Poll

?

Red pill
28 (53.8%)
Blue pill
24 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Red pill or the Blue pill?  (Read 9835 times)

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
Re: Red pill or the Blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 12:31:38 am »
Meh, pills?

Grind and snort, or inject straight in to brain. That way it would only be one short "movie" 30min-1h, instead of a sluggish semi religious emo-geek experience, while the neuro toxicity reduces your brain to goo.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 01:50:30 am »
For a film that's trying to mind-fuck you over 'what is reality'

Now now, don't go getting this movie confused with Inception. The Matrix always was and always will be a corny action flick first, then weird sci-fi-that-shouldn't-be-read-into-too-much second.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
+2
At the time i'm sure it was awesome and i remember having my mind blown
Matrix never blew my mind because it lacks this level of artistically constructed and consistent weirdness you can only find in Serial Experiments Lain
The whole show empathizes with some kind of autism, sometimes blissful and sometimes scary, in any case a very good tone for a cyberpunk-themed movie in my opinion

But I guess Matrix deserves its place in the internet culture because the pill metaphor is a very convenient way of describing people's (un)mindfulness

To OP:
In real life, you actually need both. You can't totally escape your predefined everyday life, since you need to earn your bread and butter and learn to enjoy the small things in life. A holistic perspective on the "truth" behind "everything" doesn't help with its pragmatic dimension. Deliberately looking away from intellectual problems, the implications of changing your frame of reference and complex relations does however convert you into an obedient zombie who is incapable of critical self-governance.

Most people I know seem to struggle with the "blue pill" aspects of life. They all feel so smart and critical and different from everyone else that they take pride in giving up about a 9-5 life. While this is an acceptable choice to make, they often overdo it and can't even get the easiest things done, but procrastinate forever and waste their own potential.

In summary, need both, but living a stable blue pill live comes first before you can allow yourself to add the red pill aspects. Else, we have a lot of red-pilled NEETs and housewives whose critical reasoning won't ever make a difference because of their positions.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 03:00:32 am »
+1
ALL THE PILLS (ALSO PURPLE DRANK)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 03:18:01 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Gotta be real wary of the drug drug. Heard it could fuck you up real good if you ain't too careful.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 03:19:05 am »
I was about to reply with do both, but then i thought it would be too obvious, but 4chan had an image for it ready at my visit so might aswell drop it

(click to show/hide)

http://eye.swfchan.com/flash.asp?id=139105&n=Madotsuki+drugged+out.swf

This one always gets me in the mood, the bad one. Just click get file and itll play, swf may be loud, this one doesnt seem to be tho.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 03:27:04 am »
+1
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 03:29:52 am »
Self-pity is just ego-fortification through self-victimization.
Limiting yourself by adopting one of many stances that excuses fear of taking the initiative as some pure philosophical insight bullshit.

There are many examples, such as:
"I'm too good for this world, therefore I will always fail in this cruel world, so there's no point in trying."
"I'm worthless, and good for nothing, therefore I will do nothing."
"Reality is against me, FUCK THE WORLD! I'll do nothing!"
"Meh cba to live, I'll settle for surviving for now."
"I need the next high, sober-reality sucks because it doesn't give me what I earned by just enduring it etc."

Self-reinforcing negative thought patterns are an ego trip, the ego just wants ALL your attention and if you feed it negativity it will soon demand more, insatiable as it is.

This is how you deal with life:
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 03:32:31 am »
Gotta be real wary of the drug drug. Heard it could fuck you up real good if you ain't too careful.

DRUG V FOR LIFE

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:11 am »
Self-pity is just ego-fortification through self-victimization.
Limiting yourself by adopting one of many stances that excuses fear of taking the initiative as some pure philosophical insight bullshit.

There are many examples, such as:
"I'm too good for this world, therefore I will always fail in this cruel world, so there's no point in trying."
"I'm worthless, and good for nothing, therefore I will do nothing."
"Reality is against me, FUCK THE WORLD! I'll do nothing!"
"Meh cba to live, I'll settle for surviving for now."
"I need the next high, sober-reality sucks because it doesn't give me what I earned by just enduring it etc."

Self-reinforcing negative thought patterns are an ego trip, the ego just wants ALL your attention and if you feed it negativity it will soon demand more, insatiable as it is.

So what's your point Mr.Freud?.. Are you taking red or blue?
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2268
  • Infamy: 1325
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:52 am »
+1
they take pride in giving up about a 9-5 life

9-17 is new age shift just like 10-18
7-15 is old school and bearable

There are worse things. Second shift is pain, third is hell. 12+ hour shift is torture. Unemployment is abyss.

they often overdo it and can't even get the easiest things done, but procrastinate forever and waste their own potential.

Mental disorder. Some sort of attention deficit due to severe chronic depression. If they show manic episodes, then it's bipolar disorder. If not, general apathy due to underlying illness. Straightforward folks who don't buy into medical bullshit will call those people lazy and beat up working habits into them. Simple times, best times.

Red pill also symbolize barebone reality, no extra layers on top. Blue pill are overcomplicated additional systems on op of it. Red pill is nature, instincts, violence, freedom. Blue pill is modern society where you aren't allowed to be honest to others and yourself.

Else, we have a lot of red-pilled NEETs and housewives whose critical reasoning won't ever make a difference because of their positions.

Who gives a rats ass about critical thinking? Even rulers of our reality value passion over mental masturbation. Everybody I've ever met, including university professors downright hate other smartasses other than themselves. Critical thinking is not a privilege, it's indulging in pleasure. Professors get to do it in front of others because they earned that right through hard work.

Take Xant persona for example. Despicable little worm, hated by huge majority of forumites. It's an act of course but that kind of smartassery drives people nuts and they want it dead, killed with fire.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:50:11 am by Leshma »

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 04:11:30 am »
+1
Mental disorder. Some sort of attention deficit due to severe chronic depression. If they show manic episodes, then it's bipolar disorder. If not, general apathy due to underlying illness. Straightforward folks who don't buy into medical bullshit will call those people lazy and beat up working habits into them. Simple times, best times.
Make it an illness, give it a name, and you have an excuse not to change. But why would you need to, when you can just buy the alleged medication some clever guy has just started marketing. Extra score if the person who made up the illness is the same who sells the medication. Other than that, it's actually arbitrary how the ill get our sympathy and the criminals aren't given another chance. Erewhon by Samuel Butler pictures a world where this perspective is flipped around. Interesting to imagine that. Most mental illnesses arise from nurturing bad habits, and can be cured by making the exact opposite your new habit. Not unlike criminal tendencies. Messed up priorities between short-term versus long-term rewards.

Who gives a rats ass about critical thinking? Even rulers of our reality value passion over mental masturbation. Everybody I've ever met, including university professors downright hate other smartasses other than themselves. Critical thinking is not a privilege, it's indulging in pleasure. Professors get to do it in front of others because they earned that right through hard work.
Rule of thumb: The smarter the person, the less of a smartass they are.

Smartasses suck because they don't realize that most discussions are a clash of predefined opinions which are later rationalized and presented in a semi-scientific way to sound appealing to those who can't decipher the bullshit in real-time. If you're smart and you disagree with a smartass, no amount of smartassness will change that because your opinion hasn't depended on arguments to begin with, and you are honest enough to realize that.

It's pointless to attempt to cure smartasses permanently though. I don't recommend trying that. As you discuss with them, you keep climbing in levels of abstraction until you arrive at the basic model building dilemma. They will either lose track your argumentation midway, feel stomped and encouraged to prey on dumb people to restore their self-esteem. Or they try to direct the discussion back at the initial question, at the very lowest level of abstraction, and you're trapped in an infinite recursion of smartass bullshit.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 04:27:08 am »
So what's your point Mr.Freud?.. Are you taking red or blue?

Freud? I was going for new-agey presens in the now guru.
Freud would draw parallels to sex, such as.
Red=Menstrual blood
Blue=Color for virginity.
or sumthin like dat.

My choice:
Red, because I would be interested in what the guy offering it means by "truth", and how I would experience it.
Even if it is the absolute "truth", I would still experience it through...
(sry for begin humble now)
...my imperfect senses and knowledge of how to relate to possible foreign inputs to my frame of reference(aka. worldview).

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 04:37:37 am »
Blue pill for me (presuming I know it's not roofies and I'll get rapes anyways), it's simple, I don't trust people period especially the ones with all the answers, it's an ultimate escape tool for ones that have nothing to lose and only hope to gain some sort of meaning and purpose.

What are the terms, do I have to trust you 100% percent, fuck that. Not knowing will I ever see my loved ones fuck that again, Neo fits perfectly, ultimate loser who actually doesn't care if red pill kills him, shady black dude rapes him or he becomes "the chosen one", so fuck it let's do it anything's better than my current state, atleast something will finally happen.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:44:07 am by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Admerius

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 04:39:01 am »
Rico

Did you know that behind the smart-ass attitude is an insecure person that hides behind the know-it-all facade.
It's a sad state for any mind to be in, afraid of being wrong, afraid of being humbled by something that is more correct, thus eagerly living in a lie, obsessing over "I must be the smartest person around, otherwise I'm worthless"