Author Topic: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years  (Read 16494 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »
+1
Yeah I know, I still feel smaller when the scale shows 2 kg less.  :mrgreen:

ah dem feels ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
Yeah I call that a load of crap. Can't say for army but no sport is going to (or should) force you to fix up your physical condition before you even start doing the actual sport, unless you're fucking 90 years old, a literal land whale or I donno, in a wheelchair. You won't see a young man being put to condition training for weeks/months before doing the sport, the condition comes with the sport, not before it.
It also depends on the place too.

The bad ones try to cultivate a bad ass image because, after all, we're doing fucking MMA here, we're bad motherfuckers, so the instructors will work everyone to exhaustion before any real practice begins. It's a weird macho culture but I think it's becoming less prevalent now. BJJ places are usually more relaxed, too. It's still one of the most annoying things and a deal breaker for me when I go to a new place, it makes zero sense to exhaust people every time before having them do technique -- and I'd rather work pads or spar to improve cardio than run around and do push ups, I can do that shit at home.

You get less McDojos with full contact martial arts but there are still good and bad gyms.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2016, 08:31:42 pm »
Doing heavy lifting all day at work, also alot of walking/running :D
Keeps me fit enough, never saw the purpose of a gym, way too boring.
I do a few sit ups n stuff every evening before going to sleep tho, just because it's easier to fall asleep after.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2016, 04:06:07 am »
Are we gonna get some workout videos from this community in here, or what?  :lol:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2016, 05:22:59 pm »
+2
Get a doorway or wall-mounted pull-up bar and do like a 5 set routine of either chin-ups, pull-ups or both, would not do it every day immediately, begin at like three times a week. Pull ups are a pretty fun exercise and will build some sweet t-shirt muscles like lats and some biceps. This should get you out of laughably skin mode through some sweet beginner gains.

There are so many dumb useless "As Seen On TV!" exercise aids you can pick up for $30, but the pullup bar is legit. It's one of the most intense bodyweight exercises you can do. Great choice if you're working out at home. If you're just starting and can't manage to do them with good form, try just holding yourself up suspended for 5-10 seconds, as if you're about to do a pull-up. Repeat until exhausted, and eventually you'll have the strength to do a couple pull-ups or chin-ups.

I want to get an army surplus canvas bag and fill it with 200ish lbs of big rocks when I go the beach. Then I'll have something to do leg exercises with, for very cheap. My Significant Other thinks this is dumb as hell. I'm gonna do it anyway  :twisted:

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2016, 08:46:39 am »
I want to get an army surplus canvas bag and fill it with 200ish lbs of big rocks when I go the beach. Then I'll have something to do leg exercises with, for very cheap. My Significant Other thinks this is dumb as hell. I'm gonna do it anyway  :twisted:

fill er up with sand or pebbles,  you can more comfortably do all sorts of shit with her then!  used it for half a year when my gym closed at some point, freakishly fun for me to do and my neighbours to watch haha.

also:  motivation helps!  I reeealy love running the ultimate fighter while doing my home workouts!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2501
  • Infamy: 2199
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2016, 04:51:14 pm »
Doing heavy lifting all day at work, also alot of walking/running :D
Keeps me fit enough, never saw the purpose of a gym, way too boring.

That's very interesting. Some people claim walking and running is a bore, others say same thing about gym. I'm in second group like you, gym is incredibly boring. Other people being there don't help because I'm not the type to shut down myself into my own thing and ignore what is happening around me. Never tried to practice in my own gym because I don't have one, but guess that would be even worse.

Something about sitting or standing still during the so called exercise annoys me. Used to go to the gym when my friend went with me. Training alone in the gym is painful experience.

Wish we were living in proper communism where gym would be replace with chopping wood or doing other sort of physical work outside that actually achieves something in the end and is less boring.

Walking and hiking... I'm kinda running out of new routes. Old ones are already boring. Will need to move somewhere else soon :mrgreen:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2016, 11:40:38 pm »
+1
That's very interesting. Some people claim walking and running is a bore, others say same thing about gym. I'm in second group like you, gym is incredibly boring. Other people being there don't help because I'm not the type to shut down myself into my own thing and ignore what is happening around me. Never tried to practice in my own gym because I don't have one, but guess that would be even worse.

Something about sitting or standing still during the so called exercise annoys me. Used to go to the gym when my friend went with me. Training alone in the gym is painful experience.

Wish we were living in proper communism where gym would be replace with chopping wood or doing other sort of physical work outside that actually achieves something in the end and is less boring.

Walking and hiking... I'm kinda running out of new routes. Old ones are already boring. Will need to move somewhere else soon :mrgreen:

Buy some earbuds and plug them inside your phone and play some podcasts or some music.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2016, 11:44:47 pm »

Capoeira?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2016, 12:44:36 am »
+1

Well, that is your opinion, nothing more. For me there is nothing better than working out in the gym. Seriously, nothing. I look forward to every single workout, and I am in the gym at least 4 times a week, often more. I'd like to be every day, but work and other private life (family, girlfriend) need their share of time too, so it's only 4-5 times most weeks   :P