Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26406 times)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2015, 12:50:33 am »
+2
I have two ideas for the next update:

1: Script the spawn entry point to add a radius who incapacitate the ennemy to make a couch lance (no more couch abuse on spawn).

2: Make that when you put an Xbow on your back, she was instantly unloaded (it's stupid to have an Xbow loaded on your back because there is nothing to maintain the bolt on it when she was verticaly)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:54:13 am by matt2507 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:19 am »
I have two ideas for the next update:

1: Script the spawn entry point to add a radius who incapacitate the ennemy to make a couch lance (no more couch on spawn).

2: Make than when you put an Xbow on your back, she was instantly unloaded (it's stupid to have an Xbow loaded on back because there is nothing to maintain the bolt on it when she was verticaly)

1 : amazing idea !!!

2 : xbow loaded on back is not realistic aka jump shot =p

would be nice to script something to foce you to wear only 1 xbow
same to force max 2 quiver instead play with slots since so long time in crpg ...

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2015, 01:18:56 am »
+2
I think I can increase a global multiplier. There is also a cap on how much XP you can gain from 1 round, so I can increase that a bit as well.

Yea, increasing the multiplier only makes sense after increasing the cap. Would be great if you could implement this :wink:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2015, 07:09:28 am »
im gonna be the first to abuse of 2xbow on horseback i promess

You used to be able to have 3x light crossbow and 1x bolts on horseback for triple-shot shenanigans. It was funny but not as effective as it sounds. Reloading 3 xbows in a row on horseback takes a LOOOONG time.

At that time you could also "shotgun" as footman crossbow with 3x normal crossbow and 1x bolts. That was actually effective with high WPF.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:53 am »
+3
2: Make that when you put an Xbow on your back, she was instantly unloaded (it's stupid to have an Xbow loaded on your back because there is nothing to maintain the bolt on it when she was verticaly)

true, but you can still have a tensed xbow on your back. I wonder if you can split the reloading procedure into 2 parts, tensing the xbow and adding a bolt to it...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 1006
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2015, 03:01:24 pm »
Besides, I'm curious how much of a damage boost archery will end up with. Officer M is 30/12 with full IF in Fat Plate and never could tank more than 5-6 arrows, sometimes only 4. So yea, maybe that explains why I think it to be plain stupid to buff archery.

Really? I'm 36/9 with 11 IF and can tank many, many arrows unless archer I'm facing has 10 PD or something crazy like that. Have 38 body armor.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »
+1
BoE mod had an interesting solution to this for multiplayer. Each item was not just 1, 2 or 3 slots, each item took a *specific* slot, such as 'Back', 'Left Hip', 'Right Hip'. This meant you could not have 2 weapons that used the back slot, or 2 on left hip slot etc. It prevented people from having more than 1 loaded musket or pistol at the same time.

This is exactly what we need !

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »
+2
would be nice to script something to foce you to wear only 1 xbow
same to force max 2 quiver instead play with slots since so long time in crpg ...

I still dont see how multiple xbows are going to be a problem. I dont see how xbows are a problem at all, but seems like there are a lot of nerfs being called for in this thread. Imo i think xbow is worse than archery even.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2015, 09:59:31 pm »
+5
So close to getting the 2h stab anim finished. (I did finish it, but blender fucks up on exporting  :rolleyes:)

Can't promise it won't be OP though.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
I'd like some fancy stuff, too, but I am pretty newb at the module. Xbow seems a little UP as just ranged since they didn't directly improve from the level change, but seem better to hybrid with it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1705
  • Infamy: 1847
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2015, 12:46:50 am »
+1
Yeah, it's better for hybrids. Although as ranged option kinda sucks. You really should rethink HA buff imo. Better buff foot ranged (xbow and archery), less people will cry about it no matter how much you buff it. There is only one guy on EU side playing HA and I can sense the hatred other players feel towards him even though he doesn't deal much damage.

Archers can "fix" damage issues by going STR archery which isn't too bad ranged wise, but it is suicide when it comes to melee. Xbowmen can't do that because their damage isn't affected by any skill.

For me it's perfectly normal that shieldless footmen should fear xbows. Right now that isn't the case.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2015, 01:18:02 am »
+2
The only HA changes are the 15 damage cap removal and faster movement when using a melee weapon, along with the global ranged changes such as better headshots. They'll be much better against low armor guys again who typically consist of ranged or high agi users.

I think with xbow's low requirement, the global changes are good enough to leave xbows in a good position. You can easily make an 18-27 build with decent melee proficiency and the wpf penalty from weight was decreased for xbows, while pure xbows benefit from increased headshot and body damage.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 955
  • Infamy: 450
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »
The only HA changes are the 15 damage cap removal

That is a huge change, isn't it?

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2015, 04:43:18 pm »
Remove Banner Balance, it's really anoying with barabe stack on Eu1  :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)
[/b]
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2015, 05:35:45 pm »
+4
Is there any change planned for Great lance (ab)users? Cav vs cav fights it has no counter. Yes, a Heavy Lance can outreach it, but as the damage is too low to kill the enemy horse even with full speed bonus, the result is your horse dead and the enemy nooblancer running away with full HP. It's also a guaranteed onehitter against pretty much any build and armor unless you get negative speed bonus. It has way too much killing power compared to the requirements and skill needed to use it and you often see average players topping the scoreboard with it. Lancing in general is a bit too strong as well which has lead to the death of 1H/2H cavalry.

Also is it possible to rethink the soak and reduce values so low damage hits would actually glance and not do 0.1% damage. For example a throwing knife will do nothing but scratch plate armor but will interrupt the attack and slow down movement. It's unrealistic, stupid and totally unnecessary.

Stop the ability to change weapons while nudging which causes half the attack animation to disappear. Highly abusable crap that most hoplites use when they switch to 1H weapon.

Stop daggers being used with shields. It just feels wrong to see these guys topping the scoreboard with such a troll build and it happens quite often. The speed of the 1H dagger stab is just too much for some of us to handle even when we see it coming.