Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 51824 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2016, 11:56:32 pm »
I really miss a decent scoreboard, I have absolutely no idea if I am playing well or not, or if there are certain teammates I can blame for us losing. Getting medals for damage as Zenyatta is some sort of indicator I guess, but there is no way to really get a clear picture of relative performances.
Yes, the "scoreboard" is frigging awful. It's in the trend of "everyone gets a medal", it's just coddling.

Jesus Christ @ "contributes to toxicity" reason. So gay.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2016, 12:55:06 am »
+1
Nerf Bastion sentry mode.
I'm mostly playing 500+ HP heroes and these things can literaly tear me down in 0.5s/1s even at medium-long range. Probably a counter somewhere but it feels completely IMBA atm.

Thats the only bad thing I have to say on the game at the moment, it plays pretty great. Its gonna be a hit.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2016, 01:02:20 am »
first of all the turret character is just stupid, there are maps with only 1 choke point, its hp/damage/accuracy is just not even close to balanced.

yup game is obviously overall well made. It has the fun aspects of moba's without the mob grinding for 40 minutes which makes me hate those games.

And yet this is another FPS were the rounds are too short for me. It feels like you spend 50% of the time watching the victory screen, play of the match and then queing for next round. Its got that halo/console multilayer feel that is a big put off, I can't even browse game type or anything only do quick play, is that just because its beta?

Its funny round length is simple but big deal to me. I got bored of insurgency quite quickly for same short rounds, long loading screens. But get tired of Counterstrike competitive dragging out towards 30 fucking rounds.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2016, 01:04:19 am »
+1
And yet this is another FPS were the rounds are too short for me. It feels like you spend 50% of the time watching the victory screen, play of the match and then queing for next round. Its got that halo/console multilayer feel that is a big put off, I can't even browse game type or anything only do quick play, is that just because its beta?

Competitive mode which comes a bit later has more stages/maps to a match, so it lasts longer.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2016, 01:22:53 am »
Why would you ever right click shurikens on Genji? Do they do more damage individually or something? I considered rebinding right mouse button to melee, V isn't very fast.
V has always been aweird button for melee. Dunno why so many games defaults melee to it.

Personally I prefer to have it on mouse4 (thumb button) or scroll wheel click.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2016, 01:42:59 am »
V has always been aweird button for melee. Dunno why so many games defaults melee to it.

Personally I prefer to have it on mouse4 (thumb button) or scroll wheel click.

It's V and Mouse4 by default.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2016, 02:49:43 am »
yeah you'd think in 2016 mouse thumb buttons would be default over V.

I won't bother reposting them all gifs on the reddit page are amazing ;) great game for gifs if nothing else.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2016, 02:51:56 am »
Just finished a game where I did over 17k of damage as Junkrat on KOTH.  Twas fun

Hands down my favorite defense character

Also, fuck Mei

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2016, 03:53:45 am »
Judging by the praise it's worth downloading?

Gonna give it a go tomorrow.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2016, 08:53:02 am »
first of all the turret character is just stupid, there are maps with only 1 choke point, its hp/damage/accuracy is just not even close to balanced.

I don't find him that unbalanced, and on the meta tier list he's literally bottom tier, so there must be a few ways to counter it.

Although last time on Temple of Anubis we defended the first point with ease (it's a point that usually gets taken over fast), with a Bastion as the turret guy, Reinhardt shielding us, me on Mercy healing and damage amping Bastion, Torbjorn for the extra turret just because we could. Then we had McCree and Widowmaker to deal with flankers and such. Pretty much unstoppable.

The biggest pain in the ass imo is Mei though. I wouldn't say OP but so annoying to deal with on cart pushes, and in one game they had two on defense...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:57:40 am by Vibe »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2016, 09:22:49 am »
So do you guys mb wanna assemble a crpg team tonight ? I'd like to try this game with a full party. We could meet on the Vanguard TS. My nickname is Ujin in battle.net.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2016, 01:20:28 pm »
I really want to like Genji, but good god shuriken are just fucking awful. It's comical trying to fight someone like Tracer with them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:26:39 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2016, 01:29:51 pm »
Also, fuck turrets. Most boring mechanic ever.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2016, 01:53:21 pm »
I really want to like Genji, but good god shuriken are just fucking awful. It's comical trying to fight someone like Tracer with them.

I think Genji is a bit more situational than Tracer. Tracer is just all around good and can ruin your day as a support or squishy if she doesn't get shut down. Genji is good for getting to higher elevated areas due to his wall scaling shit, something Tracer doesn't have. I remember a few times when I could've gotten a kill with a Tracer but the target was in an area that was not reachable (in a reasonable time or not at all). And while shurikens are shit for fast moving chars like Tracer, you can still deal more damage at range than Tracer if you throw it at turrets/stationary targets and tanks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:56:47 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2016, 02:04:45 pm »
Yeah, but I fucking despise rock-paper-scissors balancing for FPS games, where the devs artificially limit the skill ceiling. Getting pretty turned off by Overwatch lately, the whole design philosophy is basically to make it as easily accessible for casuals as possible and to limit the skill ceiling to stop anyone from being too good.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.