Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 51137 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2016, 06:45:08 pm »
+2
First match as Genji, team was losing badly, enemies holding the victory point with 5 seconds left, I dash in with shift, use Genjis ulti and proceed to slice and dice the whole enemy team - play of the game.

Second match I tanked a choke point as that hammer and shield guy (Reinhard?) for the duration of 2 minutes and didn't die a single time.

3rd match - played as that flying rocket launcher girl -awesome hovering over the enemies , huge kill streak.

Was very pleasantly surprised to find out that you can watch your previous highlights any time you want, they are saved automatically.

Overall my first impression is that this games just oozes quality. Every little detail, from graphics and sounds to gameplay , just feels very satisfying and fun. It runs and feels extremely smooth and it's a perfect time killer.

Instant buy for me and that's saying a lot since I'm not a fan of the FPS genre at all.

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »
I played like 5 matches with Reinhardt, it's such a cool character to play :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2016, 07:04:37 pm »
Tracer is pretty insane.

That double-shotgun guy seems underwhelming, though. He doesn't.... really do anything. The shotguns are pretty lame and his abilities don't help him fight.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »
Tracer is pretty insane.

That double-shotgun guy seems underwhelming, though. He doesn't.... really do anything. The shotguns are pretty lame and his abilities don't help him fight.

Yeah Tracer is top tier in current meta, while Reaper is in the bottom tiers. Tracer has a pretty high skill cap - you're either horrible because she only has 150 hp or you're dominating.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2016, 07:15:17 pm »
Does every character do equal melee damage? If so, how much?

And yeah, the skill cap on Tracer is really high. Genji too, can do a lot of stuff with him because his dash recharges with each kill.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2016, 07:18:24 pm »
Does every character do equal melee damage? If so, how much?

And yeah, the skill cap on Tracer is really high. Genji too, can do a lot of stuff with him because his dash recharges with each kill.

50 damage, same for every char. Good to use for finishing off people, for example Genji: shurikens, dash in, turn around, right click shurikens, melee.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2016, 07:31:59 pm »
Why would you ever right click shurikens on Genji? Do they do more damage individually or something? I considered rebinding right mouse button to melee, V isn't very fast.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2016, 07:34:34 pm »
Why would you ever right click shurikens on Genji? Do they do more damage individually or something? I considered rebinding right mouse button to melee, V isn't very fast.

It's like a shotgun up close, compared to left click burst fire for longer ranges. I believe it's just faster.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2016, 07:37:58 pm »
Ah, okay, so if you do it up close all 3 of them hit the target, instead of spreading out super soon. Gonna try.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2016, 09:26:10 pm »
Played for the first time last night, and I have to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Soldier: 72, Junkrat, and Lucio are my favorites so far.

I also enjoyed playing Roadhog, but I am not much of the tank type when it comes to games like this.

Also, yes Soldier 72 is definitely the least interesting class.  Although, I have always liked a class that can do a little bit of everything.  Also, his "ult" is fucking satisfying as hell

I like playing Mccree, but I suck so bad at him.  I will have to take time to figure him out, till then I will just play him in skirmishes

5%/gg would rip in peaces again

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2016, 09:54:06 pm »
Also, yes Soldier 72 is definitely the least interesting class.  Although, I have always liked a class that can do a little bit of everything.  Also, his "ult" is fucking satisfying as hell

I like playing Mccree, but I suck so bad at him.  I will have to take time to figure him out, till then I will just play him in skirmishes

5%/gg would rip in peaces again

Soldier 76 is very straightforward and will feel natural to anyone that has played CS or CoD or those typical shooters. But he's a very solid hero and very good in hands of someone with decent aim. What I was most surprised about Soldier 76 is that it looks boring af but when I played it I had fun, I never thought I would with such a classic-shooter hero.

McCree is one of my most played heroes, the problem with him is that a lot of people mistake him for a flanker, which is what he isn't at all, you're too squishy with no escapes for that. You're actually the opposite, an anti-flanker. You stay with team, shoot mid-range where he is still effective (specially with headshots) and wait for a Tracer or Genji to try to nab your supports or squishies, throw a flashbang and one shot them with right click.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2016, 09:58:51 pm »
Been playing lucio and zenyatta a lot, pretty good stuff. I like doing the supporting, but both of these were decently viable as offensive as well. Especially lucio. Did some genji but he felt a bit underwhelming at times to me, some games i did really well with him, but a lot of times i would lose track of enemies if my shift didnt kill. And the ult felt like it takes too long to launch, doesnt hit hard enough and should add some hp. I barely caught up to anyone with it and needed like 4 or 5 hits to kill a big guy, i wouldve rather had the spin2win ult the shotgun guy has, that stuff kills everyone instantly.

Overall the game seems pretty good so far, just a bit too bland and fast. Maps could use some size, and there could be some more penalty to dying, feelts like im just rushing in constantly now with little consequence. I think a mode where you perma die would be fun, like battle mode. Force some more thinking and less forcing yourself in.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2016, 11:08:35 pm »
Feels like there's very little reason to pick Genji over Tracer right now. She's pretty much got the same role, just does it better in every way.

Genji just lacks the damage to capitalize on... well, anything. Shuriken are shitty, melee doesn't do enough damage... meanwhile, Tracer can pretty much instakill the 150-200 hp heroes and be out of there before anyone can retaliate.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:22:19 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2016, 11:53:02 pm »
+1
I really miss a decent scoreboard, I have absolutely no idea if I am playing well or not, or if there are certain teammates I can blame for us losing. Getting medals for damage as Zenyatta is some sort of indicator I guess, but there is no way to really get a clear picture of relative performances.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »
I really miss a decent scoreboard, I have absolutely no idea if I am playing well or not, or if there are certain teammates I can blame for us losing. Getting medals for damage as Zenyatta is some sort of indicator I guess, but there is no way to really get a clear picture of relative performances.

Yeah, I miss it too, but Blizzard believes a scoreboard contributes to toxicity and they want to avoid it for this reason, apparently.