Author Topic: On the question of Cheating  (Read 6666 times)

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: On the question of Cheating
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »
You were throwing something at us, bud.

We took your construction material from your stack and threw that at you
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Bauer

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HCE
  • Game nicks: Muted
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2015, 08:54:18 pm »
+1
We took your construction material from your stack and threw that at you

Froi said you guys threw something at him at the start of the battle. It's whatever. We're probably wrong on this.
Pity is a disgusting feeling.

Offline Uulmshar

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Chadzian Empire
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:34 pm »
If you're new to cRPG forums i have to warn you, dont treat a debate/argument here like you would IRL.
What would you suggest? Should I go with name-calling?
chadz giveth patches and chadz taketh away strategus.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 09:04:38 pm »
+1
Honestly though what would you guys have done in our situation. During the field battle yesterday i asked bauer if largos was ready to attack since he had 1500 troops nearby, only to hear bauer tell me he turned them all into pop. Honestly idk why legos did this when he could have attacked bauer and outnumbered him. It is a dick move, but please look at it from our perspective. He couldve easily attacked bauer and outnumbered him but he decided to turn it into pop. So yes acre is full of dicks and we are all fuckboys, but please try not to freak out so much.
Hmm. Why would a faction with the ability to attack not do so? I would have to ask you guys. Also if you remember correctly, you guys are the only ones who have raided. What we would have done in your situation is either attack with a normal siege or not attack. What we wouldn't do is break the rule we originally set up and raid. But that's  ok, we already knew how scummy care leadership is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:51:26 am by Voncrow »
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sLaughterino

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
  • Much ado about nothing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Marshal_sLaughter
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »
+2
Honestly though what would you guys have done in our situation. During the field battle yesterday i asked bauer if largos was ready to attack since he had 1500 troops nearby, only to hear bauer tell me he turned them all into pop. Honestly idk why legos did this when he could have attacked bauer and outnumbered him. It is a dick move, but please look at it from our perspective. He couldve easily attacked bauer and outnumbered him but he decided to turn it into pop. So yes acre is full of dicks and we are all fuckboys, but please try not to freak out so much?

There is no excuse for breaking the no-raiding pact that YOUR faction pushed.  There is no "Think of it from our perspective guyz."  There was a rule, you broke it.  Deal with whatever consequences come your way from breaking the one rule that we all abided by.
sLaughter the Desert Fox, Marshal of the Armée du Sud, Hand of the King, and Margrave of the Redlands

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2015, 09:20:09 pm »
Froi said you guys threw something at him at the start of the battle. It's whatever. We're probably wrong on this.
Yeah at the start of the battle we went over to the construction pile and pulled some out and threw them at him...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 09:27:31 pm »
I have heard the story, and  this is mine thought

How ever Schoi  was in fault, he deserved his ban, no question about it, but there  where also other people guilty to this act.
Not the admin, who apperntly told to shoi not to poll ban him or kick ban him, but the people who also pressed YES to that ban are also guilty.

Then I wonder how old you are all, all just out of your diapers, and thinking, ow where losing, lets ban some of the enemy so we can win.
Is that the mentality of this community?

So yeah,before you all accuse someone by cheating, just look first at youreselfs
And to HoC, I wanna tell you this
Since when do you have the nerve to treath other people like that
Have you forgoten how the Community threatend HoC?
How many times where you called nubs, or its a clan for kids becouse there are some youngsters in it? Or HoC are just peasants. 
Should I dig in to the forums?
Maybe the forumwar with Kirby, rings that a bell? look how manny people insulted HoC back then.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »
+5
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 09:59:59 pm »
Yeah at the start of the battle we went over to the construction pile and pulled some out and threw them at him...

I threw my dank poll at him and it was too dank Bauer died.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 10:03:35 pm »
+2
A) Raiding has been the one rule that all of NA could agree on for a long time... we "tried" to not gank or ninja roster, but "accidents" happened and it proved to be nonpunishable. Raiding however, that is easy to punish. For instance when the Berserks initially got back into this strat they raided HCE. HoC, upholding our end of the agreement, merced FOR HCE, our enemies at the time, AGAINST the Berserks, our friends at the time. Much of the community also partook in this public shaming and they learned their lesson after getting stomped in the subsequent battle/siege. The fact that we have never once raided anyone and have even gone so far as to merc on the "wrong side" in a battle or two to keep this "law" in place shows how dedicated HoC has been to keeping strat fun. Raiding is still just a shitty mechanic that rewards people who would rather "win" than have real battles and actual fun. There is no reason why you (or anyone in Acre) can't give back the raided gear after the raid goes down if you truly feel sorry for breaking the rules. Otherwise playing the "I am new and don't know things" card doesn't seem all that convincing.

B) Acre has used this abusive "gear bugging" tactic against other targets, so it isn't just HoC calling for your heads. Kalmar Union and now the Black Knights get to join us on that lovely pedestal. So this isn't just some massive Anti-Acre HoC conspiracy where we intentionally gear bug ourselves and lose each and every fief that has been attacked thus far. Every defending faction has always had peasant gear at their disposal for the entirety of this strat. What is more likely, the core mechanics of strat decide to suddenly change (after being neglected by the devs for over a year), or something fishy is going on with all of these HCE attacks?

C) Bruttus, regardless of whatever beef you may have with us, I don't quite see how being the "laughing stock of NA" waaay waay back some 3 years ago has any influence on current events. Did we abuse known exploits to garner the rest of the community's hate? No, we were mostly all noobs at the time who were picked on simply for sucking. Oh no, we're so bad! Then we did go and declare war on basically the entire NA server, so there is that. But it's far better to quit strat in a blaze of glory (that actually provides battles for people) than to start cheating your way to the top (in a manner that deprives people of the only fun thing about strat).

D) If the Acre guy(s) who call all the shots are actually human beings, then maybe they would actually prioritize fun while playing a game. But it seems that instead of approaching KU/BK/HoC and saying "Hey guys, that was pretty shitty that you didn't even get a fighting chance that battle, if you promise not to change anything we'll transfer the fief back to you lads so we can try this properly a second time, alright?" that Acre would rather break the community-established rules, and the actually enforceable rules of strat just to try and "win." Seriously, that is straight up petty and pathetic. We shouldn't come to expect anything else from them after they refused to return the KU's gear from when the servers died and the battles never happened, but one could hope. I have faith that literally any other faction that had such "coincidental glitches" happening during their battles would have chosen the correct path, not the game-killing one... unless they weren't glitches and were more than a coincidence.

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's enemy action.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 10:29:27 pm »
+1
A) Raiding has been the one rule that all of NA could agree on for a long time... we "tried" to not gank or ninja roster, but "accidents" happened and it proved to be nonpunishable. Raiding however, that is easy to punish. For instance when the Berserks initially got back into this strat they raided HCE. HoC, upholding our end of the agreement, merced FOR HCE, our enemies at the time, AGAINST the Berserks, our friends at the time. Much of the community also partook in this public shaming and they learned their lesson after getting stomped in the subsequent battle/siege. The fact that we have never once raided anyone and have even gone so far as to merc on the "wrong side" in a battle or two to keep this "law" in place shows how dedicated HoC has been to keeping strat fun. Raiding is still just a shitty mechanic that rewards people who would rather "win" than have real battles and actual fun. There is no reason why you (or anyone in Acre) can't give back the raided gear after the raid goes down if you truly feel sorry for breaking the rules. Otherwise playing the "I am new and don't know things" card doesn't seem all that convincing.

B) Acre has used this abusive "gear bugging" tactic against other targets, so it isn't just HoC calling for your heads. Kalmar Union and now the Black Knights get to join us on that lovely pedestal. So this isn't just some massive Anti-Acre HoC conspiracy where we intentionally gear bug ourselves and lose each and every fief that has been attacked thus far. Every defending faction has always had peasant gear at their disposal for the entirety of this strat. What is more likely, the core mechanics of strat decide to suddenly change (after being neglected by the devs for over a year), or something fishy is going on with all of these HCE attacks?

C) Bruttus, regardless of whatever beef you may have with us, I don't quite see how being the "laughing stock of NA" waaay waay back some 3 years ago has any influence on current events. Did we abuse known exploits to garner the rest of the community's hate? No, we were mostly all noobs at the time who were picked on simply for sucking. Oh no, we're so bad! Then we did go and declare war on basically the entire NA server, so there is that. But it's far better to quit strat in a blaze of glory (that actually provides battles for people) than to start cheating your way to the top (in a manner that deprives people of the only fun thing about strat).

D) If the Acre guy(s) who call all the shots are actually human beings, then maybe they would actually prioritize fun while playing a game. But it seems that instead of approaching KU/BK/HoC and saying "Hey guys, that was pretty shitty that you didn't even get a fighting chance that battle, if you promise not to change anything we'll transfer the fief back to you lads so we can try this properly a second time, alright?" that Acre would rather break the community-established rules, and the actually enforceable rules of strat just to try and "win." Seriously, that is straight up petty and pathetic. We shouldn't come to expect anything else from them after they refused to return the KU's gear from when the servers died and the battles never happened, but one could hope. I have faith that literally any other faction that had such "coincidental glitches" happening during their battles would have chosen the correct path, not the game-killing one... unless they weren't glitches and were more than a coincidence.

Well jona, with all of respect, you are doing it right now, you see other factions/clans suddenly lesser then your own.
Second I still stay on that what I say, That people has to use theyre common sence in a stratbattle, even if it is 1 that isn't justified, you don't pollbann some1 from another team  during a stratbattle, when your team is losing.
About the effects, thats not 1.5 years ago, you should remember those events and be the bigger man then the rest, but you don't. You act like you are better.

And gearbugging a fief, just before the attack begins, how you do that? Explain me how you can do that?, Especially when you just before the attack could acces the peasantgear. (that was what I have heard.
You are an NA admin, you have knowledge how those things are done?

Offline sLaughterino

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
  • Much ado about nothing
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HoC_Marshal_sLaughter
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 11:09:10 pm »
Bruttus, you are as incompetent as you are irrelevant.  Stop speaking, for the sake of all mankind.
sLaughter the Desert Fox, Marshal of the Armée du Sud, Hand of the King, and Margrave of the Redlands

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 11:34:11 pm »
+2
TBH
I'm pretty fair and reliable judge. Lets do this the old fashioned way. Answer my questions publicly (particularly the last one) and lets get this all cleared up. I believe the people in question are Largos and Bauer, but I am only privy to what I can read.

1) Was the owner of the fief in the fief? (Y/N?)

2) Dependent on 1, did the owner verify peasant gear before battle started(or gear at all?)

3) When was the last time the fief was managed?

4) At Previous instance of management, what gear was in there?

5) Acre player: Please post the post game battle log that you have received from both the raid, and the subsequent "gearless" battle.

I might have more later, but this should start "handling" the affair, publicly, and hopefully fairly.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 11:40:25 pm »
+1
Can an admin check that?

It's easy to "verfiy" without  admin.

Just take an image of your crpg inbox. Every battle has one. If not, I believe DUPRE(?) can find it and post it publicly

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 11:41:22 pm »
It's easy to "verfiy" without  admin.

Just take an image of your crpg inbox. Every battle has one. If not, I believe DUPRE(?) can find it and post it publicly

Last I heard dupre has no access to anything involving strat