Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 15208 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2015, 04:34:20 pm »
I think they are capable of making a good game, but don't think they'll finish it in reasonable time frame. When they finally release the game, many things could change on the market.

I think it's fair to say warband has a fairly good stranglehold on the "niche" that mbg and bannerlord are trying to fill ..

.. i guess it will come down to how good bannerlord is, and whether it dominates the 2015/6 melee game market :)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2015, 04:56:32 pm »
I hope it does, there are so many great mods atm but only really the singleplayer ones are worth it because the population doesnt matter. The great multiplayer ones are mostly in decline/dead. I could probably play singleplayer mods in warband indefinately, but need bannerlord to revive the multiplayer mod scene.

Last i played them Napoleonic War and PWMod usually got about 100-200+ players on a serv on average during prime time hours.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2015, 06:06:50 pm »
When was it? And what is this Napoleonic War mod you speak of? I only know of the official DLC/standalone/whatever

I never tried PWMod, sounded laggy and since i even lag on other stuff where other people seem fine i never bothered. But might be worth a shot, thanks for the reminder.

My main point is the multiplayer modding scene isnt so vibrant, a new mulitplayer mod doesnt get much attention whilst old ones may retain a following of sorts, i expect and hope for this to change when Bannerlord comes out and new mods launch.

i expect there will be a furor of giddy modders when bonerlord is released ... warband is one of the most modded pc games of all time .. i can imagine people will be excited to have some fun with it :P

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »
+1
i expect there will be a furor of giddy modders when bonerlord is released ... warband is one of the most modded pc games of all time .. i can imagine people will be excited to have some fun with it :P

What if its unmoddable though? gg
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »
+1
They said that they use some other coding language thats easier to use for modders that python...
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »

definitely not unmoddable #insidesources

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2015, 09:04:16 pm »
Yay can't wait for the 100s of Game of Thrones mods huehuehue.........

This time hopefully someone makes a PWMod with guns and it gets popular (kinda like Frontier mod). Or a star wars MP mod that gets popular. Or a pirates mod.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
+2
Or a star wars MP mod that gets popular. Or a pirates mod.

RIP Bear force 2, epicest of mods. All it needed was some regular updatings.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2015, 09:58:30 pm »
RIP Bear force 2, epicest of mods. All it needed was some regular updatings.

And a better name for the mod. If they release it at the time of the next Star Wars movie they could get some extra attention from casuals possibly.

When was it? And what is this Napoleonic War mod you speak of? I only know of the official DLC/standalone/whatever

I never tried PWMod, sounded laggy and since i even lag on other stuff where other people seem fine i never bothered. But might be worth a shot, thanks for the reminder.

Not a mod but talking of the standalone DLC.

And PWMod is great if you can handle this.

*Heskey strolling peacefully around the beautiful lands of Calradia*
*Other player appears*
Other Player: ''HALT! GIVE MONEY OR DIE!''
Heskey: ''Wat? How do you give money?''
Other Player: 10...3....2...1
Heskey: ''WAIT!''
Other Player: ''DIE!''
*Heskey dies*

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »
+3
I miss the days of proximity xp. Where you had to be near people dying in order to get xp or gold. I remember flocks of peasants following around the top players, like Goretooth at the time, trying to level up when they go on one of their massive killstreak rampages.

Gameplay was much more enjoyable with this system, but it was changed because of archers complaining they were always too far from combat to get xp.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »
And PWMod is great if you can handle this.

*Heskey strolling peacefully around the beautiful lands of Calradia*
*Other player appears*
Other Player: ''HALT! GIVE MONEY OR DIE!''
Heskey: ''Wat? How do you give money?''
Other Player: 10...3....2...1
Heskey: ''WAIT!''
Other Player: ''DIE!''
*Heskey dies*

Followed up by admin banning the guy for killing you. I heard that mod is shit because everything is enforced and ruled by admins so instead of making some sort of mechanic to make people not want to be a bandits they just ban them on the spot for trying.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »
Followed up by admin banning the guy for killing you. I heard that mod is shit because everything is enforced and ruled by admins so instead of making some sort of mechanic to make people not want to be a bandits they just ban them on the spot for trying.

Nah. RDMing is bannable. You have to have a reason and can't just randoming. If you say halt and say show money and if they dont after a set amount of time or some other scenarios (war, someone stealing your horse) you may kill them.

I miss the days of proximity xp. Where you had to be near people dying in order to get xp or gold. I remember flocks of peasants following around the top players, like Goretooth at the time, trying to level up when they go on one of their massive killstreak rampages.

Gameplay was much more enjoyable with this system, but it was changed because of archers complaining they were always too far from combat to get xp.

And no upkeep as well. And i vividly remember that everyone was NOT running around in tincan armors so don't pull that crap you old school haters. There was a sense of accomplishment after grinding for your armor/weapons.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2015, 11:42:13 pm »
And no upkeep as well. And i vividly remember that everyone was NOT running around in tincan armors so don't pull that crap you old school haters. There was a sense of accomplishment after grinding for your armor/weapons.
I vividly remember high armour being quite common among the high level players and old soak mechanics making it rather good. I remember this vividly because I had trouble damaging a lot of them with my first expensive weapon, the Long Hafted Blade.

Here, take a look at the state of the NA server in December 2010, same thing there.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2015, 11:51:09 pm »
+1
I vividly remember high armour being quite common among the high level players and old soak mechanics making it rather good. I remember this vividly because I had trouble damaging a lot of them with my first expensive weapon, the Long Hafted Blade.

Here, take a look at the state of the NA server in December 2010, same thing there.
HOLY FUCKING MONKEY LAZERBALLS !

0:54
GIVE US THAT MAP BACK !! NAW.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:13 am »

I vividly remember that basically anyone who had the money for plate was using plate. There was a shit ton of plate users. I was an agiwhore with armor worth around 5k at that time, and i clearly remember that every other death was to someone in plate.