Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13774 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2015, 12:13:33 am »
   The root of the problem is their ethnic/religious civil war. Encouraging them to run a secular government to keep their boarders and resources intact is not some nefarious covert operation, it's common sense and necessary for the state's survival. Corruption is what has plagued the Iraqi government, it is also what became a rallying point for their enemies. This is why the US has distanced itself from the new Iraqi government leaving them to deal with their own problems.

No. If it was, we'd have left Afghanistan years ago. That place is 10X worse than Iraq. We distance ourselves cause our presdent Blundered with the troop withdrawl(to "keep" his promise). That's why he went back on his promise to remove soldiers from Afghanistan, cause if he did, it'd be a massive vacuum.

All for the sake of Politics.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:48 am »
That place is 10X worse than Iraq.
but no Communist! success-story at its best

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2015, 08:31:45 am »
No. If it was, we'd have left Afghanistan years ago. That place is 10X worse than Iraq. We distance ourselves cause our presdent Blundered with the troop withdrawl(to "keep" his promise). That's why he went back on his promise to remove soldiers from Afghanistan, cause if he did, it'd be a massive vacuum.

All for the sake of Politics.

Maliki refused to grant US  troops immunity to appease his parliament, which they regretted after the withdrawal. Different circumstances.   

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2015, 08:35:12 am »
+1
but no Communist! success-story at its best

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:53:35 am by Grytviken »

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:38 am »
+2
How to make evereone happy "west edition"

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2015, 11:17:30 am »
I wouldn't call it a success just because people of this generation don't hold grudge on each other.

einstein was so great and successfull! Jews don't hold grudge on Germany anymore.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »
Dumbass, I wrote why they are succesful, beond holding a grudge. Im not gonna quote my own posts just because you refuse to scroll up and read, before you post a reply. And the chocolate chip cookie einstein example in a post is always a sign of someone too desperate to trying to make a counter-point.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:42 pm »
Vietnam won the war so they did as they pleased after it, so all the massacre were done for nothing, as usual when you go against the will of the majority.

Japan was an imperialist country just like Western power (10 millions killed). 29 millions indians were killed by british empire, and a complete wipe-out of native indians by British and Spanish empires.

Balkan situation is still not resolved.

Anyway, I am not saying nothing should be done to prevent genocide. My problems is with the means used to "resolve", aka massive bombing on civilians.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:45:48 pm by ecorcheur_brokar »
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2015, 08:45:21 pm »
+1
How to make evereone happy "west edition"

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2015, 08:51:19 pm »
Vietnam won the war so they did as they pleased after it, so all the massacre were done for nothing, as usual when you go against the will of the majority.

Japan was an imperialist country just like Western power (10 millions killed). 29 millions indians were killed by british empire, and a complete wipe-out of native indians by British and Spanish empires.

Balkan situation is still not resolved.

Anyway, I am not saying nothing should be done to prevent genocide. My problems is with the means used to "resolve", aka massive bombing on civilians.

Let's compare disease and biological immunizes in the 1600's and 1700's to 20th century genocide. Why don't we bring Ghengis Khan into this while we are at it lmao.

Who is mass bombing civilians to prevent genocide?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:10 am »
+1

Nobodys mass bombing any civilians. Thats just a load of garbage.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2015, 10:31:21 am »
Nobodys mass bombing any civilians. Thats just a load of garbage.
funny to hear that from a such biological waste like u  :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2015, 01:44:13 pm »
+1
Just pointing out again that the Al Sauds are actually the moderate, modernist faction of Saudi Arabia, as hilarious as that seems to us. This is what their main political/military opponents for control of the region were, and their legacy as military enforcers and the backbone of Saudi military forces endures to this day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikhwan

(click to show/hide)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2015, 02:37:42 pm »
To summarise. We have some posters on this thread who are proponents and apologists of the Western imperialism and Western backed insurgencies that have directly and indirectly led to the destabilisation of whole regions in the world, which has been directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians and destruction of their nations. Western imperialism that's propped up and aligned itself with brutal dictatorships... Apparently all because they are militarily engaging brutal dictatorships either not aligned with the West or aligned with Russia.

These posters don't seem to understand or want to acknowledge the consequences behind our governments direct and indirect actions and instead run off on emotional hypothesis' or repeat propagandised points repeated by our mainstream media to excuse their support of insurgents and brutal dictatorial regimes our governments are aligned with and assist. This is regardless of our governments poor track record and history of failure in this area and their repeated breaches of international law and the amount of national treasure and human lives wasted on these endeavours, when this money could have been better spent.

National interest and war are dirty games to be played, at least the Russian establishment is honest when discussing its motives behind its actions and at least the Russian establishment have made attempts to comply with international law when NATO states pretend it doesn't exist when they want, and then cite international law when it suits them. Like the U.S's recent criticism of the Chinese government's actions in the South China Sea for example.

The validity and legitimacy of international laws and norms are made or broken depending on the consistency on which they're applied. If the most powerful and military aggressive nation and alliance on earth are not subject to the application of these laws, (The U.S/NATO) then nations like Russia and China will not longer be subject to them either, and we can  all then return to the laws of the jungle and the U.N like the League of Nations will be consigned to history.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:55:45 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2015, 03:21:48 pm »
+1
International laws and norms, especially when embodied in the UN, have always been laughably impotent and useless. You're the one living in a fantasy if you think we're "returning" to the "laws of the jungle", aka realpolitiks. It never, ever left. You're also retarded if you think any of the main players are "honest" in any of the high-minded, morally sanctioned bullshit they put out on a regular basis. Take the gigantic wooden plank out of your own fucking eye before calling others blind, lol Russian establishment is "honest" about it's motives, go fuck yourself you dumb prick. Poor wittle Russia trying to follow international laws out of good faith, unlike those evil NATO imperialists merely exploiting them for their own ends, god you are a hypocritical moron.

This destabilization in the middle east supposedly caused by NATO meddling won't end until all the wahhabist and salafist bleeding sores all over the muslim world are finally drained of their life giving fluids, i.e their natural resources. Best course of action is to make them obsolete through technology, as much as possible. Where you and I differ is that you think that NATO and the US specifically is the one pulling the strings, the ones who have the Gulf states as outright puppets in their grand machinations. I see them as powerful political entities in their own right, with their own goals and enemies. The world economy is dependent on a steady, continously stable world market for oil and gas for...well, everything. The whole delicate, ephemereal web of economic exchanges crumbles without it. Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, and indirectly OPEC through it, have disproportionate political and diplomatic power for only one reason. They have absolutely nothing at all to offer to the world except that one thing. They're the "dealers" and the rest of the developped world are the junkies. Just look at when interests of NATO and interests of these wahhabist bundle of stickss clash, who is it that gives way? Who has more to gain from the "alliance"? These backwards cunts are holding the entire world economy hostage, something that was made clear as long ago as the 70's, when this "alliance" first started gaining real traction.