Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13675 times)

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2015, 10:19:03 pm »
Its like moderate chechen separatist who took hostage pregnant women and children for the sake of prevailing the democracy.

Captain Jack says kill them all, you have his seal of approval. Save the pregnant children.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2015, 10:19:30 pm »
Where did he find the pregnant children?
common shit in muslim countries
you know, not all have first sex is 30 like u  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:18 pm »
common shit in muslim countries
you know, not all have first sex is 30 like u  :P
Why am I not surprised you don't know what a "child" means?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:39 pm »
So when the russian government lies and misrepresents and obfuscates, it's completely different and understandable, because only an idiot could take their statements at face value. Basically you expect Russia to do this and find it completely understandable. Don't worry, so does everyone else on the planet. The whole point is that their stated declarations and intentions don't match up with their actions. That is practically the definition of dishonesty, and yes it's common in international politics, holy mother Russia and glorious Leader Putin are not exempt.

You underestimate me. I am not a naïve fool brainwashed by Russian media, I'm a consumer of media from multiple mainstream and non-mainstream sources, a selection across the spectrum of media types and then make my own mind up. I backed Russia's point of view on Libya and they were right. I sympathise with Russia's national security interests and concerns in regards to the security of its borders and the capability of its nuclear deterrence. These sympathies are reinforced  when considering Russia is faced with a belligerent NATO which has attacked, invaded and overthrown multiple nations in this century alone while flouting international law in the process of doing so.

I understand that the Russian government lies and I acknowledge it. There is no such thing as a 100% honest government because there's no such thing as a 100% honest human being. When Putin states that Russia has had no military involvement in Ukraine I suspect he refers to military capacity based on a policy officially  mandated by the Russian parliament and people. Where as what is more likely to be the case is that Russian soldiers have been encouraged to volunteer in East Ukraine in support of the separatists with financial incentives but this in itself is far short of the Russian invasion Poroshenko and the Western media purported to be taking place and what further compounds this perspective is the lack of evidence of said invasion. If you believe Russia have "invaded Ukraine" you're every bit the idiot and dumbfuck you accuse me of being.

On the flip side the apparent vitriol you've directed at me because of my admitted sympathies with some of the Russian establishments actions and views seems to highlight a weakness in your perspective or judgement, not mine.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:55:37 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2015, 12:01:27 am »
+1
It doesn't take a  genius to know that all the Russian info is pure propaganda. We have satellite imagery proving they are not bombing ISIS positions, after realizing this they changed their tune and recognized the FSA and offered their help lol.

I don't write off all of the information I gather from the mainstream media, the way you completely write off all information that comes out of the Russian media or establishment. Your perspective in this matter is clearly only seen through one eye with the other shut. Where as I'm using both of my eyes, both sides of my brain to come to my conclusions.

Clearly your half baked perspective, like others on this thread has been reinforced by a lifetime of direct and subtle indoctrination and propaganda. When you and those who support your views make your comments you do so ignorantly and equipped with only one side of the information being peddled in the on-going information war between Russia and NATO states and NATO allies. There are lies and propaganda being peddled on both sides but I'm trying my best to sift through the crap coming from both sides and as a result I'm going to arrogantly state that I'm clearly more informed on these geopolitical events and have a greater understanding of them than the majority of my opponents here.

You're like small dogs yapping away, all noise no substance. Try a different strategy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:07:27 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2015, 12:22:23 am »
Yes, you must do your best to impress Murmillus! It is important that he is impressed!!!
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:31 am »
+1
WOOF WOOF WOOF WOF yap WOOF WOOF!!!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2015, 12:58:46 am »
#gottem #madburn #kony2012
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2015, 01:06:18 am »
I don't write off all of the information I gather from the mainstream media, the way you completely write off all information that comes out of the Russian media or establishment. Your perspective in this matter is clearly only seen through one eye with the other shut.

No point in reading or listening to neo-soviet idiocy from a state-funded and regulated news source. Russians live in a world of self-deception, illusion, ignorance and lies. Maybe there are some major things missing in translation on RT news, but it is maybe 10% fact and 90% manipulation of those facts to suit their own agenda, much like all of your points.

Show me a Russian news agency that is openly critical of Putin, Mededev and the Russian government.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:36:54 am by Grytviken »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2015, 01:37:14 am »
  No point in reading or listening to neo-soviet idiocy from a state-funded and regulated news source. Russians live in a world of self-deception, illusion, ignorance and lies. Maybe there are some major things missing in translation on RT news, but it is maybe 10% fact and 90% manipulation of those facts to suit their own agenda, much like all of your points.

Show me a Russian news agency that is openly critical of Putin and the Russian government.

Neo-soviet? You clearly have no idea. In my view RT's material is based on 80% truth or a perspective of truth and 20% spin. Of course it has an agenda and of course some of its content could be construed as propaganda. RT's main fault to many critics is its lack of criticism towards the Russian establishment and government, but I don't watch RT to learn about the problems in Russia. I watch it to learn about the problems elsewhere in the world, to try to understand the perspective of the Russian establishment and to a more limited extent the Russian people and its justifications and purported reasons behind the Russian establishments actions. I can't fault the channel for having is say, or the Russian establishment for having its say through the channel by proxy. If it makes sense, then it makes sense. I'm sorry I don't just simply buy into the same bullshit as you or write media off based purely on the channels country of origin. I'm not an actual racist you know.

If RT was anything like FOX news I'd forgive you for making such a point, but I'm afraid your point doesn't stick and has little truth and your judgement little experience on what you judge. I actually watched some FOX news before writing it off, I didn't write it off for being American.

Btw here's a video purporting to show good quality recent footage from Syria in different parts from Homs to Damascus Suburbs, rural Damascus, Latakia and Idlib.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdM6V66P73I#t=243
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:47:45 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2015, 07:39:59 am »
+1

Show me a Russian news agency that is openly critical of Putin, Mededev and the Russian government.
  There are at least three, or six of them ) have fun  :P
https://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fruxpert.ru%2F%25D0%25A0%25D1%2583%25D1%2581%25D0%25BE%25D1%2584%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B1%25D1%2581%25D0%25BA%25D0%25B8%25D0%25B5_%25D1%2581%25D0%25BE%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B1%25D1%2589%25D0%25B5%25D1%2581%25D1%2582%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B0_%25D0%25B8_%25D0%25A1%25D0%259C%25D0%2598&edit-text=

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2015, 07:45:54 am »
I don't write off all of the information I gather from the mainstream media, the way you completely write off all information that comes out of the Russian media or establishment. Your perspective in this matter is clearly only seen through one eye with the other shut. Where as I'm using both of my eyes, both sides of my brain to come to my conclusions.

Like hell you are. You are like the blindest person here. You are another one of those typical Russian propagaded dudes who thinks he has the whole "US imperialistic hegemony" figured out and has a very good worldview. Who watches calmly and thinks he sees the real "truth". Yet your fucked up world view isnt basically shared by anyone on the planet but Russians who watch russian media. And your worldview is something that every Kremlin internettrolls spread for money and claim as "truth". Does that not even make you doubt a little bit that you are a little off course?

You see the big problem here is that all these "Western imperialist actions", you base your worldviews on, can only be detected if one has inside-info. Do you have inside info? No? Where did you get that info than? Russian media? Oh okay...Because we dont base our worldviews on these heavy assumptions like you do. We may see the perspective through only one eye and you with 2, but your second eye is fucking fake.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2015, 09:37:19 am »
Like hell you are. You are like the blindest person here. You are another one of those typical Russian propagaded dudes who thinks he has the whole "US imperialistic hegemony" figured out and has a very good worldview. Who watches calmly and thinks he sees the real "truth". Yet your fucked up world view isnt basically shared by anyone on the planet but Russians who watch russian media. And your worldview is something that every Kremlin internettrolls spread for money and claim as "truth". Does that not even make you doubt a little bit that you are a little off course?

You see the big problem here is that all these "Western imperialist actions", you base your worldviews on, can only be detected if one has inside-info. Do you have inside info? No? Where did you get that info than? Russian media? Oh okay...Because we dont base our worldviews on these heavy assumptions like you do. We may see the perspective through only one eye and you with 2, but your second eye is fucking fake.

Even Western analysts agree that NATO states have breached and disregarded international law and agree that Western actions in the ME have made things worse. But I guess I'm just a brainwashed Russian troll right? You only wish I were, it's the only pathetic conclusion someone of your limited intellectual ability is able to come to..

Can't win an argument or debate? Just start throwing names and accusations at the person instead of refuting their points.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2015, 10:00:26 am »
[...]In my view RT's material is based on 80% truth or a perspective of truth and 20% spin.[...]
:lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline oerput

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • cuckold
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Gooseberry