Poll

Do you think U.S. & Russian tension over Syria could escalate into military conflict between our two nations?

I think it is likely that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
7 (13.7%)
I think it is unlikely, but possible, that current events could escalate into a conflict between USA and Russia.
12 (23.5%)
I think Russia is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
3 (5.9%)
I think USA is in the wrong, if conflict does break out, it is their fault.
11 (21.6%)
I don't even think it's worth worrying about, Superpowers will do what thou wilt. Who cares?
9 (17.6%)
I'm from Canada, haha! suck it nerds! The maple syrup must flow! He who controls the maple syrup, controls the universe!
3 (5.9%)
I'm from another country and we got our own problems... like bronchitus, aint nobody got time phodat!
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 19, 2015, 05:34:58 am

Author Topic: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?  (Read 13887 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Is the conflict in Syria turning into a proxy war?
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2015, 12:07:07 am »
  It takes one hell of a shitlord in power in the first place to have your own people welcome any kind of foreign intervention in the first place. Dropping bombs on civilians, using chemical weapons, and firing into crowds of civilian protesters tends to upset people on a massive scale.

Maybe you should look up wahhabism. You're clearly out of your depth when it comes to discussing Syria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

I quote.

"Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism",[30][31] and for causing disunity in the Muslim community by labeling Muslims who disagreed with the Wahhabi definition of monotheism as apostates[32] (takfir), thus paving the way for their bloodshed."
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2015, 12:10:10 am »
He's not simply bombing his own people. He's bombing traitors who turned on his government, not because of his brutality but because of their adherence to a strict form of Islam which discriminates against other Islamic sects such as the Alawi sect he belongs to. He's also bombing tens of thousands of non Syrian citizens who were allowed to flood into his country through its vast and porous borders by regional actors with a vendetta against his government. Tens of thousands of fighters who have been armed to the teeth by some of the most powerful and richest nations on this planet, and even some who've been directly trained and funded by the CIA. Under such circumstances he's done bloody well and the Syrian people's support for him steadfast.

They support him because they know they are going to pay the price for defending such a brutal dictator. If the face of the regime changed it would be much more credible, until then it's just a foreign Russian puppet regime that will become a magnet for violence and unrest until it finally collapses.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:00 am »
    They support him because they know they are going to pay the price for defending such a brutal dictator. If the face of the regime changed it would be much more credible, until then it's just a foreign Russian puppet regime that will become a magnet for violence and unrest until it finally collapses.

That's a bullshit narrative which can only be applied to a handful of authoritarian states. That's the kind of narrative that Hollywood films are made of. If anything, prior to the Russian intevention would have been the time for those who fear such a "brutal dictator" to seize the opportunity to overthrow him when he was at his weakest. They didn't. They either stood by him or fled to other countries.

Also refer to my earlier post.

"Maybe you should look up wahhabism. You're clearly out of your depth when it comes to discussing Syria.

I quote.

"Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism",[30][31] and for causing disunity in the Muslim community by labeling Muslims who disagreed with the Wahhabi definition of monotheism as apostates[32] (takfir), thus paving the way for their bloodshed."

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2015, 12:25:34 am »
That's a bullshit narrative which can only be applied to a handful of authoritarian states. That's the kind of narrative that Hollywood films are made of. If anything, prior to the Russian intevention would have been the time for those who fear such a "brutal dictator" to seize the opportunity to overthrow him when he was at his weakest. They didn't. They either stood by him or fled to other countries.

Also refer to my earlier post.

"Maybe you should look up wahhabism. You're clearly out of your depth when it comes to discussing Syria.

I quote.

The masses who do not fall into this category will not give the Syrian government any credibility while Assad is in power, understandably because he has the blood of so many civilians on his hands. Instead of making compromises and passing off leadership to someone else he chose to fight two wars at once and label half of his own countrymen terrorists. That's a rather selfish decision to make.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2015, 12:29:38 am »
The masses who do not fall into this category will not give the Syrian government any credibility while Assad is in power, understandably because he has the blood of so many civilians on his hands. Instead of making compromises and passing off leadership to someone else he chose to fight two wars at once and label half of his own countrymen terrorists. That's a rather selfish decision to make.

But the whole "half his citizens, more than half of his citizens" has already been refuted by my previous comments, can't you read boy? You're spouting illogical, idealistic nonsense.

In other news, Qatar have threatened to directly intervene militarily on behalf of a coalition of AL-Qaeda affiliates in Syria (otherwise known as the "moderate opposition"). I dare Qatar to do this. The moment they do the light of the sun will be blocked out by thousands of Iranian ballistic missiles, which would surely turn the dictator led Qatari Island into a giant bomb crater.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/qatar-threatens-military-intervention-in-syria-in-support-of-al-qaeda-rebels/5483674

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34538583
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:35:00 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2015, 12:37:53 am »
But the whole "half his citizens, more than half of his citizens" has already been refuted by my previous comments, can't you read boy? You're spouting illogical, idealistic nonsense.

In other news, Qatar have threatened to directly intervene militarily on behalf of a coalition of AL-Qaeda affiliates in Syria (otherwise known as the "moderate opposition"). I dare Qatar to do this. The moment they do the light of the sun will be blocked out by thousands of Iranian ballistic missiles, which would surely turn the dictator led Qatari Island into a giant bomb crater.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/qatar-threatens-military-intervention-in-syria-in-support-of-al-qaeda-rebels/5483674

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34538583

His barbaric acts of indiscriminately targeting civilians have led many people to flock to these extreme groups, these people want revenge any way they can get it, it's also well known and documented that moderate groups fight both the Syrian regime and these extreme militants, isolating these people and keeping Syria divided is going to be the nail in his coffin.

Also globalresearch is a known sham propaganda site ran by a lunatic named Michel Chossudovsky who thinks the United States is using weather control devices to cause climate change and tsunamis.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:04:37 am by Grytviken »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2015, 12:41:58 am »
just shut up already, and pretend that it all was trolling  :o
 on the last three pages you personally signed that you are a shithead)  a little more, and even Xant will stop support you, shouting "Murmillus u are retard hahahaha"  :o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2015, 12:57:18 am »
+1

convert my old friendets

I dont know what the fuck this is

holy fuck, what a freak :D 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:53 am »
His barbaric acts of indiscriminately targeting civilians have led many people to flock to these extreme groups, these people want revenge any way they can get it, it's also well known and documented that moderate groups fight both the Syrian regime and these extreme militants, isolating these people and keeping Syria divided is going to be the nail in his coffin.

Also globalresearch is a known sham propaganda site ran by a lunatic named Michel Chossudovsky who thinks the United States is using weather control devices to cause climate change and tsunamis.

And where do you get your information from, the so called "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights"? An organisation founded by a man living in a 2 bedroom house in Coventry England?

https://www.rt.com/news/317372-nimrod-kamer-syrian-observatory/

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2015, 01:43:23 am »
tl;dr Murmillus uses globalresearch, Russia Today and video games as his sources.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2015, 02:12:10 am »
And where do you get your information from, the so called "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights"? An organisation founded by a man living in a 2 bedroom house in Coventry England?

https://www.rt.com/news/317372-nimrod-kamer-syrian-observatory/

So all those high ranking Generals in the Syrian Army and government officials who joined the rebels after Assad started attacking civilians are terrorists?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2015, 12:30:56 am »
Like, seriously what's wrong with having two bedrooms?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2015, 01:40:29 am »
Like, seriously what's wrong with having two bedrooms?
The index value of the apartment  :o If  translate it into plain language for u: he has a herd of 200 sheep in))
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:47:55 am by Vovka »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »
zZz
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.