Author Topic: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years  (Read 16488 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: FITNESS THREAD - I went to the gym for the first time in 2 years
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2015, 02:41:13 pm »
I fucking hate gyms, and I'm not so interested in short-term effect chasing, but long-term healthy grow and real applicable strength. And as little side effects and long-term injuries as possible. 

So: working my way slowly through "convict conditioning" (one of the best systematic calisthenics courses around) with some flexibility/energy flow oriented stuff added that I borrowed from several Qi Gong / Yoga traditions. Works pretty well.

I am in my late 40s and feel better now than even at times where I was doing excessive mountain-biking and other sports in the past and was considered quite "fit".

Absolutely no need for supplements or other weird "substances" either.

Moderately healthy food - 60-80% raw food, some good beef and chicken and eggs, lots of nuts and almonds, and lots of sprouts (easy to make, and esp. beans and lentils are great for taste and protein, can eat them raw in salads, throw them in the blender, or fry them in a wok, all delicious). Sugar, wheat, bread, rice, pasta, pizza, oats,  etc. only on "pig days" once or twice a week.

And dogs and gardening for cardio... :)

Never thought about tossin' sprouts in the blender. I'll have to try that soon. I like growing mine from mung beans.

As far as feeling good, the best I ever felt was when I could just pedal my bike for hours and miles. 8PM to midnight or later. After the first 20 minutes or so I'm just in some kind of runner's high trance. Then when I get home it feels like I'm a balloon and my feet are just gonna drift up of the ground and stay in the air.

also im jelly bout your garden i only have a 2 meter square in my backyard with decent sunlight (lookin to move soon though so maybe i'll have the sprawling hippy garden of my dreams one day~~~)

tons of spinach

I ate a whole can of spinach straight out the can while cookin' up some eggs and chicken for dinner last night.

Mrs. Witchcraft called me many vile things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2015, 02:59:40 pm »
+1
Example:

How to annoy everyone at your local gym.

I ate a whole can of spinach straight out the can while cookin' up some eggs and chicken for dinner last night.

Mrs. Witchcraft called me many vile things.

'Popeye' wasn't among those?
And how!

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2015, 03:57:35 pm »
+1
okay now time for some serious shit.

if u wanna lose weight and you only do cardio you are a pusy because you will lose fat and muscles equally. you need to lift bruh for gains. here is my suggestion for endomorph fuggets. wake up in teh morning as always. get sum caffein, sum aminoacids, sum carnitine(idc if its liquid or pill but liquid is better imo bcause you drink that shit before 30-45 mins bfore workout/cardio and thats it. pills are more complicated.) go for a walk for 1 hour. return home eat sum clean shit and wait for gym. when u go to gym do your regular workout(dont be a pusy) after dat get on the treadmill boi shits bout to begin. I FUKEN SUGGEST H.I.I.T.(High fucking intensity interval god damn training bruh for real) do 5 sets of hiit and you are done boi. if u eat clean and do dis shit u gon have chiseled abs 4 real bro. and guna say 1 more sheit more muscles= more calories burnt while doing shit. so if you are a weak pusy dont even try to do cardio m8 u gon be skinnyfat 4real. get sum muscles first before u do cardio.

sori 4 bed inglesh

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1857
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »
+2
Wish I was nineteen once again, so that my only worries in life are gym, college and a girlfriend.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »
get sum muscles first before u do cardio.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 05:54:59 pm »
How to annoy everyone at your local gym.

No, no one has ever been annoyed by watching me do these workouts. People that notice come up to me all time and ask about the work out, including the roiders.

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2015, 07:11:19 pm »
+1
Lunch is chicken thighs, spinach, and peanut butter. I slapped it all in a skillet with masala and hot pepper flakes.

Shit is like chicken satay and palak paneer had a baby. iIt's soo hearty and satisfying.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2015, 07:12:56 pm »
my 5 day routinte, takes me an hour and a half before work mon-fri including showering and changing

monday- chest: chestpress, incline chestpress, flys, incline flys, pec deck
tuesday- back: lat pull down 3sets front 3 sets back, bent rows, dead lifts
wednesday- arm/legs: squats, inclined leg press , calf extentions, some other silly leg machines they have. i do 9 sets on arms, the first 6 are a "super set" so after as soon as i finish the set i grab 2 10kg dumbells and do anoter 10/12 reps. the last 3 sets are with the "curl bar"
thursday- traps/triceps: shoulder shrugs 3 sets in front 3 sets behind, upright rows, dips, seated dip, cable tricep extentions, dumbel tricep extention
friday- shoulders: shoulder press, front dumbel raise, side dumbel raise, shouder press on the machine

its a good routine a different body part hurts every day, i try to mix it up and do differnt things every week, i rotate weekly between dumbells and bar on things like chest press, shoulder press and shrugs. any cardio i do is after work, but thats pretty rare atm. i do love lifting though

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »
+1
My parents invited us over for a big family dinner yesterday. Spaghetti and meatballs with italian bread that came out of the oven 2 hours before dinner.

I ate the carbs guys. I ate ALL THE CARBS. ALL OF THEM  :cry:'

it was delicious

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:32 pm »
+1
My parents invited us over for a big family dinner yesterday. Spaghetti and meatballs with italian bread that came out of the oven 2 hours before dinner.

I ate the carbs guys. I ate ALL THE CARBS. ALL OF THEM  :cry:'

it was delicious

Carbs aren't bad, TOO MANY OF THEM are  :mrgreen:

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2015, 10:45:32 pm »
+1
Try high intensity body weight workouts with some running/sprinting(this isn't crossfit!) Has low impact on the body, burns fat quick, adds muscle, good cardio,  and the work outs are around 60 minutes(stretch/warm up for 20-30 minutes).
(click to show/hide)

How I imagine this looking at the gym:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=708552902516779

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2015, 02:25:31 am »
+1

That actually seems like an effective exercise.  :rolleyes:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:15 pm »
+1

Yeah, if you have no idea what you're doing than yeah, you'll look like that dummy.

Here are some videos:

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 02:12:39 am »
+5

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:22:41 am by WITCHCRAFT »

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 02:36:12 am »
Another no recent news on the game thread, I love these