Author Topic: On the question of Cheating  (Read 6669 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: On the question of Cheating
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2015, 11:43:28 pm »
Just wondering, what would you hope to find from the log? If they won a few goods, well then "anyone" could have put them there. If they dumped -2 gear into the fief it would get destroyed rather than looted, right? Maybe? I'm not sure if you can loot -2 gear that wasn't used. Sure would be awfully sketchy if they kept winning only a few goods from each successful siege though.

Last I heard dupre has no access to anything involving strat

No he unfortunately doesn't, but we contacted chadz and he will be looking into it tomorrow... or so he says... so maybe by the end of the month this will get resolved. Although MAYBE Dupre can find the message that was sent after the battle was won, and post what he finds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:28 pm »
+1
Last I heard dupre has no access to anything involving strat

That's not strat. That is a website feature that dupre does have access to.(he can make changes to the website etc.) Plus, if bauer(Who I believe is the suspect of interest) posts a screeen shot of the message, I'm pretty sure most of us can verify it :D

Anyways

TBH
I'm pretty fair and reliable judge. Lets do this the old fashioned way. Answer my questions publicly (particularly the last one) and lets get this all cleared up. I believe the people in question are Largos and Bauer, but I am only privy to what I can read.

1) Was the owner of the fief in the fief? (Y/N?)

2) Dependent on 1, did the owner verify peasant gear before battle started(or gear at all?)

3) When was the last time the fief was managed?

4) At Previous instance of management, what gear was in there?

5) Acre player: Please post the post game battle log that you have received from both the raid, and the subsequent "gearless" battle.

I might have more later, but this should start "handling" the affair, publicly, and hopefully fairly.

ANSWER DAMN IT! Lets get this to a semi-closed state already.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:52 pm »
+2
Man,

No one believe in innocent until proven guilty?

Sigh.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2015, 12:16:51 am »
Man,

Sigh.

In this community I believe in guilty until proven innocent
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2015, 12:19:23 am »
+1

After awhile, this is how I treated Kesh when the accusations flew. For the most part, though, I'd say it was always innocent before guilt. Still, I arrived at that based upon his writings and the things that he would say in battles as a merc(when I did merc for him).

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:56 am »
Nice triple post my old friendgot. Of course a cheater would say they dont cheat  :rolleyes:

Great logic.  Of course a witch would say she wasn't a witch. :rolleyes:

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:22 am »
+1

So I could accuse you of cheating and that makes you guilty.  Careful what you ask for.

Offline Ocera

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2015, 07:28:26 pm »
And what do we have to take a screenshot of to prove our innocents because if that's what we have to do to prove its not us doing anything just to stop this shit, But when we prove out innocents i would advise instead of all jumping on the fuck Acre train again, Take a big fucking step back and grow the fuck up.  :3 :3 Remember Logic is your friend and not everyone is lying cheating scumbags.. Exept for thous two archers who are dodgy as hell with there headshots Much love Mcsanders <3

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »
Man,

Sigh.

Case A) A guy "accidentally" dropped a hammer on someone else's head and killed him. Sure, maybe he is innocent so take it court and prove or disprove him guilty of manslaughter.

Case B) A different guy "accidentally" dropped a hammer on 7 different peoples' heads within only a few days of each other. Now find me one person who believes THAT guy is innocent until it's proven that he isn't a hammer-wielding serial killer.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Ocera

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2015, 08:04:41 pm »
I can see how that looks to be honest if that was happening against us but, while i have taken part in a battle that was gear bombed we had gear lots of broken shit that was still usable or am i mistaking two types of shitbaggery i don't know a huge amount about strat but only from the bit of experience i have there has always been some kind of gear to use. even if it didn't give peasant gear it was the shit someone dumped in.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2015, 08:07:40 pm »
You might be confusing two things. Which battle did you have all the broken stuff at?

Offline Ocera

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »
As convenient  as it sounds i cant remember it was quite some time ago  :oops: i just remember people shouting about us getting gear bombed because we couldent use some items because we had over so many 100's of different types of Armour and weapons with only like 2-8 in amount, which was broken.

Offline Ocera

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »
Oh in which case i shall wait until after your testing, I mean i truly believe HCE (Acre) is innocent of such douchbaggery i have been a member for over 5 years :/ but if it turns out so..Which i don't think it will.Stuff will happen, Acre should only be known as they once was as The Acre heavy metal plate wearing bundle of stickss.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2015, 09:27:47 pm »
I believe the suspicion is,

If you put equipment in a fief it'll register 'Oh, this fief has gear' and spawn no free peasant shit. But as described, this normally means you have whatever broken shit the attacker gave you before the battle.

*BUT*

There's a known issue with the peasant gear whereby if you put trade goods in the fief instead of gear, it'll still register 'Oh, this fief has gear' and spawn no free peasant shit. Fief is too dumb to know what's gear and what isnt, it thinks goods are gear so gives no freebies. Ofc this then means defenders have literally nothing.

To test that this is all still the case I plan to attack Nova Aab:
1. When it's got *nothing* inside, no gear and no goods, test if free peasant gear still exists.
2. When it has goods inside but no gear, test if free peasant gear spawns or not.
3. Someone suggested I raid and see if i get the trade goods i put in it. No idea why but sounds fun.

If peasant gear no longer exists that's one thing, it doesnt necessarily prove that the attacker is innocent of trying to bomb in this way if this is a new unknown change, but it does mean it no longer matters either way.

#3(BOLDED) Why?
If at any point in time someone transferred trade goods to fief and owner never transferred goods away, then, as was stated, Bauer raided. If the Raid did not take out the trade goods that were in there with the original equipment, then that means that on the second attack, the goods would still be in fief.

Therefore, assuming that if you have goods in fief, then after the raid, not only did you lose all gear, but you would have nothing on second attack because of the fact that goods didn't get removed like normal gear.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2015, 09:56:25 pm »
#3(BOLDED) Why?
If at any point in time someone transferred trade goods to fief and owner never transferred goods away, then, as was stated, Bauer raided. If the Raid did not take out the trade goods that were in there with the original equipment, then that means that on the second attack, the goods would still be in fief.

Therefore, assuming that if you have goods in fief, then after the raid, not only did you lose all gear, but you would have nothing on second attack because of the fact that goods didn't get removed like normal gear.
When you raid, you get goods from the fief. I actually have proof of this: Here is a screen shot of the battle thing from when I raided Jameyyed Castle way back in January. Direct your attention to the very first thing on the list.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/