Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91682 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1310
  • Infamy: 2361
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »
Instead of middle easterners and Africans coming to their country like Yurop, they got Mexicans. Maybe Europe wanna switch. Lets Spread dat Catholicism around pls.

Latinas are hot, you perro

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1480
  • Infamy: 2902
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2015, 06:02:18 pm »
Its the Nazi gold :lol:

Might be. Makes them even smarter in my eyes. Didn't take part in the conflict but took all the treasure. Bigger WW2 winners than Muricans.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2015, 06:29:34 pm »
+1

Yes....

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »
too bad most immigrants are fat old guys
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2015, 07:13:59 pm »
I think it's sig-worthy to be honest.

Seriously though, who are you even talking about? I haven't seen any sign of Smoothrich or Shik in here for a long time. Do you believe people who think like that hold much political power especially, you know, outside of SoCal?

Did we or did we not watch the same frigging debate? This shit isn't confined to ivory tower academia and has deep implications on government policy.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2015, 07:41:10 pm »
(click to show/hide)

But a major difference between Switzerland and Germany is that our foreigners are well integrated, even tho we have lots of serbs,bosniak, kosovar, I never saw any of them insult another. Something like the clash between kurds and turks inside germany  is not even thinkable here.

Are you sure? If i'm not mistaken this happened in Switzerland  :arrow: Turkish vs Kurds  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=617_1442119315
(click to show/hide)

I'm quite sure this is probably an isolated case, but saying it's unthinkable is a bit naive imo.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:44:19 pm by Lars »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2015, 08:10:39 pm »
Are you sure? If i'm not mistaken this happened in Switzerland  :arrow: Turkish vs Kurds  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=617_1442119315
(click to show/hide)

I'm quite sure this is probably an isolated case, but saying it's unthinkable is a bit naive imo.

Well, those are isolated cases in Germany too. Except your calling 3 to 5 times a year 20vs20 a massive problem in society :lol:

I've read about marriage parties having bigger fights.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2015, 08:14:09 pm »
+4
I guess we have a new Meanwhile in Ukraine Europe thread now.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2015, 08:39:06 pm »
Well, those are isolated cases in Germany too. Except your calling 3 to 5 times a year 20vs20 a massive problem in society :lol:

I've read about marriage parties having bigger fights.

Where have I said that is a massive problem to society if some Turks and Kurds run over each other with a car? I simply answered to the Swiss guy who wrote that clashes between Turks and Kurds are not even thinkable over there.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:55:47 pm by Lars »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2015, 08:57:10 pm »
+1
Separate comment to Grytviken who puzzled me.. Couldn't place him, Norwegian nick, but opinions near unheard of in Norway, then I realize he's some right wing american with Norwegian roots. I can say if anything, US should take refugees. No country on earth is able to assimilate and integrate people from all over like the US, besides, ISIS and the war in Syria is a consequence of American wars and policy. (And of course, we should pressure the Saudis to take more.)

I actually consider myself a moderate or independent. I'm rational enough to know the left and right both have legitimate concerns and ideas but unchecked will manipulate facts/emotions to push their own agenda to the extreme. The same people who advocated so hard for totally erasing the word chocolate chip cookie from society throw it around at their adversaries whenever it seems fitting to their own agenda. It's unprofessional on a political level and an embarrassment to the people they represent. Either way you look at it it's offensive, could be a German descendant who's relative died misguided fighting for Albert, it could be family of a Pole or Norsk who died fighting against them, it's not relative to today's politics and demeaning to use it as political ammo. I tend to group the far left extremists and the neo-nazzis together in the same loonie bin as they have far more in common than they like to think imo.

It's hard to get a clear idea of how many are actually war refugees and how many are economic migrants. There are strict guidelines to constitute what makes a refugee and what makes a migrant in the US, this is both to help those who really need it first and to discourage their entire nation's talent to disappear leaving a problematic void in their own land.

Like I said before Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have a complicated economic situation and it is considered un-Islamic for Muslims to work lower paying labor or service jobs in these countries and contradictory to their policies which make their nation's stable. The number of assylum seekers in European countries that are in route to Germany and Sweden are pretty much non-existent, which leads to the belief they are after the benefits. Forcing them to settle in these countries could stir up trouble in itself if the migrants feel like they are being cheated, and further cause those nations that can't afford to offer the benefits Germany and Sweden offer to have further economic problems.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:27:01 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2015, 09:41:08 pm »
+2
It's hard to get a clear idea of how many are actually war refugees and how many are economic migrants.

Yes, it is. And it is abused by various politicians like Farage who says that 90% are economic migrants who come for benefits. What is for sure, is that people risk their very lives getting here. Isn't that some kind of test as to whether or not these are desperate people?

IMO, disregarding real, extremely fucked up conflicts like you have in Syria and parts of Africa:

Is that the world has suddenly gotten much much smaller. Millions of people in Africa and probably a much higher percentage of people in the middle east have access to internet and see for themselves how fucked up their countries are relative to Europe. The world is, for the most part, a shitty place. Billions of more or less intelligent humans live in corrupt, fucked up societies, where no matter how hard you work, you get fucked over sooner or later. There is no future for these people, at least not within reasonable reach. Perhaps in 100 years? Who cares about that?

There's nothing new under the sun when it comes to the unfairness of the world, it's just that its never been more obvious to more people.

You can choose to live a shitty, rotten life, or risk it all and get your ass to Europe one way or another. I know what I would do, and what any smart person would do..

The logical conclusion to all this is, unfortunately, to block off Europe, only allowing "real" refugees in sustainable amounts entrance. But it won't get much better until other parts of the world get to have reasonable living standards.

At the same time, you have to keep another thought in mind that the flight of the refugees are perfectly understandable, and that we as Europeans have done, would have done, and perhaps one day will do the same.

So IMO these attempts at judging the refugees for their actions or who they are is just brownish crap. Taking a dreamy moral high ground like the swedes is also not very productive. The reality of the world is very ugly, and the most moral thing we can do is to end the war in Syria, and actually start to care and DO SOMETHING about parts of Africa. If not we have a neverending stream of immigrants, legal or not in the future.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:46:50 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2015, 09:47:57 pm »
90% being 'economic migrants' (damn i hate this word, why the fuck would anyone migrate if not for a better life? redundant)

is overexaggerating it, about 40-60% of them sounds reasonable.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2015, 09:56:00 pm »
+1
I immigrated to Poland to get a worse life. :D (joking, I have a great life here!)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »
Did we or did we not watch the same frigging debate? This shit isn't confined to ivory tower academia and has deep implications on government policy.

I didn't watch it because I'm pretty sure I would learn nothing from it. Two retards debate each other in order to get votes from even bigger retards on a topic infested with retarded rhetoric. As to "this shit" you'll have to bring some tangible clue to convince me. That whole post I quoted is hyperbole and it's hard to tell what you actually believe is true. Yes, politicians love to use the racism card to discredit one another, because it's cheap and has been reasonably effective for some time. Does that mean everyone not voting for anti-immigration parties is a self-loathing muslim lover? You are just employing the exact same tactic as they are to discredit people who don't have the same opinions.