal with this little nation that's conducting tests with nuclear weapons, working hard at their miniaturization and trying to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles to fit them on.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »
+1
I'm finding it quite hilarious how this thread turned from leaving or staying in the EU into this >_<

I don't have any problems with it, just strange how like an actual irl conversation goes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2016, 11:29:01 pm »
Even understanding how North Koreans think can be very valuable in developing strategy on how to deal with this little nation that's conducting tests with nuclear weapons, working hard at their miniaturization and trying to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles to fit them on.

Not that what I am about to mention is very relevant, but I once checked how many people live in North Korea, and it's not that little - 25 mil. And in case of an invasion, they would draft, as mr. Oldman put it:

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »
+2
Thats what all the uneducated bunch of angry people think. The general problem with uneducated people is that they dont know how little they actually know. And that causes them to quite often overestimate their own mental capabilities and underestimate the value of true education. Thats why you generally hear the "education is worthless" claim from people who have none.  :lol: The value of education does vary a lot, but it sure as hell isnt worthless. Unless you majored in history in the Soviet Union or North Korea.

It's a good thing that I haven't been stating education is worthless because I was starting to get the impression  that you are trying to imply that I am thick. On the flip side however.

"Thats what all the educated bunch of arrogant people think. The general problem with educated people is that they dont know how little they actually know. And that causes them to quite often overestimate their own mental capabilities and underestimate the value of true intellect. Thats why you generally hear the "education is everything" claim from people who have one:lol: The value of education does vary a lot, but it sure as hell isnt worthless. Unless you majored in history in the Soviet Union or North Korea."[/s]

Also..

"Thats why you generally hear the "education is everything" claim from people who have one"

You have to justify your student loans somehow, even if it means you end up stacking shelves or taking calls next to mr uneducated.

Also...

"Thats what all the uneducated bunch of angry people think."

Over generalising is generally considered an intellectual weakness.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:44:06 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2016, 12:11:20 am »
I'm finding it quite hilarious how this thread turned from leaving or staying in the EU into this >_<

I don't have any problems with it, just strange how like an actual irl conversation goes.

The people love it. These are the games, the bloodsports they indulge in while bored at work.. Not me though.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2016, 12:28:19 am »
Not that what I am about to mention is very relevant, but I once checked how many people live in North Korea, and it's not that little - 25 mil. And in case of an invasion, they would draft, as mr. Oldman put it:

Quite so, there's a lot of people. A lot of poor and backwards people but still a lot of them. How loyal they are to the Kim Jong Un regime is an interesting question. And how far will China back them. Some cracks have begun to appear between the two after North Korea's recent missiles madness makes it entirely reasonable for South Korea to get the American THAAD theater missile defense system with powerful radars naturally pointed to the north, capable of monitoring North Korea and penetrating deep into China as well.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1846
  • Infamy: 2969
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2016, 12:47:52 am »
Doubt that will happen anytime soon, because that would be an act of aggression not just against Russia but against China as well and USA can't afford that atm. They never could, otherwise they would seriously arm South Korea decades ago.

Edit: When I think about it, Russia/China being "enemies" aren't the only problem. Japan would protest as well.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2016, 01:13:42 am »
Doubt that will happen anytime soon, because that would be an act of aggression not just against Russia but against China as well and USA can't afford that atm. They never could, otherwise they would seriously arm South Korea decades ago.

Edit: When I think about it, Russia/China being "enemies" aren't the only problem. Japan would protest as well.

Japan is basically drooling after the THAAD as well. Russia is a little far to be affected by that. But yes, there's a lot of tension between USA and China atm, among others with the South China Sea situation and the artificial "land-grab" islands.