Author Topic: A final solution to 2H and PO unrealistic spamming.  (Read 4662 times)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
Re: A final solution to 2H and PO unrealistic spamming.
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 05:40:24 pm »
Anything slowing this game dowm further would be the end of good melee combat. It is @ the edge of boredom allready.

Before opening threads, one should try to reflect his build and playing abilities.

Please.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »
Agree with Mega.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 08:20:03 pm »
Anything slowing this game dowm further would be the end of good melee combat. It is @ the edge of boredom allready.

Before opening threads, one should try to reflect his build and playing abilities.

Please.

I totally agree, but I still am for stamina/fatigue, because it would not slow the game down. Why did you bring up game slowdown again?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »
I totally agree, but I still am for stamina/fatigue, because it would not slow the game down. Why did you bring up game slowdown again?

Takes longer to kill people, I suppose. I assume that is what he is refering to, though I could be mistaken.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 02:56:53 am »
Stamina bar system could work like this:
It'll always gain more and try to reach %100 Once you block,attack or sprint it 'll drop but every second that you spend idle , it'll continue rising.Just like other games which have stamina system.Size of the stamina bar and regeneration rate could be arranged by a new agility based skill called "Stamina" and each agility point could add some amount of + to stamina bar + regen rate. I think implementing this to a mod impossible.It could be very good tho .
For realism-gaming dilemma : I think it becomes more fun when it is realistic.People play medieval games to have realistic medieval experience . Otherwise there are lots of arcade,sci-fi games out there.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:29 am »
I am currently playing as a 1h Horseman with shield no real difference between normal shielders (same thing but I ride on a horse for a bit) anyway I find it easys to fight 2h most of the time since as you said quite a few just spam while they do I simply backpeddle for a few steps then charge forward to catch them off guard or just wait till I hear him hit my shield then left swing at him and press the attack. Making this game more realistic would make it shite, yes its fun to have a certain amount of realism in the game but to much, then people thinnk why the hell am I playing this when I might as well go outside and do it? personally I think its just you tactics that are making you lose to 2h players.   
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 03:30:31 am »
"Making this game more cartoony would make it shite, yes its fun to have a certain amount of cartoony rock-paper-scissors, tic tac toe bullshit in the game but to much, then people thinnk why the hell am I playing this when I might as well go play WoW or checkers or touch myself?"

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 04:00:25 am »
Train your timing, add WPF, stop asking rules to be changed.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 04:13:04 am »
It is still not realistic. Even if you swing a light 5 pound weight like a sword, try bringing it back up and doing an entire full swing immediately after, you'll see its actually pretty challenging and any more weight could actually do damage to you.

Maybe the speed of the item in the item shop should be its true speed, and the higher your wpf the closer to the true speed you are.

Supa sword
Length: 98
Speed: 95
Recovery: 45
Current recov: 13

Where recovery is the time between the swings to pick the sword pack up and basically reload, and current recovery displays how fast it is at your current wpf.

Or, get rid of spd entirely and make it strength - weight = spd; spd + weight + dam type = damage   :wink:

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 05:09:19 am »
gee whiz Why don't we just make it like warcraft you won't have to worry about trying to connect to your opponent's body or rotating your swing into anyone or blocking or really anything requiring any reflex's

is this really what one handers want, plz let my shield autoblock everything, its not fair that the enemy gets to swing?

I think the OP is n00blet, let me guess less than 1 month of play, my 1hander(go look at my steam its the same name as my forum name) gets easily 2-3 kills per death, same as my polearm and 2h (oh my god's say it ain't so)

learn to build a character, I see everyone sporting these high agi pure melee builds and laugh, that's not how the game is setup right now, anything over 15 agi and you better be doing something particular(amazingly annoying shielder/super fast polearm poker buildz etc)

on the other hand you have a 1h with say 24 str 15 agi or 27 str 12 agi (148 wpf @ 30 or 140 wpf @ 30, basically fastest "wpf" speed swings) armed with a good high end sword you will definitely be putting those big bad "invincible" polearm/2h guys down or making their life hell fighting as a team(as a shielder), you might actually realize its easier than you think

or you might be someone with absolutely no clue that builds matter, equipment matters and even the timing and flow of melee combat is actually quite intricate in this game

oh yea it's all spam, keep on crying and dying if that's what you want
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:10:41 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:16 am »
What the hell is cartooney or warcraft-like on a stamina system? It doesn't even need a bar. Just decrease swing speed little by little for each consecutive swing and restore it quickly when not swinging. Nobody besides spammers can have anything against it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 12:54:50 am »
What the hell is cartooney or warcraft-like on a stamina system? It doesn't even need a bar. Just decrease swing speed little by little for each consecutive swing and restore it quickly when not swinging. Nobody besides spammers can have anything against it.

Don't slow the game down. The only people who can't kill a spammer are noobs. Learn to block, learn to use footwork, and just learn to play the game. The current pace of the game is fine. Keep your Mount & Asthma out of my Mount & Blade.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Heresiarch

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:42 am »
I also bitched about spamming when I started, but after a lot of training I feel I can take anyone now. My tip: you just need to use your head and use opportunities when you see them, if you fail to see any then you need to play/train more. Theres always someone better than yourself, deal with it.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:23 am »

I was not referring to the stamina bar, but a previous comment where someone was claiming that realism will ruin the game.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 01:56:36 am »
I was not referring to the stamina bar, but a previous comment where someone was claiming that realism will ruin the game.

if you had read the post properly you would see it said TO MUCH would ruin the game while to little would as well.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.