Author Topic: Black Bird's NA Invasion  (Read 141239 times)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
Re: EU Invasion #2015
« Reply #780 on: July 17, 2015, 02:09:09 am »
+2
I don't expect them to give the gear back for any of them though.  That would mean they'd have character... ;-)

People still wonder why there is an abundance of NA mercs with the Euros.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #781 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:44 am »
+3
Actually Anders, gotta disagree with you on this.  The EU folk have been very giving in this war.  After the server froze, and unfroze with no notice, a rollback should have occured.  It didn't.  The proper action would have been to give back gear for all armies that got hosed.  The troop count was hurt enough, but to lose it all... meh.  Look at it this way.  Would HCE have caused an uproar if roles were reversed?  You betcha. 

I don't expect them to give the gear back for any of them though.  That would mean they'd have character... ;-)

Really? Roll back? What a disgrace. In the history of Strat, the only time a roll back has ever occured was from a significant bug that caused sever problems.(usually at the time a patch is released that causes a bug and they revert back before the bug) Lets just completly ignore nearly 20+ times this shit has happened before and never been "fixed" like that. Plz, get a grip.

I remember them complaining about broke servers then, after and still. Maybe you shouldn' be such a twat, or has mercing for HCE made lying to commonplace for you?

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/eu-invasion-2015/msg1153064/#msg1153064
Kalmars got rekt by that Server upfuck and got only 3 armies left, so they will probably just attack some villages, but if you think you can attack them, we equipped every single army we lost again and can equip them once more.

Not asking for gear and bragging they have so much gear. Probably from Months of Farming on the EU side that doesn't allow you to get attacked(but you can still move, trade and everything else)

No, they didn't complain until they couldn't attack anymore. In fact, he just laughed at someone threating to attack him in EU, telling them to "go ahead."
omg if you guys want to attack us go go go :D

We will destroy about 4-5 k troops/population today and you guys really think it would be intelligent to try shit in EU :D

yoshi.

If you attack something in EU you will be frozen for ages and you will loose the battle :)

But well thx :) One less we gotta take care of :)

If anything, the little kraut should be pegged down. Not only can you not actually attack his fiefs and his real armies, he brags about it when he attacks you.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #782 on: July 17, 2015, 04:34:35 am »
+1
You want to attack us? Try it. We would flagcap every single siege you try, like we did it in the field battles.

You blame us being safe in EU, but I haven't even seen one real attack on something we have in NA, so why would u seriously attack us in EU when we got more troops there than here?

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #783 on: July 17, 2015, 07:46:15 am »
+6
Moonshine, don't even try be the 'voice of reason'.  You were one of the ones who begged Eques to come because you felt HCE was too powerful.  VonCrow... um, wtf, I don't even know you?  Why all the hate?

BlackxBird, I admire you for your martial ways in a fucking war game.  You have armies, you conquer.  Try that in NA.  You either get shit for attacking or not attacking enough.  People whine, whine, whine.

But you are an arrogant prick.  I talked to your followers and asked what made you such a great commander.  And it was not how you said, "nice green' or 'too much red gents'.  It was the fact that you used siege equipment.

When we did our damnedest to revive Strat, we were happy with 15 vs 15 battles.  And with 15 men defending a castle, siege equipment was a waste of resources.  Forward spawns could be wrecked after a bad push due to respawn time, castle walls could not be watched over, so ladders always did the job.  By the time it took to build a siege tower the battle was over.

But we learned lots.  We are getting our shit together.  The dark ages are over, and we may have entered a renaissance.  It's no longer 'let people play whatever way they want, cuz we'll never ever use all our ticks."  I think our people see the need to be serious.

And I quote:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Fuck yeah!  You may feel you are an Odoacer trying destroy then take over our empire, but this time the empire will stay true.  This is not some weak Roman Empire, but the Holy chadzian Empire... based on the Holy Roman Empire.

So whether we debase ourselves like the Wardens or Hounds and beg for Euro interfence, or fight you fuckers off like the mad dogs we are; we will win.  And don't ever, ever, ever bitch about Night Time Settings.  You come to our word and force 5 pm fights on my continent.  I'm lucky if I get home by 5:45.  So I miss all the big battles.  Which sux.  I will stay up late, but I won't miss work.  So play our primetime, or fight other Euros on our map.

GRRRRRRRRRR!

*oh will continue my RP tomorrow I hope

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 17, 2015, 08:08:00 am »
+2
  VonCrow... um, wtf, I don't even know you?  Why all the hate?

All entirely because you always spell my name VonCrow
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 17, 2015, 08:43:21 am »
+1
Oh, I apologize Vander Crow.  But it just seems like you're an annoying creature who pops up to feed on garbage... kinda like that bird... oh what's it called... oh yeah, a seagull!  But while most of us bash each other with a bit humour, you just seem bitchy.  Do you need a hug?  Did that teacher touch you in a bad way, and make you feel estranged from the rest of the world?  It's ok, bud.  We're all friends here.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #786 on: July 17, 2015, 09:01:41 am »
+2
omg I don't care what u think and I don't even give a single fuck on who u are.

If you think u can change the mind of those ppl who would follow me into death, yes. Try. Good luck with it.

You talk like a kid from a ghetto elementary school.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 17, 2015, 09:22:58 am »
+1
Actually Anders, gotta disagree with you on this.  The EU folk have been very giving in this war.  After the server froze, and unfroze with no notice, a rollback should have occured.  It didn't.  The proper action would have been to give back gear for all armies that got hosed.  The troop count was hurt enough, but to lose it all... meh.  Look at it this way.  Would HCE have caused an uproar if roles were reversed?  You betcha. 

Actually, I have not completly agree with you
The fact is that he is bragging on the forums that he has a shit ton of troops, gear, gold, so he shouldn't care about the lose of a compleet geared up army WITH NO SIEGE EQUIPMENT
If he didn't do that in the first place, I would completly agree with you about giving theyre gear back, but in this case, wel screw him

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 17, 2015, 10:08:52 am »
Oh, I apologize Vander Crow.  But it just seems like you're an annoying creature who pops up to feed on garbage... kinda like that bird... oh what's it called... oh yeah, a seagull!  But while most of us bash each other with a bit humour, you just seem bitchy.  Do you need a hug?  Did that teacher touch you in a bad way, and make you feel estranged from the rest of the world?  It's ok, bud.  We're all friends here.

Wasn't I suppose to be the one to take things too seriously Baggan? But more to topic, maybe you're right. Maybe I am taking this diplomacy thread too seriously, I mean who takes strat seriously?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:14:07 am by Voncrow »

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 17, 2015, 10:54:50 am »
+1
Yes, it is you who takes it too seriously.  Nuff said?

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #790 on: July 17, 2015, 12:23:17 pm »
+1
I quite honestly believe wardens and hounds had nothing to do with EU interference on the NA map... to me it just seems like another EU invasion planed and brought to us by... you guessed it... EU.

Can't believe this thread is almost to page 60... maybe someday ill come back and read it all.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #791 on: July 17, 2015, 12:30:36 pm »
+1
I quite honestly believe wardens and hounds had nothing to do with EU interference on the NA map... to me it just seems like another EU invasion planed and brought to us by... you guessed it... EU.

Can't believe this thread is almost to page 60... maybe someday ill come back and read it all.

They knew about it before hand and asked them to join. Thats why the first post had them listed as supporters when it was first posted. Because they worked with Dutchy to bring them over. Faction leaders from both have confirmed this

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline bruttus

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 17, 2015, 01:06:49 pm »
+1
omg I don't care what u think and I don't even give a single fuck on who u are.

Actually you should, or even better, you gonna regret that you crossed mine pad.

If you wanna know who I am, just ask the Hounds, becouse I am a former Hound member
prolly they are gonna say that I am a worthles peasant, etc..., but for me what happend between me and them is in the past. If they still have a grudge about it, so be it.

But I hope what HoC back then apreciated, and now Bryggan, was/is mine ability of tactical thinking in the stratmap, mine ability to be sneaky and suprise you when you don't expect.
If I tell you that I was in HoC area, after the split between me and HoC, even when I know that they where searching me in strat, I avoided theyre patrols, and even when they saw me, it was already to late to intersept me, and that for weeks, until I left CRPG, 1.5years ago.

I have received full freedom to do what I can do best, making the enemy's difficult
I'm not a person that waits until the enemy forces come knocking on mine door, I attack them first, even if I lose that battle, heck I will keep your siege army busy, so that the city has more tome for to put more defences in theyre fief.
So be glad that I'm not leading an army, yet, but be worried when you see mine name coming to your fiefs, becouse when you see it, its to late to react

About HoC, I have more respect about them them then about you
why??
Becouse I know what they can do
They don't brag about how manny troops, how manny gold they have or how awsome theyre gear is, we see those things most of the time when it is to late
In mine day's as an HoC member, they where asked allot, first as merc's, then as an faction
Back then, when the enemy saw the GREEN SHIELDWALL, they knew that HoC was there, and they knew to conquer that city or village, or even when HoC was attacking a fief or having a fieldbattle, the enemy knew that they where screwed, that they would lose a shitload of tickets and gear. That was the HoC that I knew.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:11:56 pm by bruttus »

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #793 on: July 17, 2015, 02:08:47 pm »
+2
They knew about it before hand and asked them to join. Thats why the first post had them listed as supporters when it was first posted. Because they worked with Dutchy to bring them over. Faction leaders from both have confirmed this

We rode to NA on our own donkeys, but what BlackBird did was try and make sure we have roster support from some people on NA so we wouldn't get completely annihilated like in the past.

This is hardly a big campaign from the mighty EU factions that it may look like. Yes, Eques has the troops and the gear (we Kalmars lost ours already in the server fuck up), but neither of us have the active members to actually do something big. A bit more than a year ago Kalmars alone would have been able to move 15 armies at the same time, Eques another 10-15. Right now we're maybe one third of that at best. As I said before Acre should use this to their advantage but have failed to do so so far, just sitting inside castles and waiting to be grinded down.

Acre is paying 600k per battle for their mercs which I find insane. Strat battles should be about big, fun, coordinated battles that we usually don't see on EU1/NA1, not pay to win. It's annoying when after all your hard work fixing up the gear (sometimes even siege gear :rolleyes:) people won't apply for the battles, but there's not much you can do about it and we won't go that route. What's been positive so far in this war has been that both sides have had decent sized rosters and the battles have had some of that oldskool Strat feeling that I miss. Hopefully we'll see that continue to evolve in the next few battles as well. Acre showed much better coordination in the last siege already with healing tents, attacks on forward spawns, crossbow spam and so on that really caught us off guard. Thanks for that, it means that we need to step up our game a lot to take that city.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #794 on: July 17, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »
+3
Just to make that clear: Stop calling our allies beggars.

We came here and the first persons people told me to speak to was Dutchy and Calamari. I talked to them and decided to attack u. That was 2 weeks before the invasion started.
4 days before it started I took part in a siege battle and talked to jona afterwards, he accepted my offer of an alliance cuz I didn't want anything, but the roster support.
I told him to not come to the south and attack anything, cuz we will handle that things down here and give them free run in the north
The Wardens are kind people too, Dutchy mainly talked to them.
And than one by one I talked to other ppl, after the war has started. Those ones who don't have big factions, those ones who would be alone.
Than I though let's talk to our enemy about the conditions of this war. Well, after being insulted the first 5 minutes in your teamspeak, I was about to leave, but than fortunately somebody moved James out^^. So I talked to some of u and than somebody in the channel changed his night time while I was talking about it - rq.

I'm the one who begged for roster support and I'm the one who does it before every battle. So blame me, call me pathetic or whatever, but leave them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:12:54 pm by BlackxBird »