Poll

?

Red pill
28 (53.8%)
Blue pill
24 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Red pill or the Blue pill?  (Read 9817 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Red pill or the Blue pill?
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:03 pm »
Do which would be your choice if in the same situation like Neo. Continue as you were or learning "the secret".
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: Red pill or the Blue pill?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:50:27 pm »
Do which would be your choice if in the same situation like Neo. Continue as you were or learning "the secret".

You'd regret it either way. But red is the way to go.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »
Blue pill rox

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 265
  • Infamy: 2828
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:03:17 pm »
+4
Red pill, always. Value my personal freedom too much to allow them control my body and affect my brain. Blue pill people should be executed as traitors so they can't keep powering machine cluster anymore.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 05:38:59 pm »
+2
Red pills are for those who wants to escape the reality of the world we are living in.
And it would be a good lesson for them too - cause they would wake up with a huge pain in their ass, and a little note next to them on the pilow: "Grow up son! P.S. Check for STDs. Morhpeus"

EDIT:

I see freedom as an ability to having your wish/dream fulfilled. And I can hardly imagine anyone wishing to wake up in a rusty, smelly prison cell of a ship, surrounded by complete strangers, being subjected to a list of rules and laws you had no influence on, taking strict military war-time orders from people you never new before, risking your life in a war against robots, and if you miraculously survive, having to rebuild a new society, while obviously meeting the same problems in the process, that we had for thousands of years.
A fucking nightmare if you ask me.
How is that different from dropping everything you have, families, friends, possessions and taking a one way ticket to Syria?.. That is the sort of freedom we are talking about in Matrix.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:44:50 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 06:48:01 pm »
I'd rather live by the laws of the universe than live within artificial confines defined by the powers that be that first and foremost serve their best interests while living a lie in doing so. After all is perceived happiness, true happiness?
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 07:01:56 pm »
+2
Red pills are for those who wants to escape the reality of the world we are living in.
And it would be a good lesson for them too - cause they would wake up with a huge pain in their ass, and a little note next to them on the pilow: "Grow up son! P.S. Check for STDs. Morhpeus"

EDIT:

I see freedom as an ability to having your wish/dream fulfilled. And I can hardly imagine anyone wishing to wake up in a rusty, smelly prison cell of a ship, surrounded by complete strangers, being subjected to a list of rules and laws you had no influence on, taking strict military war-time orders from people you never new before, risking your life in a war against robots, and if you miraculously survive, having to rebuild a new society, while obviously meeting the same problems in the process, that we had for thousands of years.
A fucking nightmare if you ask me.
How is that different from dropping everything you have, families, friends, possessions and taking a one way ticket to Syria?.. That is the sort of freedom we are talking about in Matrix.

Red pill, always. Value my personal freedom too much to allow them control my body and affect my brain. Blue pill people should be executed as traitors so they can't keep powering machine cluster anymore.

Smith was an awesome char in the Matrix.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 07:10:42 pm »
+2
I'd rather live by the laws of the universe than live within artificial confines defined by the powers that be that first and foremost serve their best interests while living a lie in doing so. After all is perceived happiness, true happiness?

Yet you sit in a brick house, staring in a screen, working a job that enriches someone else, and most probably not feeling very happy. ( I don't know you of course, but you can't argue that it's the reality of most people in a free society )
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »
Tha traitorguy had the right idea. Take the red pill, gain their trust, than meet with Smith and make a deal to betray them for the best and most successful fake life ever.

Your brain is nothing more than an organ anyway. Its not hard to break that wall in your mind, that tells the difference between what's real and what's not.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 08:03:33 pm »
+2
Smith was an awesome char in the Matrix.

The "Smith is the One" theory is the best.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
+4
The "Smith is the One" theory is the best.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 1454
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »
+2
Theoretical physicists work hard to find theory of everything. What if there is no such thing? That drawing boundaries is important and there is no "one hats fits all" theory?

Same can be said about this discussion. We can discuss freedom, define it, broaden the definition, talk about compromise, degrees and grades of freedom, talk about chaos vs order. In the end we'll came to a point where it doesn't make sense anymore. People love freedom but not chaos, chaos is total freedom, if universe was a man would he want chaos or order? Chaos means universe will cease to exist. Does universe wants to die, is that universal freedom? At certain point discussion will become pointless.

That's why we should stick to humans vs machines, red pill meaning harsh reality, blue pill being computer generated virtual reality. Machines need humans to survive, humans don't want to be exploited by artificial organism they created. If you go with machines you're massive bundle of sticks and we'll rape every opening on your body.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 09:03:45 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

Ahh. So reminded me of this:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 09:20:30 pm »
I watched Matrix as a kid too. Frankly I just liked it as an actionmovie. Never really blew my mind for a second, because its just so full of itself in its own philosophy, even back than. I mean the message is solid, but the execution is just...tacky.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 12:08:45 am »
Yet you sit in a brick house, staring in a screen, working a job that enriches someone else, and most probably not feeling very happy. ( I don't know you of course, but you can't argue that it's the reality of most people in a free society )

You are pretty much spot on.

But that doesn't mean I wan't to live the rest of my life this way. I may not have a better choice, the only alternatives may be worse. You know like those bums who rejected society outright and decided to live on street corners freezing their arses off covered in shit. I'll do what I can to get by, but I can still dream, advocate and share ideas. Brick walls don't stop that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:05:44 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.