Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13762 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2015, 10:05:44 am »
Our success rate is 0%, I think that speaks for itself...

Our success rate has been 0% in the past couple of decades or so and in the middle east. There are a fuckton of success-stories aswell and some revolutions had would have gone lot less bloody if it had Western support. I assume. Never can know those things...

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »
There are a fuckton of success-stories aswell
Oh provide a list of three the most awesome success-stories pls
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »
Our success rate is 0%, I think that speaks for itself.

"Our" success rate ? The world doesn't revolve around the US, this isn't "our" conflict to win.  They have to sort out their own internal cultural and religious conflicts, and they haven't.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2015, 07:40:03 pm »
Our success rate has been 0% in the past couple of decades or so and in the middle east. There are a fuckton of success-stories aswell and some revolutions had would have gone lot less bloody if it had Western support. I assume. Never can know those things...

It's quite easy to jump on the anti-US circle jerk fest and cry about all the things that have gone wrong and ignore that Iraq is largely stable but their own government has a policy that brings about conflict with the Sunni's and vice versa, this the US has no control over, they can only be encouraged to work together to keep their territorial boarders intact.

Anyone who has an unrealistically high expectation for a solution in the Middle-East is going to be sorely disappointed. There are no solutions that will not bring about conflict in some form or another. The majority of Murmillius's claims are baseless,mere fiction and an over-exaggeration of events and problems that the US has no control over.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:57:59 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2015, 09:01:08 pm »
BUT!!!!

The CIA did it. :wink:

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2015, 09:36:22 pm »
Oh provide a list of three the most awesome success-stories pls

Well the entire Eastern-EU for starters and South-Korea and even in some cases Japan and Vietnam. Does it really matter what I mention here and what my sources are? Your "CIA did it" mindset is so far rooted that you will inevitably just just claim it to be false anyway. Its not like its your fault really. Your brain just thinks that out of default. Human mind is a wierd place isnt it?

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2015, 09:43:54 pm »
Saudi-Arabia to name an example, yet regardless its people are oppressed and suffer. But many people in Saudi-Arabia aren't suffering

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Russia also supports Saudi Arabia and is trying their best to sell large contracts of weaponry to the country amid dropping weapon sales.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2015, 02:40:05 am »
We used green screen but cruel evel russians did it for real! pure kitten even peed himself  :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:46:53 am by Vovka »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2015, 03:05:21 pm »
+1
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Russia also supports Saudi Arabia and is trying their best to sell large contracts of weaponry to the country amid dropping weapon sales.

My country, the U.K helped found Saudi-Arabia. The international community, including Russia fail to hold Saudi-Arabia's sponsorship of terrorism to account. Saudi-Arabia being the founding member OPEC and having Russia by its oily balls, plus being a major weapons importer is probably why Russia haven't taken a firmer stance on Saudi-Arabia.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:13:31 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2015, 03:10:54 pm »
  "Our" success rate ? The world doesn't revolve around the US, this isn't "our" conflict to win.  They have to sort out their own internal cultural and religious conflicts, and they haven't.

Our success rate infers our governments, or collectively NATO member states actions taken in the name of purported humanitarian or democratic reasons. Actions that include overt and covert subversion, corruption, and interference in the affairs of sovereign states.

I wouldn't ever say the same about nations engaged in conflict with one another if those conflicts had not included NATO member states providing assistance in all its forms to one or more parties in said conflict. I don't just say this shit expecting the U.S to take responsibility of the worlds problems, no. I say this shit expecting the U.S and its NATO allies take responsibility for the worlds problems they had a direct hand in helping to bring about.

If you trashed your neighbours house, a third party wouldn't expect your neighbour to pay for the damage and clean up the mess. Instead they would reasonably expect you to pay for the damage and clean it up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:16:58 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2015, 06:35:06 pm »
Well the entire Eastern-EU for starters and South-Korea and even in some cases Japan and Vietnam. Does it really matter what I mention here and what my sources are? Your "CIA did it" mindset is so far rooted that you will inevitably just just claim it to be false anyway. Its not like its your fault really. Your brain just thinks that out of default. Human mind is a wierd place isnt it?

I'm not sure those bombed in Korea, Japan, Serbia, Vietnam would agree with you. The help sent in Haiti and in Nepal after the earthquake, in south-east asia after the tsunami, this are the real success-story of the West.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2015, 07:30:28 pm »
Our success rate infers our governments, or collectively NATO member states actions taken in the name of purported humanitarian or democratic reasons. Actions that include overt and covert subversion, corruption, and interference in the affairs of sovereign states.

I wouldn't ever say the same about nations engaged in conflict with one another if those conflicts had not included NATO member states providing assistance in all its forms to one or more parties in said conflict. I don't just say this shit expecting the U.S to take responsibility of the worlds problems, no. I say this shit expecting the U.S and its NATO allies take responsibility for the worlds problems they had a direct hand in helping to bring about.

If you trashed your neighbours house, a third party wouldn't expect your neighbour to pay for the damage and clean up the mess. Instead they would reasonably expect you to pay for the damage and clean it up.

All NATO/US/NWO/"Tinfoil hat" problems. They didn't have a choice, they had mind control from NATO/CIA/US/BILDERBURG/OTHER.(Pick your chosen organization)

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2015, 08:09:10 pm »
My country, the U.K helped found Saudi-Arabia. The international community, including Russia fail to hold Saudi-Arabia's sponsorship of terrorism to account. Saudi-Arabia being the founding member OPEC and having Russia by its oily balls, plus being a major weapons importer is probably why Russia haven't taken a firmer stance on Saudi-Arabia.

Saudi Arabia has extensively fought against these same groups you talk about within their country for years, these same groups want them dead and gone as well. The religion itself is a problem I agree, the interpretation of the base of this ideology is used as a recruiting tool for these terrorist groups, not the state of Saudi Arabia itself. Thousands of people have been arrested or killed in Saudi Arabia in government operations to preemptively stop these groups from organizing to carry out attacks within Saudi Arabia and elsewhere.

The root of the problem is their ethnic/religious civil war. Encouraging them to run a secular government to keep their boarders and resources intact is not some nefarious covert operation, it's common sense and necessary for the state's survival. Corruption is what has plagued the Iraqi government, it is also what became a rallying point for their enemies. This is why the US has distanced itself from the new Iraqi government leaving them to deal with their own problems.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »
I'm not sure those bombed in Korea, Japan, Serbia, Vietnam would agree with you. The help sent in Haiti and in Nepal after the earthquake, in south-east asia after the tsunami, this are the real success-story of the West.

Vietnam and Japan now have good relations with the US and much reconciliation has taken place from all sides. South Korea is one of the most prosperous regions in Asia while North Korea is a giant insane asylum and playground for a lunatic. The conflict with Serbia was a response to genocide and mass murder.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2015, 08:48:04 pm »
I'm not sure those bombed in Korea, Japan, Serbia, Vietnam would agree with you....

Yet all of them have remarkably good relations with the West. SKorea is one of the most advanced countries on Earth. NK hates everybody and is a gigantic prisonnation with slavery(partially thanks to communism btw). Japan before WW2 was a massive warriornation, that strongly supported imperialism and violent warfare. Vietnam is doing quite well aswell these days. They dont hold any grudges and their country is advancing in a pretty good state, as far as ive seen. Serbias issue is that the whole Balkanthing is kinda messed up due to entirely different things unrelated to the West or US at all. Serbs(generally) have nothing against the West.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:51:58 pm by Tibe »