Author Topic: On the question of Cheating  (Read 6664 times)

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HCE
  • Game nicks: Muted
On the question of Cheating
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:38:16 am »
This is absolutely absurd. We did nothing to cheat on strat and if I accidentally glitched something out in a fief that doesn't even have an army to defend it against a raid, well I'm not going to apologize for that. Why should I? As for the others, I don't fucking know. We've spawned with broken weapons and not peasant gear defending stuff too. I don't know what to tell you. If any other members of the clan have somehow glitched out strat and cheated in the past, then they should apologize for their actions and be dealt with accordingly.

What I did was the following: I had a battle, I was gear-bugged. I sold the gear to the crappy castle I was trying to get silver from. I then raided it because someone suggested it to me in teamspeak. I thought it was a prudent thing to do, since the goal was to get money out of this debacle. If selling gear to a fief somehow gear bugs it, that's kind of fail. It really doesn't make sense to me.

I can also confirm that no one in teamspeak proposed to me that I should sell the gear to the fief and then attack it in order to gear bug it. We aren't scheming and plotting like most people's perception of bankers or something. I'm a noob in strat so I have no idea what the hell is going on, but it seems that my mistake (which doesn't really change the situation for largos' fief anyways) has caused a great deal of problems for my faction. I suppose I will apologize for that. Regardless, the reaction and following action which caused Louis to lose his army is completely unjustified. Countering cheaters by cheating is stooping to their level and anyone that pressed 1 in those polls should be ashamed of themselves.

Bauer
Pity is a disgusting feeling.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: On the question of Cheating
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:39:17 am »
Quote from: Froi on Today at 08:10:36 am
Please show me the proof of anyone at all "gear bombing".  So many stupid people in this community.
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4934
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4923
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4905
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4883

Quote from: Tristan_of_Erzoth on Today at 08:16:15 am
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4934
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4923
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4905
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=4883

I can tell you for certain in that second link that I didn't put anything into that fief before attacking it. It's not my fault Largos didn't protect his fief. As for the other ones, it looks like people were idiots and didn't protect their stuff. But I don't know. I think HoC is just throwing a massive fit, honestly. I'm confident that Froi was completely ignorant of any fief-gearbugging trick (if one exists) as well. We're just doing our damned thing. No one complained until now as far as I know.

Here's the situation as far as I can tell: A number of engagements around and against Largos' castle. I sell gear to get rid of it and raid a place that Largos' put his entire army into the population to defend, which gave me the opportunity to raid it, since he has no ability to defend it. Honestly, I feel like I was set up in a way. As if they wanted something like this to happen so as to screw HCE over completely. Even IF Largos is gearbugged inside the castle, it DOES NOT MATTER since he has NO ARMY to defend against a raid.
So, yeah. HoC is throwing a fit over nothing by the looks of it. They can continue making asses, or even plated asses of themselves if they so choose. It does not bother me or the rest of my clan/faction (yes there are some people who are not Acre in HCE still). Furthermore, signing against us to punish us for something that doesn't even matter seems a bit childish. If you don't like us, don't sign for us. The whole point is to have fun. I don't think HoC is having fun.

Why am I posting on this when I never post on the forums and would usually never make a ban thread? Because what happened at Louie's battle was completely unjustified and Schoi should be severely punished for his actions. Further, admins should not be biased to the situation.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:39:50 am »
+1
Note: These posts were originally from a ban thread.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 08:40:50 am »
+5
Nice triple post my old friendgot. Of course a cheater would say they dont cheat  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 08:46:25 am »
+1
Have you ever seen me play strat before a few months ago (other than as a merc in the past)? I have one other strat experience and that was doing something on the other side of the desert like two years ago when I was in remnant for a short time and Smithy asked me to join his faction. Or do you think that James taught me all his dastardly tricks or something? -_-

Offline Uulmshar

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Chadzian Empire
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 08:50:44 am »
I can vouch. I was in the Acre Teamspeak when this was all being discussed. Bauer had a bunch of shitty gear and sold it to some random fief. Shortly afterwards, there was general consensus that Bauer should raid the castle, as it had no troops to defend it. There was no malice beyond trying to get easy gear from an undefended castle. Never did I hear the phrase, "gearbomb" until today, when everyone started accusing them of doing so.
There is zero proof that anybody has taken advantage of any bugs or exploits with malicious intent (Unless you count Schoi trying to get us all banned during the fight).
chadz giveth patches and chadz taketh away strategus.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 08:50:58 am »
Quote from: Bauer on Today at 08:44:36 am
I have no bloody clue. Do you have evidence that you had ten swords in the fief? Can we please direct this to the other non-ban thread that I made? This is getting out of hand and off topic. http://forum.melee.org/strategus-general-discussion/on-the-question-of-cheating/new/#new
Do you have any proof you didn't gear bomb the fief?

Bauer=noob at strat. Froi=presumably noob at strat. Others=they can speak for themselves. Please do tell me how to gear bomb a fief though. Sounds like something I should do to you, mate.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:36 am »
I can vouch. I was in the Acre Teamspeak when this was all being discussed. Bauer had a bunch of shitty gear and sold it to some random fief. Shortly afterwards, there was general consensus that Bauer should raid the castle, as it had no troops to defend it. There was no malice beyond trying to get easy gear from an undefended castle. Never did I hear the phrase, "gearbomb" until today, when everyone started accusing them of doing so.
There is zero proof that anybody has taken advantage of any bugs or exploits with malicious intent (Unless you count Schoi trying to get us all banned during the fight).
You can only do one ban poll per person in a server, and Schoi only did one poll so I dont see how he was trying to get everyone banned. And why would they tell you, a no name player who isn't in their faction or in their clan about their plans to cheat vs another faction? The raiding didn't happen until AFTER any of the gear bombing situations occurred so you being there for that recent conversation doesn't change anything.

Offline Uulmshar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 08:55:21 am »
You can only do one ban poll per person in a server, and Schoi only did one poll so I dont see how he was trying to get everyone banned. And why would they tell you, a no name player who isn't in their faction or in their clan about their plans to cheat vs another faction? The raiding didn't happen until AFTER any of the gear bombing situations occurred so you being there for that recent conversation doesn't change anything.
Well, I didn't see who did the ban requests. I heard that Schoi was banned after the battle for it, though.
There were at least three ban requests. Maybe we should open up some more ban threads. Got any names?

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:56:59 am »
Well, I didn't see who did the ban requests. I heard that Schoi was banned after the battle for it, though.
There were at least three ban requests. Maybe we should open up some more ban threads. Got any names?
Why would I expose heroes who tried to stop a bunch of cheaters?

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:57:23 am »
+2

I say we ban Schoi for poll abuse
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:31 am »
+1
Uulmshar comes in our ts as a merc from time to time. We're generally rather lax when it comes to discussing strat. If the rest of the community is paranoid and all go in locked channels to discuss strat plans, that's their thing. Knightmare doesn't always help us but we usually discuss things when he's in our channel even though I've personally been a bit wary of doing that. So whatever we said while he was in there was our actual plan, as stupid as that makes us.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 09:00:04 am »
+1

I thought you were alright, Tristan. Apparently you think we're cheating even though we've been trapped in two fiefs defending ourselves for months. Sounds like hardcore cheating to me.

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 09:02:13 am »
+2
I thought you were alright, Tristan. Apparently you think we're cheating even though we've been trapped in two fiefs defending ourselves for months. Sounds like hardcore cheating to me.
Trapped with the biggest NA clan and over 25k troops? You guys easily have the merc pool to take fiefs legit and refuse too.

Offline Uulmshar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 09:02:48 am »
Maybe because they aren't the heroes you think they are; they're cheaters who exploited a community management tool in order to win. Not only is that morally wrong on it's own, but to do it in retaliation for unproven crimes is sickening. If anyone broke the rules, ban thread them, don't cheat back at them.
The fact that you're defending this behaviour only proves how much of a dirtbag you are, too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:07:48 am by Uulmshar »