Author Topic: Of alts and Heirlooms  (Read 4832 times)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Re: Of alts and Heirlooms
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »
erm if its anything like the last strat you dont use any of your crpg equipment :P you have to buy equipment on strat

As such you are right however in old strat there was little difference between main and alts. The only thing the main char did was to walk around the map. Therefore it made sense to have heirlooms on several alts because you played on several toons on public servers.

Now the meaning of alts has been all but completely diminished. Really, let us not have "wasted" all time on alts and let us at least have the heirlooms.

Cheers (and bump)
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »
Why should you have an advantage?

Because alts DO have an advantage. You can, at any time, choose to login your fully leveled and geared alt for a map, then switch back to main or a different alt for a different map. Lots of Cavalry playing? Logon to your Pikeman alt. Lot's of ranged flying? Logon to your Shielder alt. Lots of 2h spammers? Logon to your archer alt. That's the advantage YOU have.

Those with one character? No option but to keep plugging away with the same build, eating cavalry lances, or arrows, or being outspammed until the map changes, or the player build makeup changes as people come and go from the servers.

The myth is that players who have a lot of alts have no advantage compared to a single character player. Your advantage is the alts themselves.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 08:52:06 pm »
I made alts so I never get bored...

It works rather well.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »
I have alts and I still find myself getting bored at times.
 :(

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2011, 03:58:00 am »
Because alts DO have an advantage. You can, at any time, choose to login your fully leveled and geared alt for a map, then switch back to main or a different alt for a different map. Lots of Cavalry playing? Logon to your Pikeman alt. Lot's of ranged flying? Logon to your Shielder alt. Lots of 2h spammers? Logon to your archer alt. That's the advantage YOU have.

Those with one character? No option but to keep plugging away with the same build, eating cavalry lances, or arrows, or being outspammed until the map changes, or the player build makeup changes as people come and go from the servers.

The myth is that players who have a lot of alts have no advantage compared to a single character player. Your advantage is the alts themselves.  :idea:

unlike other bad posts in this thread you make a good point, there is some advantage to alts in that regard which I hadn't considered.

but anyway I wanna know if chadz will consider OP, still no genuine reason why not to.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2011, 06:16:10 am »
I agree! =)
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline HuskerRall

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2011, 08:15:55 am »
+1 signed agreed

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:24 am »
However crude this post might be in the opinion of our dear devs. Would it be to much to ask for an opion or statement on the matter?

(And I am sry for the lack of wit and charm in this very post. I just ain't witty, pretty or gay!)
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 01:41:08 pm »
bump.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 08:20:35 am »

If you are bored by your char and you play alt, why should your alt get any benefits? Why is it that if i spent 300hours on SINGLE char i should not have any advantage? I call bullshit.

Perhaps because it's actually LESS work that you did in order to multi-gen your single character many times over given the xp gain per gen.
Combine that with the fact that the people that rolled alts rather than exploit the retirement system for wpf bonuses 20+ times *coughweallknowwhothesepeopleare/werecough* AND the xp bonuses until recently and it's really those of us that played legit and rolled alts instead that put in more time, work and investment into the game.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 11:24:31 am »
1. Gorath noone gained xp because he abused the system. Everything was adjusted and recalculated with last patch.
2. The information that only one char will be able to play in strategus is nothing new. Its there since the january-patch.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »
Perhaps because it's actually LESS work that you did in order to multi-gen your single character many times over given the xp gain per gen.
Combine that with the fact that the people that rolled alts rather than exploit the retirement system for wpf bonuses 20+ times *coughweallknowwhothesepeopleare/werecough* AND the xp bonuses until recently and it's really those of us that played legit and rolled alts instead that put in more time, work and investment into the game.

as mentioned by the poster above me: xp was recalced, so this was solved...and anyways, i started playing at like late november, so i did not had enuff time to "exploit" the implemented xp system to retire more than 3 times...some were focusing on gaining huge lvl, others kept retiring, still i do not see any logic in the argument with time spent...just

if i spent 300hours playing warband, focusing on one char and he was pimped out and shit, that is fine (at least from my point of view)
ïf i spent 300hours playing warband, dividing among many chars, why should i have option to pimp some char out using the time spent on another?

but still, i kept retiring to try out new specs, and with the old xp bonus (which was quite huuuuuuge compared to now, i have to admit, "thanks" to this nerf, most of my friends stopped playing, even low gens :() it was doable, now i have to make alt, if i want to play something different for a while, as i dont want to be stuck with bullshit spec for a week, or how long does it take to retire now :(

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 02:43:35 pm »
I think everybody on this topic already understood that you don't agree with this, point taken, next.

There is no reason to be unable to trade with alts, as stated before by game admins/devs, you can always play one gen as an Archer, Fake Peasant, Happy Farmer, Ninja, whatever, and still make lots of monies on you main character.

If you lost time in your alt(s), they should have the same type of maneuvering and freedom in the market or at least trading with your main (even if in the presence of any type of penalty).

I didn't make alts for every possible build just because I was bored. I made it so I could test every aspect of the game without compromising the integrity of my main character, having it battle ready for guild purposes.

Now I have one my alts in gen 3, with a loomed poleh4x, and running all the time heavy geared, cause it has monies for it, which could be applied in something more productive..

PS: Bleh....

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2011, 03:22:58 pm »
Interesting that the whiny bitches who want to have everything for everyone can voice out their opinion multiple times and it goes on by unnoticed, but when someone is against something which would benefit you, they have no right to say no or what? This is discussion, which means people keep exchanging opinions, not that i say mine, you say yours and we let it be, if you preffer this sort of communication, just go blog or something...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »
+1
What about only allowing alts to trade with other alts (and not with mains) ?