Author Topic: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
Re: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2014, 05:13:08 pm »
Why do you think Poland is one of the biggest supporters of the United States in the entire world? We both understand the costs, and rewards, of freedom, unlike most of you.

Just because couple people say something, and agree on something, doesnt mean entire nation support them. Poland is great example, a country of constant inner conflicts. Politicians do whatever they want, noone ask us, citizens what do we want, do we agree or not, its not Switzerland with its constant pools. This is Poland. You choose politicians basing on empty promises, and once he/she is choosen, they are not obligated to do what they said they will be doing. They can do whatever they want to. Law is not for everyone, etc., but Im not going to write about Poland, because its not the topic about it.

Last thing, Poland might look good in comparison to other ex ZSRR countries, but its not as good as it seems to be. Over 3 millions Poles left Poland in the last few years, for financial reasons.

Minimum wage here:

1680,00 PLN - Polska brutto
397,35 EUR - Unia Europejska

1237,00 zł PLN - Polska netto
292,57 EUR - Unia Europejska

500,12 USD - USA

368,24 USD - USA

I strongly discourage anyone from coming here [its only good place to visit as a tourist destination], unless you are a Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, IT dude, but even then, you might be going farther west, because Poles usually are treated like people of 3rd, or worse category, so dont bother.

Better go elsewhere.

Last one thing. Poland is one of the greates supporter of USA because politicians are morons. Americans call us great ally, but we need visia, and green card lottery, wtf is that? Since my early years I have always dreamt of emigrating to the USA, I remember how I followed the Iraq invasion in the CNN, I remember how USA kept on feeding us "Hey Poland, agree and you wont need visa etc.". Im 26 now, and guess what? I keep on hearing it again, and again. For all these years.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:16:42 pm by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2014, 05:17:03 pm »
Just because couple people say something, and agree on something, doesnt mean entire nation support them. Poland is great example, a country of constant inner conflicts. Politicians do whatever they want, noone ask us, citizens what do we want, do we agree or not, its not Switzerland with its constant pools. This is Poland. You choose politicians basing on empty promises, and once he/she is choosen, they are not obligated to do what they said they will be doing. They can do whatever they want to. Law is not for everyone, etc., but Im not going to write about Poland, because its not the topic about it.

Last thing, Poland might look good in comparison to other ex ZSRR countries, but its not as good as it seems to be. Over 3 millions Poles left Poland in the last few years, for financial reasons.

Minimum wage here:

397,35 EUR - Unia Europejska

292,57 EUR - Unia Europejska

500,12 USD - USA

368,24 USD - USA

I strongly discourage anyone from coming here [its only good place to visit as a tourist destination], unless you are a Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, IT dude, but even then, you might be going farther west, because Poles usually are treated like people of 3rd, or worse category, so dont bother.

Better go elsewhere.

Haha sounds just like America man seriously. Come try to immigrate to USA and get denied a visa so you become a sexy blond illegal polish immigrant house maid that we all love in New Jersey.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2014, 05:25:30 pm »
Last thing, Poland might look good in comparison to other ex ZSRR countries, but its not as good as it seems to be.

That is evident, I was only referencing it under those circumstances.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »
Last one thing. Poland is one of the greates supporter of USA because politicians are morons. Americans call us great ally, but we need visia, and green card lottery, wtf is that? Since my early years I have always dreamt of emigrating to the USA, I remember how I followed the Iraq invasion in the CNN, I remember how USA kept on feeding us "Hey Poland, agree and you wont need visa etc.". Im 26 now, and guess what? I keep on hearing it again, and again. For all these years.

Yeah we all know our immigration system is completely fucked up. Hurry up and stay here illegally in time for Obama or the next Democratic president to pass executive amnesty so you never get deported and can work and shit. Its what many have to do lol but whenever US congress gets along again they will have to reform it all somehow soon.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2014, 05:34:35 pm »
That is evident, I was only referencing it under those circumstances.

Dis tbh, he did say it was better than other ex-Pact countries. Sad to say that USSR could maybe have worked well if they hadn't spent so much fucking money bolstering their "allies" in asia and africa. As it is, instead they ruined their chances by not focusing on their core countries. Fucking idiots, way to throw away the legacy of billions of people.
I don't know enough

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »
+1
Blindguy versus Smoothrich, funniest thread ever. If I didn't have them both on my ignore list.

I was talking about the referenced plateau for individuals. There was no information in your OP about business rates so I didnt provide any opinion on it, seems over the top to react that way because I did not follow the Hungarian news network  :|
On that part, I agree with you, it seems very exaggerated and could close business if the plateau is not global (a per business cap) and/or it remains that high a plateau for each client. Protest so that it changes  :wink:

The plateau itself is a huge problem. at 0.6 euros per Gb, everybody even remotely connected is going to reach that 2.9 euro limit, on each of their connection plans (which means like 10 per family if you think about it). This is a large, fixed per-month amount of money that basically everybody will have to pay. In other words this is the most socially indiscriminate tax ever. There is zero reason for this tax to exist other than money, and there are much, much better ways to acquire money.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2014, 06:31:49 pm »
I'm actually half polish myself.

Oh my... that explains everything...  :rolleyes:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
The plateau itself is a huge problem. at 0.6 euros per Gb, everybody even remotely connected is going to reach that 2.9 euro limit, on each of their connection plans (which means like 10 per family if you think about it). This is a large, fixed per-month amount of money that basically everybody will have to pay. In other words this is the most socially indiscriminate tax ever. There is zero reason for this tax to exist other than money, and there are much, much better ways to acquire money.

I agree, however for companies, etc etc this is going to be a 15-16 eur tax instead of 2.9.

This won't even give that much money according to their own predictions. They deal with a lot more when it comes to stealing money, and giving projects to companies close to them via corruption. Construction is one of these for an example.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »
I agree, however for companies, etc etc this is going to be a 15-16 eur tax instead of 2.9.

This won't even give that much money according to their own predictions. They deal with a lot more when it comes to stealing money, and giving projects to companies close to them via corruption. Construction is one of these for an example.

Just be happy that you live in a democracy and can complain about because, tbh, EVERYWHERE, thats how things are done. There isn't a place on earth where cronyism and backhanders dont get shit done, it's how humans work.

Blindguy versus Smoothrich, funniest thread ever. If I didn't have them both on my ignore list.

FUCKSAKE Smooth, you see that? We aren't cool enough for the Frenchman.
I don't know enough

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »
+1
FOR FOUR years Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has been dispatching lobbyists and high-level envoys to Brussels and Washington to argue that his policies are misunderstood. Critics who claimed that he aimed to dismantle institutions such as free media and independent courts, limit freedom of religion and make his right-wing party invulnerable to electoral defeat were badly mistaken, Mr. Orban’s defenders claimed; all he was really doing was sweeping away the last vestiges of Hungary’s former communist regime.

All of that sounds bizarrely familiar. Except for the "limit freedom of religion" part of course.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:02 pm »
+1
All of that sounds bizarrely familiar. Except for the "limit freedom of religion" part of course.

We don't have an equivalent of this yet though

That is a special achievement for only the most dedicated of dictators

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:39 pm »
That is what I have been trying to say. It could all be worse, Christo. It could all be much worse.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1334
  • Infamy: 2540
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2014, 10:26:51 pm »
FUCKSAKE Smooth, you see that? We aren't cool enough for the Frenchman.

He's Belgian scientist of muslim heritage. I might be wrong (most of the time I am wrong).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2014, 12:14:50 am »