Author Topic: Decrease levels  (Read 3468 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Decrease levels
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 08:18:10 pm »
Everyone is a thrower now? Weren't they saying that throwing was UP a few weeks ago, too? I guess it makes sense since a group of throwers mixed with infantry at the frontlines can destroy full-infantry formations.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 09:10:36 pm »
+2
I have something for increasing body shot damage and decreasing limb damage to make use of the new accuracy buffs and this affects final damage instead of raw, which is easier to deal with, but it's sitting in limbo along with stuff already committed a month ago, lol.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »
Everyone is a thrower now? Weren't they saying that throwing was UP a few weeks ago, too? I guess it makes sense since a group of throwers mixed with infantry at the frontlines can destroy full-infantry formations.

High level anything is OP with agi + ranged
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 01:06:33 am »
I have something for increasing body shot damage and decreasing limb damage to make use of the new accuracy buffs and this affects final damage instead of raw, which is easier to deal with, but it's sitting in limbo along with stuff already committed a month ago, lol.

Seemed good enough to give back some killing power to archery from what I saw ... but won't happen until devs press the patch button. :(

Also, grumbs, for the freaking 100th time, play archery and prove it's OP, since you only played crossbow from what I saw.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 02:40:21 am »
I made the thread on the 25th of November and it only needs 1 more vote for that. We were talking about buffing a lot of the bows/crossbows but tbqh more discussion needs to be had on that, especially with regards to weight and ammo and the whole balance forums going dead.

Offline Hecur

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 07:43:53 am »
one more vote!
take mine!

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »
When archers get protected they are not underpowered as we've seen on the Strat battles. What makes the class hard to play is the terrible map rotation and retarded players on EU1. At the moment archers have no hard counters as cavalry is way too weak to effectively go against an archer stack. However now that the only effective builds for archers are 9PD and 10PD they are lacking the movement speed to run from or fight the infantry, forcing them to basically to run behind their infantry formation not shooting at all. At least that's my experience as an archer. If you do however get protection the class is still as strong as it ever was and way too accurate. Buffing archery would be a very bad idea, but we need to have an incentive to have lower PD builds as well.

Back to the topic though, I agree with the too high levels. It makes the game really hard for average or below average players and gives too good opportunities to go with a full hybrid thrower, xbow or cavalry. Setting the level "cap" lower (25-31) would force cavalry for example to be either good on horseback and shit on foot, or bad at both. Same for shielders that need both agi and str, the patch basically brought back the indestructible shields of boredom which is one of the reasons I haven't really played this game for the last few weeks.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »
I really don't see that high levels are the problem apart from in high populated servers since I don't get the best FPS and miss some swings on high agility based builds.

If the levels were decreased by 3 and say everyone chose to have 3 less agi the game would be slowed down and people may survive 1 more hit but in comparison to everyone else you will not be faster or slower.

In regards to ranged I don't play ranged that much so can't make an accurate argument for or against it. However, typically speaking I find myself getting hit from ranged before I enter melee, hurting me but not killing, but can ultimately contribute to me losing in a fight. Maybe this can be shown by increasing the points ranged gain?

I don't know I am just a scrub.
(click to show/hide)

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 11:19:48 am »
I dont know what everyone means if i wear plate on spiritus i still get 2 shot.... and i dont do a shit ton of damage either, still takes 4 plus wacks to down people even when i kick and land faceshots

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 12:10:05 pm »
+3
Agi whoring is what is the problem with the increased levels.

People running around with 4ps and 12 athletics swinging their insanely fast katana or quarter staff dealing a lot more damage than someome with 12 power strike.

Speed bonus needs to be nerfed massively.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »
+2

People running around with 4ps and 12 athletics swinging their insanely fast katana or quarter staff dealing a lot more damage than someome with 12 power strike.

You forgot to mention they are running around in rags  :P  Fucking peasants  :lol:

Increase difficulty of weapons and armors  :!:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »
Agi whoring is what is the problem with the increased levels.

Speed bonus needs to be nerfed massively.

As a 12/39 on my main since patch i can say that i definitely dont hit like a 12ps build, not even like a 6 or 7. Also i get oneshot by damnnear everything.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 01:50:05 pm »
+3
Yeah, Fighting vs. spammers with 12 fps is near to impossible. if its a fast wep (katana, fast 1hs, or just uber much wpf) i cant see the swings, forcing me to invest more in shield ":|

The servers being laggy and etc also is contributing to it, and the constant DC of internet also helps..
With my 4yr old laptop i cant do shit against these high-end monsters some are using
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2414
  • Infamy: 1177
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 01:59:52 pm »
+1
nvm

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »
+3
As a 12/39 on my main since patch i can say that i definitely dont hit like a 12ps build, not even like a 6 or 7. Also i get oneshot by damnnear everything.

Agi over 21 needs a big nerf. If possible i'd change the req for athletics/WM from 3 to 4, so you could get 8 in each at 32 agi. Maybe even do it for PS too

The game just isn't made for these types of builds without causing issues
If you have ranged troubles use this: