Author Topic: Of alts and Heirlooms  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Of alts and Heirlooms
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
yeah

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »
Im against it.
I dont want people to be able to transfer thing to an archer who has grinded 10000000000 of gold because he doesnt use expensive equipment.
If you want heirloom on your alt heirloom with him.
If you want heirloom with your main do it with him.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »
You can still just play a generation of my old friendchery and keep the money after you retire. :x
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
And imo that's bad enough as it is. Let's not make it too easy.
If you have for example an archer and a rider you can always swith to be archer on maps that favor them and rider on maps that favor them. If you switch between retirements than you simply have to play archer maps as cav and cav maps as archer.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:58 pm »
I dont want to transfer to my main :D i just want to transfer between my alts :/
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 08:31:46 pm »

This is exactly the bad point of view most of the players here have...you ARE NOT BEING PUNISHED, on the contrary, the guys that spent ALL THEIR TIME ON ONE CHAR gets rewarded...quite a difference we have, hm?

If you are bored by your char and you play alt, why should your alt get any benefits? Why is it that if i spent 300hours on SINGLE char i should not have any advantage? I call bullshit.

On the other hand, i would like to be able to send money to my alts, that is the only problem which i am facing on them.

And also: if you think heirlooms make you better player, i pity you, i mean, i am getting decent K/D and have fun on my alt which has not a single loom, it is perfectly doable and i am fine with the fact he is like that. If i wanted him to have looms, he would be my main, period.

Edit: if you want to add this possibility, just give back the XP bonuses from before, so we, the "lame grinders on one char" are not punished and can try new specs as well, sounds fair, doesnt it? /sarcasm off

Get a life.
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »
If you are bored by your char and you play alt, why should your alt get any benefits? Why is it that if i spent 300hours on SINGLE char i should not have any advantage? I call bullshit.

Why should you have an advantage?

With your line of reasoning, those who had the least fun and went through the most boring game play should have a bonus for enduring so.
I am afraid I disagree with this. Just because you like masochism, the rest of us shouldn't suffer that. And because you have pervese tendencies does not entitle you to an advantage.

In short. Time spent on an alt is worth no more, no less, that time spent on a main char.

Cheers
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:52 pm »
Get a life.

Haha, using such argument on internet forums is so low man, but thanks, i do not need to get another life, i work, i have friends with whom i hang out quite often, yet i was able to play more than you i presume, so the jealousy is on place...

another thing:
With your line of reasoning, those who had the least fun and went through the most boring game play should have a bonus for enduring so.

where did i say i am not having fun? i was just retiring in order to try out new spec, you were rolling alts, now i have one char with good items, you have more with default gear, so, still think time spent on alt is worth the same?

edit: i played 2her for 8gens, throw+shield, archer, cav and boardnsword, i tried all i wanted to on ONE single char, most of the guys who want item transfers rolled alts and now expect to have every single thing available to every single char? just make them have insta lvl 30 without xp restriction, 9 loompoints and then maybe they would be satisfied...

but still, ffs, this is just a game, we should play and have fun, not batlle over pixelated bullshits :) anyhow my point remains: want loomed stuff on alt? loom it on him

another edit: to the poster above me, seriously, using words as pervert or masochism doesnt make you look any cooler...especially when its about game, if you consider playing this a torture, why are you still here? :D If and when i get bored by warband, i just play different game. I dont feel the urge to stick around and try out everything which i might find fun again, i play warband when i feel like playing warband :) when i dont have fun, i dont roll alts but i switch games!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:50:41 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »
First things first: There is a point you missed. Heirlooming on an alt made sense because they could be used in strat. This they cannot no more hence heirlooms make no sense on them.

But apart from that:
The thing is, you constantly want to maintain an advantage, because you had fun playing a single char.
I had fun playing several chars. My character in strategus is now disadvantaged. What I suggested would only put us on par.
You loose nothing! In other words, all I want to do is to minimize disadvantages while you want to keep an advantage because we have fun in different ways. Why should your way of having fun be rewarded more than mine?

Because in the future, you would say, alts can be used for abuse. YES, but not yet.
This is why this needs to be done before the feature is implemented.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:49:33 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 10:58:33 pm »
Well, to be honest i am not the type of person who would be thinking of possible abusing of anything ingame, so i have absolutely no idea what the hell you write about.

The point still remains, if you put time into a character in what is supposed to be RPG (all that char development and stuff), why should any other character have any possible benefit from this time? (now we speak heirlooms) If you wanted to have benefits, you should have played more on the char on which u demand them. That is like logical.

I think we are getting into an infinite loop, i have my point of view, u have yours. I respect yours even tho i do not agree with it. Further discussions are getting way too hard for me on this topic as its hard for me to explain exactly what i want to say in english. Not my native tongue. :)

So thanks for discussions, i appreciate ur opinions, and we will see where this gets anyhow :D

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 06:54:25 am »
Eh... if you start talking about RPG, you need to remember that your characters are one kind of "family" and heirlooms are family heirlooms, and gold can as well be shared between your "family".

RPG is all about imagination.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:55:30 am by bonekuukkeli »

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 08:41:38 am »
would only be fair to allow players that have many alts with heirlooms to trade them.
make it like the loom change and only for 1 day or something like this
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:45:53 am by Rhygar666 »

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 11:38:44 am »
Uh... signed?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »
"First things first: There is a point you missed. Heirlooming on an alt made sense because they could be used in strat. This they cannot no more hence heirlooms make no sense on them."

erm if its anything like the last strat you dont use any of your crpg equipment :P you have to buy equipment on strat
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »
"First things first: There is a point you missed. Heirlooming on an alt made sense because they could be used in strat. This they cannot no more hence heirlooms make no sense on them."

erm if its anything like the last strat you dont use any of your crpg equipment :P you have to buy equipment on strat

All thyne hard work has payeth off