Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 15206 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1182
  • Infamy: 1181
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:03 am »
Gameplay was much more enjoyable with this system, but it was changed because of archers complaining they were always too far from combat to get xp.

It was changed because devs wanted to change it. Don't fool yourself any change in this mod has been done because players asked so.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2271
  • Infamy: 2497
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:52 am »
Followed up by admin banning the guy for killing you. I heard that mod is shit because everything is enforced and ruled by admins so instead of making some sort of mechanic to make people not want to be a bandits they just ban them on the spot for trying.

So I heard. Maybe it's time to try it myself, to see if what I heard is correct.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2015, 12:12:06 am »
Don't fool yourself any change in this mod has been done because players asked so.

That's why archery and throwing got "tweaked" countess times, plus it's surely impossible to link the shitton of threads about ranged there are in balance discussion and the fact you always see the same people everytime asking for the same things to be done.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1895
  • Infamy: 2297
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2015, 12:17:35 am »
Those threads mean nothing, I'm author of 20% of bullshit written there. Weirdly, some of that crap served as inspiration for Tydeus. Devs won't make changes based on what random crybaby writes on forum. There's like 20 people who suggested things actively, when couple thousands played the mod.

Currently, archery and xbow is underpowered. But I don't see devs hurrying a patch to fix that. Even if nerf to ranged led to lower population.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2015, 12:25:18 am »
+2
These two make up my favorite memories of old c-rpg. Climbing on top of the tallest buildings I could. Jumping rooftop to rooftop with allies until we all slipped to our death. Wandering off to the edge of the map to explore the strange buildings that are flat and empty on the back like a Hollywood movie set.

Yeh, that's about it, really, in addition to proximity xp. The rest of cRPG classic can rest in it's grave, for all I care. Rose colored lenses &c.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2015, 02:54:40 am »
I vividly remember high armour being quite common among the high level players and old soak mechanics making it rather good. I remember this vividly because I had trouble damaging a lot of them with my first expensive weapon, the Long Hafted Blade.

Here, take a look at the state of the NA server in December 2010, same thing there.

That was a weak proof. Less than 20% of the server population wearing tincan armor isn't much (and some might debate whether trans armor counts as plate or not).

And tincan armor actually working how it's supposed to be working....uwotm8

So I heard. Maybe it's time to try it myself, to see if what I heard is correct.

Can we set-up a TS server, a date and time, then see who can get banned the fastest? Make it into a proper event.

I may suck at it here, but i used to be really good at being banned on Native (7-man Teamkilling spree on IG before admin could hit the ban button, last words i saw were '...wow' before blackness), maybe my skills will be transferable to PWmod.

You better join a faction ingame or be prepared to get anal raped. And never go outlaw unless with a group of friends or you will get halted by whole server as soon as they see you.

And find a peaceful faction with a good defensive position near resources where you can grind easy gold as a serf/villager.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:57:43 am by LordBerenger »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2015, 11:22:13 am »
Can we set-up a TS server, a date and time, then see who can get banned the fastest? Make it into a proper event.

I may suck at it here, but i used to be really good at being banned on Native (7-man Teamkilling spree on IG before admin could hit the ban button, last words i saw were '...wow' before blackness), maybe my skills will be transferable to PWmod.
lmao I remember rporting you on IG forum and your friend for some shit
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2015, 11:36:41 am »
Pff, it is easy to get banned from IG Battlegrounds.

I said once for fun that I am gay. What happens? Instant Ban! KInda weird how they always have their rules "no racism, sexism, xenophobia" and so on, but what about homophobia?^^
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2015, 11:39:45 am »
+2

I said once for fun that I am gay.
Wow, what wit!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2256
  • Infamy: 1523
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2015, 01:54:05 pm »

Don't like to teamkill people. Only reason why I started doing that in cRPG is because it is ran by my old friends, admined by my old friends and I can't stand the fact them having any (virtual or not) power over me so I provoke them as hard I can before they pull out their virtual cocks to 'punish' me. It all started with that Erzengel fellow actually.

So yeah, bad behavior is cRPG exclusive. Won't taunt people in other mods or Native, because I have no bloody reason to do so.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2015, 02:33:57 pm »
So the first thing you are set on doing in a new mod is to teamkill and get banned? And you are saying that the players of crpg has a bad mindset..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »
+2
But concepts of TKing wont be the same in PWmod right? All groups are in theory player-made, unless an oppressive admin decides that you cant do what you want and then the red mist descends.

Think of it this way, we'll be rising to take our rightful place at the top and *maybe* just maybe people will get irritated with us in the process. Sometimes folk just get mad around me and noone knows why xD. For example i just need to include the word '2hand' in a post and dat pussy warlord is guaranteed to downvote the post, dont think he even plays or posts here anymore, but he still prowls these halls looking for posts that diss 2hand to downvote. Reminds me of Chosen1 who still downvoted my every post for a week after he was permabanned and muted on my bait thread xD now that's dedication. They're like my apostles, they follow me everywhere and are eager to hear my every word :D

You are correct, it was all Drogbatime's fault for getting me in trouble, not my fault if i had mad TKing skills once he picked a fight with our whole team. He always avoided ban because he usually died in the process and looked like a victim.

Because every single of your posts is a guaranteed laugh, because, well, bullshit is funny, you know. You spend so much time writing bullshit in the forum while I play the game and have fun. Ye, mod will eventually finally die in a few months, so what? I still enjoy playing it, and when I'm dead ingame, I laugh about your posts and downvote them.

:)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:38:09 pm by WarLord »

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2015, 04:59:33 pm »
Here, I make a little list for you:

- I play str-based-builds (27/18 atm which I consider high agi; my favorite until now was 36/9 or 33/12 though)
- I play all kind of classes and I am equally good as 1h/shield, 1h, 1h cav, polearm and 2h
- I never voted for an agi-buff
- I never played an agi-build (except 21/24 for two few weeks after the "revival patch")
- I never really qq'ed much about ranged (not more than any other melee player at least)

So, tell me, whats all your rant about? I really can't link myself to your hatred towards agi and the 2h class.

Only thing I know is, that you are an very average player (if at all) who constantly rants about balance, 2h, agi, etc and so on, because you search for an excuse for being an if at all average player in this mod. You suck and you know it, and you desperately search for reasons why you are bad, and all you find is that

others have OP class
others have OP gear
others have OP ping
others have OP build

while the only thing that makes other players better than you is because they are better than you. Get over it  :wink:

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2015, 06:29:24 pm »
Here, I make a little list for you:

- I play str-based-builds (27/18 atm which I consider high agi; my favorite until now was 36/9 or 33/12 though)
- I play all kind of classes and I am equally good as 1h/shield, 1h, 1h cav, polearm and 2h
- I never voted for an agi-buff
- I never played an agi-build (except 21/24 for two few weeks after the "revival patch")
- I never really qq'ed much about ranged (not more than any other melee player at least)

So, tell me, whats all your rant about? I really can't link myself to your hatred towards agi and the 2h class.

Only thing I know is, that you are an very average player (if at all) who constantly rants about balance, 2h, agi, etc and so on, because you search for an excuse for being an if at all average player in this mod. You suck and you know it, and you desperately search for reasons why you are bad, and all you find is that

others have OP class
others have OP gear
others have OP ping
others have OP build

while the only thing that makes other players better than you is because they are better than you. Get over it  :wink:

hmm

HMMMM

so, u were high str, until agi patches...then you took more agi...like everyone else did....hmm, i think the hatred towards agi is justified.

See i am also someone who constantly bitches about balance and agi and 2h. thing is i top the board constantly...i cheat to do it too, moderate str, high agi, full plate, weapons like bec and longbard.

and yes, sometimes, i feel pretty cheap doing it, cuz it IS op as fuck...so why do i do it?

cuz : others have OP class
others have OP gear
others have OP ping
others have OP build

I used to be like Heskey when i first joined, just playing around for fun. Then i had enough of getting shit on by players "worse" than me. So i took what the heroes were using and voila, i was a hero too.

Only thing I know is, that you are an very average player (if at all)

You should be careful who you accuse of being shit, they may just snap one day, take your exact build and gear, and find that they outdo you with it.

Cuz lets face it, being great at crpg is not about being skilled at warband...its about picking a great build with gear to match. which is patch dependent, some of the builds i used to rape with, simply dont work now thats its a AGI ONLY mod.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:32:29 pm by StonedSteel »
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2015, 06:41:16 pm »
hmm

HMMMM

so, u were high str, until agi patches...then you took more agi...like everyone else did....hmm, i think the hatred towards agi is justified.

See i am also someone who constantly bitches about balance and agi and 2h. thing is i top the board constantly...i cheat to do it too, moderate str, high agi, full plate, weapons like bec and longbard.

and yes, sometimes, i feel pretty cheap doing it, cuz it IS op as fuck...so why do i do it?

cuz : others have OP class
others have OP gear
others have OP ping
others have OP build

I used to be like Heskey when i first joined, just playing around for fun. i had enough of getting shit on by players "worse" than me.

Only thing I know is, that you are an very average player (if at all)

You should be careful who you accuse of being shit, they may just snap one day, take your exact build and gear, and find that they outdo you with it.

Cuz lets face it, being great at crpg is not about being skilled at warband...its about picking a great build with gear to match. which is patch dependent, some of the builds i used to rape with, simply dont work now thats its a AGI ONLY mod.

Maybe you should learn to read, I tried 24 agi for a few weeks, thats all. It was shit and useless and I've gone back to str.
Good god, really, learn to read.
Whatever, I will stop here, Heskey got his longed for post(s) from me, maybe he can die happily now, I don't know.
One last thing: I enjoy the mod and still play it (even if I am not as good as I used to be 3 years ago). But if you hate it so much, please just stop bashing and ranting in the forum. It's wasted time and energy you could use elsewhere.