Poll

How do you feel about the new 2h stab animation?

Keep it
Revert it
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.  (Read 26539 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.
« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »
So on the one hand it's just as abusable, and on the other hand it's shit and doesn't look realistic.

Whilst other people posting here that want to revert it are saying the opposite that it looks better but that it's underpowered.

OH COMON! If you're going to complain about the new animation at least be consistent. If 1/2 the community likes it, 1/4 feels like it looks better but is too weak, 1/4 feels like it's just as strong but looks bad, ofc they're going to go with what the majority think since your camp has totally opposite reasoning. Guess the poll needs more options.

Stop being such a fanboy and face the fact that your post has contradicted pretty much everyone else that is actually on your side in this thread, you couldn't harm the credibility of their argument more if you tried. In your post you say that old animation was fine cos pole stab and 1h stab are strong too, but in the same post you say that new 2h is still strong and abusable, so I guess it's all fine. Your internal logic is baffling, but i'm glad it concludes that the current animation is fine.
It is baffling because you still think that I want old animation back.

I will list you my complains about that animation then
looks wierd is some positions
glance a lot without spin
it is shorter
position of weapon is bit wierd and for sure unrealistic(main reason why animation was changed)

I think that is someone wants to mess with animations he have to do it right and I think that there is plenty of room for imrovment in that case.
Also ne animation is a bit difrent that old one but it is enough to throw balance around.

In my opinion 2h have by far worse stab animation in game and lowest dmg output on it.
If I sum it up with overhead that sometimes work somtimes not and lack of proper nuge I can say that 2h is really boring clas to play nowdays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Richter

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Richter, the pikeman.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richter
  • IRC nick: Rallix
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »
+2
However to step back from my inflammatory language for one very brief moment, if you read the past few page you see "item balancer" "item designer" etc titles on a whole bunch of people, along with many experienced veteran players, who were all trying to calmy, inoffensively, but assertively explain to Senni_Ti that it is nothing personal, but the animation is garbage and completely ruins the class and no one actually enjoys its aesthetics function or form.
No one being the half of the community which voted "keep it" in the poll, leading by one percent.
Including me.
Because we have a different opinion than you, we must not exist or have any say in the matter.

From my experience, yes I do enjoy the aesthetics, function, and form of the animation.

This sums it up quite good. I also believe that the old stab was there for a reason and I'm sure that you, Senni, aren't the only one that has made this kind of animation that starts from the hips. Taleworlds must've tried dozens of animations and the decision to stay with the one that starts from the head-level must've been the result of countless test animations with different positions.
Funny, I don't ever remember seeing new or modified versions of the 2H stab during the beta.
As I said, it remained unchanged, to my knowledge, through the whole development of Warband. There was no indication of any development at all. If they did mod it, they never gave it to the players to test.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:30:43 pm by Richter »
Indeed.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »
No one being the half of the community which voted "keep it" in the poll, leading by one percent.
Including me.
Bbecause we have a different opinion than you, we must not exist or have any say in the matter.

From my experience, yes I do enjoy the aesthetics, function, and form of the animation.
Funny, I don't ever remember seeing new or modified versions of the 2H stab during the beta.
As I said, it remained unchanged, to my knowledge, through the whole development of Warband. There was no indication of any development at all. If they did mod it, they never gave it to the players to test.

ur fucking text under your avatar is "the pikeman" lmao

these are the kind of people saying the 2hand stab is better now, that much should be obvious
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Richter

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Richter, the pikeman.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richter
  • IRC nick: Rallix
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2015, 05:27:27 pm »
ur fucking text under your avatar is "the pikeman" lmao

these are the kind of people saying the 2hand stab is better now, that much should be obvious
Real mature. Yeah my main is a pikeman. Obviously that means I am pining for weaker twohander opponents.  :wink:

I also like to run a two-hander, which my stf(Beornhelm) currently is. I'd say he's got a pretty effective build, and when I'm using him right I'm usually at the top of the scoreboard. The things I can do with a Danish Bastard are pretty cool.
Indeed.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2015, 05:50:26 pm »
The people who played Warband since Beta and noticed the old 2h animation is the one that was never improved since earliest version?

Noone cares how much you believe something, you might REALLY like the republicans you still only get one vote. You may personally think your vote counts for more cos you REALLY dislike the change, it doesn't. You may think Richter's opinion counts for less because he plays a certain class, it doesn't.

BLACK TWO-HANDER
LIVES
MATTER
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2015, 08:53:47 pm »
hers the thing.

"I'm sure that you, Senni, aren't the only one that has made this kind of animation that starts from the hips. Taleworlds must've tried dozens of animations and the decision to stay with the one that starts from the head-level must've been the result of countless test animations with different positions."

when will u useless crpg fucks learn...u arn NOT the masterrace...lol, u guys seriously crack me up soo much, u think that after adding persistent lvling and a few tweaks...that u can ACTUALLY MAKE A BETTER WARBAND THEN TALEWORLDS?!?!?

get this through your fucking heads, crpg is and will always be far FAR inferior to native, native was built by medieval ENTHUSIASTS, not lame ass lazy fucking trolls.

idk how long senni worked on it...i dont CARE, cuz it doesnt come CLOSe to the passion and hardwork of taleworlds...everything u guys have...all the fun times u have had, ARE BECAUSE OF TALEWORLDS...u can add persistent lvling, u can add some more armors...

but the moment u dumbfucks get it in your head that u can build a better version, with better animations, fucking plz. DROP DEAD.

if this was native with native mechanics, and all that was changed or added was lvling and some extra gear, CRPG WOULD BE AMAZING

is soo shit nowadays, cuz u delusional fucks somehow thought u could do better...AND FUCKED EVERYTHING UP

and now they are moving onto building their own game, prob thinking it was gonna be a lot easier than its currently going.

and that game...is prob gonna suck ASS, especially compared to warband.

taleworld>donkeys
native>crpg
old crpg with native mechanics>new crpg with bullshit lame ass half tested garbage mechanics.

revert the fucking game and stop thinking u can make it better in anyway...especially animations. crpg animations are fucking GARBAGE.
and crpg dev\modders are TERRIBLE, fucking pathetically bad.

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2015, 09:10:03 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Cant tell if serious, or just trolling..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #322 on: July 10, 2015, 10:29:18 pm »
+1
Cant tell if serious, or just trolling..

It's a plumbo rant, we just ignore it and move on with the conversation.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2015, 11:50:00 pm »
+1
This sums it up quite good. I also believe that the old stab was there for a reason and I'm sure that you, Senni, aren't the only one that has made this kind of animation that starts from the hips. Taleworlds must've tried dozens of animations and the decision to stay with the one that starts from the head-level must've been the result of countless test animations with different positions.

They didn't test any others in the beta, though there is one floating around in human_anim (it's half finished and pretty robot-like).

Also, I'll say this again, hopefully more clearly this time:

It's not up to me (solely) on whether this is kept or removed, there is a poll in the balance forum on whether to keep or revert.
Currently it's in favour of keeping, with none for revert.

If it had been the other way around or if this poll was obviously for reverting, it would have already been reverted.

I do appreciate the feedback on the other hand, I'll have a look at using an 'Ochs' style stance for visual clarity.

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2015, 12:33:52 am »
+1
trial by combat

new stab my old friends vs old stab my old friends

lets finish this

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2015, 12:58:29 am »
+4
Played a bit of EU1 today, and i take everything back.

Clearly 2h is gimped and UNPLAYABLE now, i didnt see a single player using a 2h weapon, i didnt see anyone topping with 2h, i didnt see small bannerstacks of pros all using 2h as their weapon of choice and i didnt see people dismount cav with the 2h stab and then kill the rider as he lay sprawled on the ground with another 2h stab.

Everyone on the server was constantly saying 'I hate this game because of the change to 2h stab' and nobody at all was having any fun of any kind, because they were all thinking about how 2h stab was different.

The server wasnt well populated, EU1 was not populated by both EU and NA players as a result of NA servers going down, and i certainly didnt have a good time. I will not be seeing everyone on again tomorrow night at roughly the same time.

No one is saying 2h is now COMPLETELY USELESS because of the new stab, it's just the stab itself that's been gimped - and many 2h players are simply avoiding stabbing, or attempting to, but failing miserably since it sucks. Your gross overexagerrations are funny, but not relevant.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2015, 02:09:05 am »
+1
It's a plumbo rant, we just ignore it and move on with the conversation.

SHUTUP!

ya fuckin pigeon.

uhh, most of that was pretty serious ya, meh, thats just me on lunch man, it can be a bad time, lunch time, im all like "WTF R U LOOKING AT? U WAN GO!" and after work im all like, "ICE CREAM, IS ON ME!"

idk where im going with this haha im pretty stoned...but ya i still stand by my..uhh, horrible words. i think talewords spent a great deal of time getting things right so fighting felt smooth and realistic...

i dont even like the look of the new stab and tbh, changing it to be...more realistic, when it has a much less realistic feel...i felt i could move forward and poke at a guy much more realistically back then. the new stab "feels" very video gamey

the feel of the combat breaks up with the new stab, i didnt abuse turning into my stabs that much with the old stab, i moved forward and stabbed right at the guy, ya i would glance more then if i swerved off to the side and curved my stab into my opponent, but that was always something that i didnt agree with about crpg and felt lame compared to native...the new stab feels like i have to curve it, or it doesnt glance, it gets stuck and does no dmg therefore allowing them to swing back instead of blocking my next incoming attack.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2015, 02:28:41 am »
+4

They didn't test any others in the beta, though there is one floating around in human_anim (it's half finished and pretty robot-like).

Also, I'll say this again, hopefully more clearly this time:

It's not up to me (solely) on whether this is kept or removed, there is a poll in the balance forum on whether to keep or revert.
Currently it's in favour of keeping, with none for revert.

If it had been the other way around or if this poll was obviously for reverting, it would have already been reverted.

I do appreciate the feedback on the other hand, I'll have a look at using an 'Ochs' style stance for visual clarity.

So the item balancers' votes are the ones that count, not the rest of the community's who are the ones that are testing this everyday by playing the game?

There are atm 2 votes more in favor to keeping it so the poll is basically even. How I see this, is that the change has just made 150 or so players more or less angry/frustrated whereas I believe that the ones that voted yes arent extremely reliefed or anything (except enjoying 2h tears) since no one really asked for the animation to be changed.

What I'm saying is that the excitement from the new stab doesn't really overcome the negative feelings that it has brought to half of the voters.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:25 am »

(click to show/hide)

You might wish it, until you consider the possibility that I will also be able to do it.

Oh sweet bliss

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2015, 02:48:20 am »
+1
Theres a tweak in the hitboxes coming out soon (I don't think it was included in the revert patch, I think it was literally just reverts).
Nope.
I made the animation because I thought the old one was unrealistic and looked bad. (it was one of the few animations left over from before taleworlds used mocap)
So I learnt how to animate and went through many versions, poked Tydeus many times and finally presented it to the community in a suggestion thread.

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it. (The animation not the implementation)

Yeah it's not how I pictured it.
There is two main parts to animations in warband, the animation itself and the implementation (Module system).
Basically I had to guess what frames to use where in the module system (hard to test), guessed wrong.
There wasn't enough frames towards on and after full extension, in the 'attacking' phase. With sweetspots peaking at roughly 60% of the 'attacking' phase, and dropping off at the beginning and end => bouncing way too easily.

This has all been changed, it should now hit more solidly at the end of the stab.
Also I've made it look better in transition (feinting is better).

It's not in yet as the revert took priority (autobalance bugs etc), when next patch rolls around it should be in.

Why not just change all animations in the game? Why not change all the models? Why not change all the textures? Why not change all the sounds ( wait we already fucking did that right).

People started playing crpg for a reason, that reason is almost gone now due to constant unwarranted changing of core game mechanics.
Fucking up siege with ballistaes and conquest was a crippling blow in itself, but all the warping of how combat works has totally wrecked everything.

Rollback last 3 years,  do it now.