Author Topic: C-Rpg Classic  (Read 15212 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: C-Rpg Classic
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 09:32:04 pm »
+2
Heskey

Your my fucking hero m8
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 09:38:03 pm »
Floorstabbing was glorious too.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »
+5
Did someone seriously just accuse hesky of being american?   :lol:

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »
Did someone seriously just accuse hesky of being american?   :lol:

(click to show/hide)

Where is he from then? Im just assuming things since i havent seen him on eu.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
Where is he from then? Im just assuming things since i havent seen him on eu.

Think he is a brit, ive seen him around on EU

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 10:34:03 pm »
+2
The time inbetween the introduction of the multi system and the removal of the native 2h thrust animation together with floorstabbing was were it was at imho.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This have been the times of glory. This was the time when rageball was still played and archers and cav still have been a threat in battle and kingrim, chase and phase did theire magic on EU.

I am totally for unnerfe of achery and cav.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 10:36:38 pm »
+1
original crpg, like, ladderhighways and no character-turnrate-delay, so some crazy sideturn 2h stabs would be possible again? Also, stabbing with lance from a horseback with again 180° range? And no WSE2...ugh

@Heskeytime: Three things I appreciate in native are:
- nice dueling with equal chances
- no nudges
- kicks have the range and timing as they´re supposed to have

but only thinking about the crazy precision ranged units have there (and because of that, the AMOUNT of of ranged players in every round) gives me the creeps, it´s like giving everybody a sniper rifle. Not that I wouldn´t play range myself, it´s just that native is mostly shitty for non-ranged people without shields. (but probably more realistic then. Hm.)

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 10:41:05 pm »
+1
I fucking miss ladders
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 10:47:42 pm »
Yes. Yes. Yes. This have been the times of glory. This was the time when rageball was still played and archers and cav still have been a threat in battle and kingrim, chase and phase did theire magic on EU.

I am totally for unnerfe of achery and cav.

rageball wasn't around back then

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1301
  • Infamy: 208
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 11:55:08 pm »
+2
original crpg, like, ladderhighways and no character-turnrate-delay, so some crazy sideturn 2h stabs would be possible again? Also, stabbing with lance from a horseback with again 180° range? And no WSE2...ugh

I'm playing without WSE2 anyway, but its glitchy as hell and has random freezes. My PC can't handle WSE2, textures are pulsing like they want to pop out every second, it is very nausea inducing. Not sure what causes it, but there isn't any of those artifacts without WSE2. But as I said there are other. Also, without WSE2 players move at normal speed, even if they have insane agility builds. Everything is much faster with WSE2 for some reason. When I had old GPU, before my PSU died I could handle WSE2 better. But not anymore.

Stabs aren't an issue in native, because they are near instant. I can work with that. What I hate are cRPG stabs and their nature and active thrust period. Blocking stab for 2 seconds, just to be stabbed in your face a second after you let go of downblock is really lame. cRPG 2H thrust is way more annoying than native counterpart.

As for lance angle, I pretty much stopped playing lancer cav after they implemented that. It isn't bad in native because other classes are stronger but as expected, battle mode is ranged and cav playground. I can't do in native what I can in cRPG, to outreach lancers with various shorter weapons because of fixed angle. But I don't mind, because I can use pike and flamberge and great maul at the same time :)

Some noob cav use great lance and thrust with it to gain extra reach but that's not very effective.

All those quirks and non realistic features make native more interesting imho. cRPG has been dumbed down a lot.

it´s just that native is mostly shitty for non-ranged people without shields.

That's not true. Players with most kills are 2H or long polearm users, not ranged. I suck at xbow, and even when I'm playing Rhodok I'm always footman soldier. Prefer playing swashbuckler which seems silly but it does work. Ranged is very strong in native and good archers can create a havoc but it is the same in cRPG. What you probably imagine is early cRPG, which was a lot worse than native ranged because of silly amounts of wpf (gen bonus wpf) and uber builds and gear.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:02:13 am by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 03:15:35 am »
+6
Over the years people have been wanting nerfs and nerfs and nerfs and now we've gotten to the point where people wants to return to native stuff. Funny.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 04:27:04 am »
I think the only time I complained is when they did something funny to one of the side swings in early-mid 2012 (which they ended up reverting).
And how!

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 07:10:53 am »
tbh I haven´t played native for over 1 1/2 years, so, yeh  :oops:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 2410
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »
It is full of noobies, but there are servers with veteran players. They might not seem 'good' as cRPG folks are, but that probably has something to do with me playing underpowered loomless peasant in cRPG and being on the same level as everyone else in Native.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
+10
Native combat mechanics is simply superior to cRPG
What are you on about? Granted, it feels quite smooth, but as far as actual design decisions go it is terrible. The stun from getting hit by ranged takes twice as long as in cRPG, there is polestagger, you can hit through teammates with the early half of your swings, you hit through dead bodies, you hit through structures with most of your swing, the early hitting is hilariously broken and it doesn't even have team horsebumps. So much cringeworthy random ways to get hit.

That's not true. Players with most kills are 2H or long polearm users, not ranged. I suck at xbow, and even when I'm playing Rhodok I'm always footman soldier. Prefer playing swashbuckler which seems silly but it does work. Ranged is very strong in native and good archers can create a havoc but it is the same in cRPG. What you probably imagine is early cRPG, which was a lot worse than native ranged because of silly amounts of wpf (gen bonus wpf) and uber builds and gear.
What server are you on about? If you can play without a shield and get the most kills, then you are probably on some Deathmatch server full of bad noobs. Equating good Native ranged with good cRPG ranged is silly. You literally cannot spawn without a shield when there are good archers around in Native. Native archery kills in 2-3 arrows regardless of armour, has perfect accuracy and has like twice as much draw speed and missile speed. Bagge in cRPG doesn't have half the killing power a good archer in Native has.