Poll

Refugees "flooding" Europe are (2 votes max)

Huge problem in my eurocountry
Small problem in my eurocountry
Not relevant problem in my eurocountry
-----------------------------------------------
Help as many of them as possible
Help only a few of them (aka "non muslims" only etc.)
Send them all home
-----------------------------------------------
I'm from Murica
I just want to click somewhere

Author Topic: Refugees "flooding" Europe !NEW POLL!  (Read 91778 times)

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
Re: Refugees "flooding" Europe
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »
Props to Great Britain and France for releasing their overseas mandates and territories in the middle of the Cold War, paving the way for all these dictatorships.
I'd rather say they "realesed" their mandate, looked if the man taking power was more concerned by their interest or to those of its people. Then cut off his head (lumumba,sankara,etc) if it was the second case. So more like just putting dictatorship in their ex-colonies.

I usually strongly disagree with Obeyrn post but his first two post made lot of sense. There's clearly a big hypocrisy in Sunni muslim, cliaming to big one big brotherhood when it's about giving weapons but are no where to be found when it's about welcoming refugee, pointing out that is not being islamophob.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2015, 06:27:41 pm »
What I'm trying to say is, most people had some kind of contact with God and religion. They have different views and expectations. But I strongly believe that only mentally unstable people are true devotees to ideas projected by religious leaders. Which is rather scary, because there is a ton of them.

I wouldn't necessarily say mentally unstable. In some cases it can be lack of education for example. Which is why local mosque leaders, priests ect can have so much power and sway because what they say goes and people don't know enough to question it. Even in societies that are educated but where there is a lack of critical thinking and following the flow of the community is the norm it can be a problem for this.

I usually strongly disagree with Obeyrn post but his first two post made lot of sense. There's clearly a big hypocrisy in Sunni muslim, cliaming to big one big brotherhood when it's about giving weapons but are no where to be found when it's about welcoming refugee, pointing out that is not being islamophob.

There is hypocrisy in every religion and often made more so once various sects appear and religions become more and more fragmented. Sunni for example is a very broad umbrella but within that there are whole spectrums of groups that teach different things to each other. With your refugee statement there are also counter examples. For instance Sunni Muslims give more charity than any other group in the world. Largely because it's written into the religion that you have to give a portion of your standing wealth to charity each year.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »
+1
I'm not an atheist, I'm closer to deist or agnostic than anything, but I've already pointed that out repeatedly.

That is the religion version of " i dont have autism, i got aspergers syndrome."

Come on, we all know what it means.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2015, 07:04:46 pm »
I don't think you realize the ammount of terrorist attacks that are stopped on a yearly basis, we only ever hear the ones that manage to set it in motion.

Do you really believe that?

By the way, even considering that it is obviously true Sunni Muslims are far more likely than basically anyone in western countries to participate in an attack, so are people without life insurance. And that has been used to find actual terrorists in bank records. The principle of asylum is supposedly that you have to shelter people that cannot go back to their country because it is too dangerous. I don't see how it's fair to accept and reject immigrants based on religion.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2015, 07:42:37 pm »
The moral of the story is 'be careful what you wish for' when you beg for independence and expect running a country to be easy.

No take-backsies

Wish we could've seen Scotland's attempt at running its own affairs, building an economy, feeding it's people (including the more remote isles), continuing to provide free university tuition, healthcare, providing pensions... Or failing to do all of the above. It'd suck to live next to a 3rd world country though... On the plus side it's fairly sparsely populated, the migrants jumping Hadrian's wall wouldnt have been an overwhelming number.

This is why I always donate a few bucks to the IRA every year   :lol:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »
+1
This is why I always donate a few bucks to the IRA every year   :lol:

Ayy lmao

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6bc_1440430252    shieldwall!!! jk free welfare that way  :arrow:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »
+1
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »
Do you really believe that?

By the way, even considering that it is obviously true Sunni Muslims are far more likely than basically anyone in western countries to participate in an attack, so are people without life insurance. And that has been used to find actual terrorists in bank records. The principle of asylum is supposedly that you have to shelter people that cannot go back to their country because it is too dangerous. I don't see how it's fair to accept and reject immigrants based on religion.

I quess the general fear is that muslims are much more likely to be intolerant than anyone. That our own lifestyles are forced to change to compensate for their lack of tolerance. Doubt its the terroristic attacks everybody fears, when it comes to middle-eastern immigrants. Its the fear of becoming Sweden. Where they straight up force their own people to shut up about anything that sounds even remotely bad about the subject.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »
+1

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
I quess the general fear is that muslims are much more likely to be intolerant than anyone. That our own lifestyles are forced to change to compensate for their lack of tolerance. Doubt its the terroristic attacks everybody fears, when it comes to middle-eastern immigrants. Its the fear of becoming Sweden. Where they straight up force their own people to shut up about anything that sounds even remotely bad about the subject.

Getting stoned to death for farting in public isn't tolerant?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:24 pm »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1479
  • Infamy: 2194
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:35 pm »
Back on topic with some news: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34073534

Offline LordBerenger