Author Topic: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years  (Read 16491 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2016, 07:57:46 pm »
+1
Yeah ... forgive me, I'm ill and feel like I was hit by a truck, seems I shouldn't be writing here, my eyes hurt anyway.

chill its all good :D  gute besserung!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2016, 08:00:29 pm »
Danke !  :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2016, 08:40:13 pm »
+2
closer to home.

And I'd be interested in trying out one or more of those for fun, but don't want to disgrace myself *too* hard when i start. I don't mind disgracing myself in terms of technique, clumsiness and lack of experience cos that's just gonna happen when you're new, just as long as I'm not a sweaty wreck after 2 minutes.
That's what everyone talking about starting a martial art says. They don't realize that 1) 95% of the people starting are going to be in just as bad a shape or worse than them,  2) cardio improves fast by just going to practice, and 3) good gyms start out slow and increase the pace as the beginner's course goes on.

The whole "I have to get in shape before I start a martial art" is so backwards. It's like saying "I have to get in shape before I can get in shape." Just do it.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »
The whole "I have to get in shape before I start a martial art" is so backwards. It's like saying "I have to get in shape before I can get in shape." Just do it.

True, except for when you go to a swimming hall. landwhales should stay on land, hehe
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2040
  • Infamy: 553
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2016, 11:29:15 pm »
+2
Technique lol

What makes you think you'll be doing any technique trainings first? Moment they see you, they'll notice your current physical condition. Then they'll force you to run and do physical exercise until you can do rest of the training. At least that's how it went in every sport I've ever trained. That's how they do it in the army too, but they also try to break your spirit so they can mold you in their own ways. Just look what they did to Xant...

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2016, 12:36:03 am »

Mmm, breaking people's spirit to mold them in your own ways sounds like a great way to encourage new people to pay more money and sign up for your recreational sessions at the gym. It's the perfect system!

I'll report back with a rating between 1-10 of how broken my spirit feels after the first session.

So what course are you going to take?.. I vote boxing, or jiu jitsu as second best. Though you will probably have to touch other people a lot in Jiu Jitsu, get ballsacks in you face and such... Never done any group sport myself, so my opinion is not much worth :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2016, 03:01:35 am »
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practice is usually a lot of cardio but it's fun shit. Right up their with DDR/Stepmania.

I mean yeah you could just run or bike or jump rope but they get monotonous real fast.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:03 am »
dude youll have a blast, gfu : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2016, 10:04:59 am »
+1
Technique lol

What makes you think you'll be doing any technique trainings first? Moment they see you, they'll notice your current physical condition. Then they'll force you to run and do physical exercise until you can do rest of the training. At least that's how it went in every sport I've ever trained. That's how they do it in the army too, but they also try to break your spirit so they can mold you in their own ways. Just look what they did to Xant...

Yeah I call that a load of crap. Can't say for army but no sport is going to (or should) force you to fix up your physical condition before you even start doing the actual sport, unless you're fucking 90 years old, a literal land whale or I donno, in a wheelchair. You won't see a young man being put to condition training for weeks/months before doing the sport, the condition comes with the sport, not before it.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2016, 10:32:58 am »
what's a good daily (morning) training just to maintain some kinda muscle (currently skelly-mode)?
Taking into consideration that I smoke alot :/
Get a doorway or wall-mounted pull-up bar and do like a 5 set routine of either chin-ups, pull-ups or both, would not do it every day immediately, begin at like three times a week. Pull ups are a pretty fun exercise and will build some sweet t-shirt muscles like lats and some biceps. This should get you out of laughably skin mode through some sweet beginner gains.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2016, 10:49:29 am »
+3
Get a doorway or wall-mounted pull-up bar and do like a 5 set routine of either chin-ups, pull-ups or both, would not do it every day immediately, begin at like three times a week. Pull ups are a pretty fun exercise and will build some sweet t-shirt muscles like lats and some biceps. This should get you out of laughably skin mode through some sweet beginner gains.

If he wants to get out of skelly mode he needs to eat tho. And not pussy ass eating, eat like man.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2016, 11:42:35 am »
If he wants to get out of skelly mode he needs to eat tho. And not pussy ass eating, eat like man.

Seriously, eating is the hardest part. I'm currently 93 kg at 183 cm height with slightly visible abs (so bodyfat is still okayish/not too high) and I have to force myself to eat every other day because I'm always full. Sometimes when I only have 4-5 meals a day for a week I'm already 2 kg lighter. Workout is fun and if anything I have to force myself to take a rest day.

I'm looking forward to my next cut, feeling hungry and only having to eat a restricted amount of food is great, at least for some weeks. Then you get that big hunger and appetite again and the cut starts to suck  :mrgreen:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2016, 11:50:19 am »
Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that? Eat like a pig, can't build a house if you haven't got any bricks.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2016, 11:55:19 am »
4-5 meals a day for a week I'm already 2 kg lighter

you will have a considerable less amount of water and poop in you, it aint all real body mass

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2016, 11:57:45 am »
you will have a considerable less amount of water and poop in you, it aint all real body mass

Yeah I know, I still feel smaller when the scale shows 2 kg less.  :mrgreen: