Author Topic: Fucked up dreams, paranormal shit, etc.  (Read 5741 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: Fucked up dreams, paranormal shit, etc.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 08:14:18 am »
+1
ladydreams

You know, my dreams almost never involve romance or even just being involved with a specific person for most of the dream. Usually they're just weird-ass rambling walks through a surreal land. Anyone I meet is tossed to the side (storywise, not literally. I'm not a jerk in my dreams) as soon as I wander onward. Other people are poorly defined; that nicotine dream is one of the only times other people were a specific person I could recall later. Maybe it's because I like to be alone at times? I'm not antisocial; I have a family and enjoy chatting with friends and coworkers. But a lot of the time I feel like I don't have enough ~alone time~ to go for bike rides or walk through the woods by myself. Loner @ heart or something I dunno I'm not a psychologis.

I do now and then have intimate (not sexual) dreams where I'm all cuddlin' up with a girl watchin' movies at home or gettin'  cozy around a campfire. They're always very short. The girl in question is nondescript, like my usual dream people. But I feel a strong sense of knowing her, and whenever I have these dreams I know it's the same girl. We never do anything, just sit there in extreme physical and mental closeness. We belong together. Then I wake up with lingering emotions. Like the opposite of a nightmare that leaves you awake in a panic. I get this awful melancholy "she's gone..." feeling until I fall back asleep. Who is she? Is it my anima?

oh yeah I was talking about dream shit with Mrs. Witchcraft because of this thread and she mentioned some really fucked up vivid/hilarious/terrifying dreams she had while pregnant. I will try to get some more details and write them up for this thread. One involved a shapeshifting doppleganger of me, she found out it wasn't the real me when I walked in from another room and the thing flipped out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 11:00:22 am »
+2
Alright, as promised, here is the tale of my trilogy of dreams.

Over the course of roughly 2 years, starting when I was ~6, I had three somewhat memorable dreams. Unlike my dino-dream, these were a lot harder to recollect what exactly happened as soon as I awoke. The weird thing here is that these three dreams were all connected, they formed a 3-part story. They were even all had the same style (more on that later). Each "sequel dream" would begin where the last one left off. The strange thing was that while many months passed in between each dream, and as I already mentioned they really weren't easy to remember, whenever I was dreaming one of the two sequels, I recalled everything that happened in the previous one or two perfectly. It was a pretty strange deal, and I wish I had more of these over the years, preferably ones that were  easy to remember after waking up. Instead of waking up with a cool little short story like what most dreams leave you with, the combined total of these told a tale at least as long as your average 90 minute movie. Yet they were structured so that each one stood on its own, and there were even cliff hangers and stuff in between them. Basically, my subconscious got bored and created its own Star Wars.

Right, so as I mentioned earlier, unlike every other dream I've ever had, these were stylized. What I mean here is that the visuals were not at all realistic. Most notably, all people/creatures encountered were made of geometric shapes. Think minecraft, but instead of people having cubes for heads and rectangles for appendages, they would be made of shapes a little more hi-res. So for instance, peoples' heads might have a shape similar to:

(click to show/hide)

Or if you've ever seen what the warband hitboxes look like, that would give you a pretty decent idea of how everyone appeared in this series of dreams. The average human in my dreams was a little more realistically proportioned than these though... people had necks with heads that resembled an egg or slightly-misshapen sphere if anything, etc. They also appeared more similar to the reworked hitbox since people's torsos had a fairly realistic shape as well.

(click to show/hide)

Same thing with buildings and scenery. Things were blocky with relatively rough edges. Basically, I was walking around in a late 90s/early 2000s videogame. Most places visited on the journey even had a decent amount of fog, similar to how videogames had limited draw distances. That was more so by coincidence, I would say, rather than my mind trying to recreate a videogame... but then again what do I know, I didn't exactly consciously create these dreams. The reason why I say that the fog was probably a coincidence was that it set the mood of the whole series, dark and gloomy. It kept things tense. Unfortunately, I don't recall much of what actually happened in these dreams, but the gist is as follows:

Me and my immediate family (mom, dad, and older brother) were in some sort of alternate universe where space travel was the norm. People commonly owned spaceships instead of houses, and would commonly travel from planet to planet and simply live out of their ship. Basically, ships were really really cool RVs. Not everyone did this, as we met many locals of various planets on our journeys. Usually they were people who were poor and worked the land like a typical medieval serf. Now it wasn't like my family was suddenly transported to this alternate universe, we were very much at home here and this was all very normal for us. Now, unlike Star Wars or Star Trek, space travel was very limited in these dreams. You could only travel within the solar system. However, luckily for us in whatever system we were in every planet had a breathable atmosphere and you never needed any sort of spacesuit to walk around. This was probably done for similar reasons that SW did it... makes it a lot easier to recognize main characters if they aren't all in identical outfits.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 12:13:01 pm »
+2
When I was quite young (like 10 years old I imagine), I've had quite a lot of dreams.
One of them was:
My older brother is hit by a car, I drag him away from the road and he gets well. Then I see two old men fighting each other, and the way they fought was they've been slapping each other with loaves of bread. I came closer and kicked one of them, the hit made him fly away in the air.
The end.

Oh, and also I used to talk or even walk sometimes in my sleep in childhood. The same brother once told me he saw me once get up at night and try to put my coverlet to the trash bin, apparently I felt too hot or something.  :D

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »
+1
Do you ever feel like you've seen something or someone has said something and you get a feeling of Deja Vu. When I was a kid I used to think that my dreams could 'predict' things, where I would have seen something in my dream and then IRL something similar would happen. Over the years this kinda stopped until about a month ago where I was having a house party and someone said something causing me to turn around. Everything, every detail, every position of every item possible (including specific brand names) was in the exact same place that I had dreamed a while ago, it was like a trigger, I suddenly remembered that I had seen this before but it was the first time i'd had that certain beer (good ol' bud light). Was weird but it didn't freak me out.

I've had other dreams where you actually think they were real - you are aware of all of your five senses and it feels real. So much so that you can remember every detail when you wake up, (although you're meant to forget your dreams) and all of these have included the same person/group of people and have all changed scenery depending on where I live and my age. Each time the main person has been with me in every scenario in all the different locations i've been at, at the time. It's kinda like a continuation of something or a prediction of something that I don't have a clue what. Bit weird but if thats the woman that i'm meant to 'be with' then I wont mind at all haha.

As for sleep paralysis i've never had it, I tried it when drunk but I was too agitated to do it because the room was spinning haha, but upon googling it, there's some freaky fucking adaptations of what it's like, someones also made a game to recreate sleep paralysis as well haha.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:42:46 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 12:57:47 pm »
+1
When i was sleeping post surgery at the hospital some days ago i dreamt i was living in a big medieval/renaissance-esque city filled with life and run by 3 tyrants and 1 of them always had a mask/helmet on and they were always on horseback and then we citizens not part of the corrupt tyrannic regime gathered and sparked a riot and killed those 3 kings/tyrants and i was armed with double crossbows and necromancers/witches came to my aid when i was about to die from the sword slash of one of those kings near a small lake right outside the city and those witches came to my aid and shot some weird green magic dart to their foreheads and killed them and then the rest of the city's oppressed citizens helped with the revolt against the current regime and turned the city and kingdom into a nice and peaceful place to live.

Kinda fucked up dream i guess but could've sworn i've played a similar game or seen a similar movie or if not then my imagination knows no bounds lol.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 12:29:33 am »
+2
i dreamed that i had a gf
woke up and had none

;_;

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:26 am »
+1
Another dream I had when I was sixteen was a sex dream. Me and this hot blond girl were getting it on (on my parents bed weirdly enough...maybe because i was still sleeping on a bunk bed at the time.) but by the

time I went to put it in is when things got weird and frustrating. Every time I went to put it in the girl would go flying off my dick until she slammed into a wall or the ceiling. we were both exceptionally frustrated

because of how horny we were. Eventually I had the great idea to handcuff her to the bed and try doing it like that but when I stuck it in she flew off my dick, out of the cuffs and starting bouncing off all of the

walls. I just sat there and said "what the actual fuck" before waking up.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 03:30:46 am »
Y'all fucked up. I only have adventure dreams where I kill tons of people.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 03:52:39 am »
+1
Once I dreamt that a few people from school and myself were executed in my grandmother's back yard by Woody Harrelson.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 03:54:14 am »

I tend to die a lot in dreams, quite the opposite.

So, who is the psychopath deep inside?  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 04:28:45 am »
I tend to die a lot in dreams, quite the opposite.

So, who is the psychopath deep inside?  :mrgreen:
Hey, probably me, but my dreams are fun. I haven't had nightmares since childhood; they stopped at about the same time when I grew up enough to not have to be afraid of anyone. Ax-murderer dreams don't turn into nightmares if instead of running away in panic you face them. Logic is hard while dreaming, of course, so it'll need to be a part of your psyche. But while I have some seriously cool dreams nowadays, it sucks without an alarm bell. Can sleep for like 14 hours because I just want to continue "watching" the dream.

Even some of my bad "non-physical threat" nightmares stopped after childhood. Those were the worst, I knew where I was but everything hard was soft (but not), cold was hot (but not), near was far (but not). It was surreal, like half dreaming and half awake, everything was fucked up for some indescribable reason.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 04:25:04 pm »
+1

Hey, probably me, but my dreams are fun. I haven't had nightmares since childhood; they stopped at about the same time when I grew up enough to not have to be afraid of anyone.

wat

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »
wat

Is it surprising to you that once you're not afraid in your waking life, nightmares stop?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 07:44:01 pm »
Must be his winning personality  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 08:22:59 pm »
Is it surprising to you that once you're not afraid in your waking life, nightmares stop?

I only have adventure dreams where I kill tons of people.

If I had recurring dreams where I murder people I would be afraid in my waking life. Are they like Grand Theft Auto or action movies or snuff films or what? WITCHCRAFT wants to know what is inside that head of yours, Xant.  :wink: