bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 41894 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2017, 07:07:44 pm »

Hmmm.... no, actually. Maybe I'm just getting old.  :shock:

Red Dead 2 is gonna be awesome so check that out. I loved Gun on PS2, which I think is the precursor to the red dead series or at least was an excellent enough "open world" western that laid the foundation for it.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:49 pm »
Red Dead 2 is gonna be awesome so check that out. I loved Gun on PS2, which I think is the precursor to the red dead series or at least was an excellent enough "open world" western that laid the foundation for it.

yeah but that isn't going to be on pc until 2020, if ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
yeah but that isn't going to be on pc until 2020, if ever.

Wow, I think this is the one time where owning consoles is better than PC.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:29 pm »
+1
Wow, I think this is the one time where owning consoles is better than PC.

Yeah, for the first one as well, yet to be ported to pc and probably never will get one at this point.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:41 pm »
+1
I prefer console for a variety of games. Hack and Slash, Sports Games, FPS, GTA/Red Dead style.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:24 pm »
+1
I prefer console for a variety of games. Hack and Slash, Sports Games, FPS, GTA/Red Dead style.

Or you can just use a controller on a pc for any game you want and you can still enjoy your masterrace fps and resolution (and free online play). The only thing a console is good for are its exclusives.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 04:31:55 pm »
+2
Or you can just use a controller on a pc for any game you want and you can still enjoy your masterrace fps and resolution (and free online play). The only thing a console is good for are its exclusives.

While true, sometimes I just like playing a console better. I grew up with them and PC's were never affordable so we didn't get one until I was about 10 (early 90's). Prior to my family being able to afford one, I gamed on NES and occasionally an Atari so I tend to lean that way.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 04:38:04 pm »
+1
I like console because everyone is playing on the same system. Gets rid of the problem of one player having an uber-pc and being able to win simply because of that.

Brings a good level playing field to some of the more competitive games.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 04:40:17 pm »
+1
I like console because everyone is playing on the same system. Gets rid of the problem of one player having an uber-pc and being able to win simply because of that.

Brings a good level playing field to some of the more competitive games.

^^^^This too. Good point James.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2017, 05:03:05 pm »
+2
I grew up with consoles as well, definitely got a soft spot for them. Been seriously considering breaking down and buying a ps4 sometime soon... really just waiting to see if there'll be any good deals around the holidays and if/when last of us 2 gets a release date. That said, if all the games I'd buy as soon as I got a ps4 (last of us, uncharted, crash bandicoot, other exclusives I'm forgetting atm) were released on PC, I wouldn't bother with the ps4. Only gonna get it for the singleplayer experience cuz fuck paying for online gaming. Also no one has ever won because they have an uber pc. If your pc can't run a game well enough that's on you... either turn down the settings or just don't buy games you can't run. If I am able to game at 60 fps full resolution, someone with an uber pc gaming rig with 3 4k monitors running at 120 fps is not playing with much, if any, advantage. If I could barely run the game with a shaky 30 fps that lags whenever there is an explosion on screen, sure, I'm playing with a disadvantage and sucks to be me. The only real downside to gaming online with a pc is hacks are typically more abundant, however modern games are pretty good about policing that.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 05:36:21 pm »
Are you getting Shadow of War next week?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 05:38:05 pm »
+1
[This is now a nostalgia trip into our console-loving youth thread]

I went from NES straight to PS2 for similar reasons. From Tetris to 007 Nightfire in a single leap.

Idk what is weirder, making such a huge jump, or just going completely out of order like myself. My order of exposure looks something like this (note I didn't own all these, just played them at friends'/family's houses)

Gameboy pocket > ps1 > genesis > NES > commodore 64 > N64 > SNES(?) > gameboy advance > gamecube > ps2 > pc > xbox 360 > ps3

I didn't own the NES, played at a family friend's house when they used to babysit me. Had to pull it out of a draw and set it up every time I was visiting. Little did I know that in the dusty old box behind it was a SNES. All I knew at the time was that it "was basically the same thing but they had far fewer games for it, so why bother learning how to set up and use this completely different (and evidently inferior) console?" Only ended up playing the SNES once by accident when my brother set up the wrong one. Unfortunately that was one of the last times I was ever over at their house, was getting too old for babysitting  :cry:. At the time I was all excited I was finally able to stay home by myself, but now I'm wishing I kept going over there and played other NES/SNES games than mario and the occasional TMNT.

Tl;dr: If anyone manages to get their hands on a snes classic edition gieb 2 me pls and ty.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2017, 08:16:29 pm »
+1
Jona,

I literally have an original SNES from my childhood that still works. I just unplugged it the other day because it was taking up too much room in my tv stand. I had to make room for the switch. I'd send it but I still play it every once in a while. It's a great system.

To keep in line with the direction of the thread my video game experience has gone as follows:

ATARI - NES - Gameboy - Sega Genesis - Panasonic 3DO (Yeah i was really fucking cool) - SNES - N64 - PS2/PC - Xbox360/PS3/PC - PS4/Xbox OneS/Switch

Now I barely play PC games because life is too busy and it's easier for me to boot up a round or two on a console than it is on my computer.

Asheram,

I might grab shadow of war or wait until it goes down in price first. I just finished Shadow of Mordor a few weeks ago. It was on PSPlus for 4 bucks a few months ago. Decent game, not sure I'd drop 60 bucks out of the gate on it though. but then again, if it's better than the first one, it'll be worth it.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:41 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Yeah man, the snes has so many sleeper classics. I played a few in recent years on emulators, but the experience just ain't the same. I could easily enough buy an OG snes, however all the good games are undoubtedly hella expensive nowadays, and I'd have to hook it up to one of my old CRTs so that the aspect ratio doesn't get all fucky on a modern HD tv. The new snes mini is perfect since it has a bunch of great games (missing many classics, though), so I wouldn't need to break the bank for each individual game, and best of all it has hdmi output (it's also hella small, so perfect for squeezing it in somewhere between all your other consoles). Also, if it is anything like the nes mini, it'll be easily hacked in no time allowing for infinite games to be added, like chrono trigger, earthbound, tmnt, etc. If only the scalpers didn't insist on selling them for double the going rate I'd have snatched one the moment it came out. Hopefully the online stores get restocked soon.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
I'd just keep an eye out for one. I'm sure by xmas they'll be available. I had an original working copy of E.V.O. that I sold for 300 bucks because it is an extremely rare SNES game. So I'm holding on to the other "rare" games plus my original system and will see what happens as far as value is concerned.