Author Topic: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Hungarian Internet Tax Disaster
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 10:40:05 pm »
Magyar kulturát

Mit, a zsírt és az alkoholizmust?  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 114
  • Infamy: 469
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:00 pm »
+1
Or he has a deal with Putin involving gas trade ;)

Putin was here less than a month ago, this shitty country spent millions they don't have on some stupid military parade to appease his majesty. What actually happened of importance in month of October is gas becoming more expensive in two occasions, by 5% each time. But it's fine because every single controlled media reported how Putin said we are brothers and that gas will be cheaper for us and will always be in abundance. Reality is that we pay way more than any other country in the region, despite giving away national oil/gas company to Russians for pocket change. It was all part of South Stream project which was canceled due to situation in Ukraine. But that didn't stop major politician in Serbian part of Bosnia to advertise South Stream as main point in his party campaign even though in the news Bulgarians said how they won't have anything to do with Russia and that project South Stream is no more. Imagine stupidity of people who can't process simple information that is presented to them via same media pretty much at the same time...

Real tragic part is that gas is least of the worries. Thanks to summer floods, coal mining isn't working and there is major shortage of cheapest coal this country uses to provide electricity and heat houses. That level of incompetence is hard to achieve. At the same time Mr Prime Minister is denying that his own brother exists because his brothers company owes this country half billion euros...

Dunno what is with this part of Europe, but countries like Serbia/Hungary/Bulgaria/Romania/Turkey/Greece are for some reason cursed to have highly corrupt government most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:46:49 pm by Leshma »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 10:47:08 pm »
+2
Dunno what is with this part of Europe, but country like Serbia/Hungary/Bulgaria/Romania/Turkey/Greece are for some reason cursed to have highly corrupt government most of the time.

*insert 4 paragraphs of USSR/Russia bashing here*

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »
+1

Dunno what is with this part of Europe, but countries like Serbia/Hungary/Bulgaria/Romania/Turkey/Greece are for some reason cursed to have highly corrupt government most of the time.

Dats what happens when u choose USSR over Murrica.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2014, 12:04:08 am »
+4
Dats what happens when u choose USSR over Murrica.

>Implies you have to choose either one.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 12:22:22 am »
67% of parliament. Lol gg no re

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:17 am »
+3

Pepsi - Coke

Democrats - Republicans

Anime - Manga

COD - Battlefield

USSR - Western Powers

Choose either or choose death

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 12:47:14 am »
+1

Unless you are switzerland, I really dunno

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 01:29:11 am »
Christo you have to realize that living with idiots won't make them intelligent. Of course Hungarian isn't the best of languages if you want to relocate.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:00 am »
Except that if you use the internet as a company, or for a cash register, the tax is not 700 HUF.
It's 5000. For every damned subscription.

Also either Butan is trolling as you have said, or he really needs to get out of his cave and read up about the hungarian events of the recent.. well a year is enough.

I was talking about the referenced plateau for individuals. There was no information in your OP about business rates so I didnt provide any opinion on it, seems over the top to react that way because I did not follow the Hungarian news network  :|
On that part, I agree with you, it seems very exaggerated and could close business if the plateau is not global (a per business cap) and/or it remains that high a plateau for each client. Protest so that it changes  :wink:

Then If you want to digress on Hungary general state of affairs, you are most than welcome, I hope you will appreciate my "trolling" participation.

One word : Populism

Impopular taxes is the farthest thing from Populism.
Populist feels like a byword to say "getting the absolute majority" in parliament/senate these days  :wink:

They are the parliament.

Even without the constitutional change they made after winning a majority in 2010, do you think that they would have been ousted by your people in the next parliamentary election of 2014?
You sound, to me, very bitter about your own country... for reasons, of course. It is also extremely harder to accept democracy when its working opposite of your ideals...
But on a thread whose subject is an internet tax, as impopular and backwards it is in the world of today, it feels hors de propos, even though its interesting background information on you and how you see your country (of that, we both know I've read some parts on a different thread :D), relative to the subject.
I understand the feeling you have, it doesnt seem like its the paradise down there, but you can host a thread without being a total jerk to those who arent jumping on your train.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:47:12 am by Butan »

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 01:45:41 am »
+4
I hope Erdogan won't hear about this otherwise we are fucked aswell  :?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1124
  • Infamy: 2017
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 02:09:54 am »

For some reason, if you live in this area you have to. And both choices are bad, result in thievery but in different style and for different master. What appalls people the most about Russians is their blunt/prehistoric man style of doing things. When they steal from you, they snatch the bag of gold in front of you, then hit you in the head with a club. Western types prefer to do it like Garrett in original Thief series.

Our most successful president (during communist times) found out a way how to steal from both sides, while preferring none. At the end it came with a terrible cost, but it was cool while it was working. Right now you have to chose and it's FIFO ordered queue, where those who have made their choice last get nothing but crumbles (translates into country with poor standard, built to serve those in front of the line).

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 03:09:50 am »

Not true. What makes that area stand out is how badly they hide it.

Pepsi - Coke

Democrats - Republicans

Anime - Manga

COD - Battlefield

USSR - Western Powers

Choose either or choose death

I would refer at this point to the term Third World, but most everyone in this community is too young to remember the true meaning of that, since these days it seems used to mean an underdeveloped country.

Someone elected these politicians.

This. Fuckers keep going to vote like it makes a difference, political figureheads really dont matter, they have little to no say, as George put it: "This country was bought and sold long ago..." it's the same for any country, any organised country, those in charge stay in charge while they parade a punch of numpties past the public who fucking vote for them, rally for them, spend time and money for these lowlife, scumbag, used car salesmen cunts, while civil servants keep goverment ticking over and those that have the cash continue to run the country for their personal gain.

I don't have a better system in mind, but we could be SO much better off without the fucking parasites. The best a politician can hope for is to line his pockets with silver, since you CANNOT change a country in 4 years. Any plan you make that would have a meaningful effect will just be dismantled or bastadised by the next group of cunts, so realistically there is no point in doing anything while in goverment except get as rich as possible.

What eastern Europe needs is subtlety. Look to the UK. Look to Germany, France. Look to Scandinavia: you hardly ever see anyone being plastered for mass corruption there: why? Are humans essentially different in these countries? No, we are all the same, what's different is the level of subtlety and finesse. In the East, if you are an investigative journalist getting into some shit, you disapear or meet some very nasty accident if you get found out.

In the West, they silence you financially, find some bombthreats in your emails and have you renditioned, get a nice picture of your kids and show it to you on a bus, intern you forever and keep it under wraps with the official secrets act, and keep whatever they want out of the media out, since it is their medium. These are the subtle ways to keep the masses in line. Murdering dissenters is so 20th century.

If you actually want to change the world, stop voting. And if anyone asks you, tell them the truth: it doesn't mean anything. We cannot ever take the power back, the age of revolutions in organised western countries is behind us. The cobbled streets are almost gone, and honestly, without the thread of mass violence there is no way to keep those in power honest. Those who rule will continue to do so. I just wish we could remove the parasite of "democracy" from the system, since it does is make us all poorer. The bosses will still get the same cut of the pie, neither they nor the masses have anything to lose, except the wool over our eyes.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:26:16 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 03:55:04 am »
+1

If you actually want to change the world, stop voting. And if anyone asks you, tell them the truth: it doesn't mean anything. We cannot ever take the power back, the age of revolutions in organised western countries is behind us. The cobbled streets are almost gone, and honestly, without the thread of mass violence there is no way to keep those in power honest. Those who rule will continue to do so. I just wish we could remove the parasite of "democracy" from the system, since it does is make us all poorer. The bosses will still get the same cut of the pie, neither they nor the masses have anything to lose, except the wool over our eyes.

Boy black Americans in the south sure had a lot of freedom when they all decided not to vote for a couple hundred years.

Damn BlindGuy look at those people wanting to vote despite your posts. Better take a walk around 1950s Alabama and teach them a lesson with all your white buddies.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 05:40:17 am »
Yeah WHOOPTY FUCKING DO FOR THEM! Now they can truly have a say in FUCK ALL.

You call them Americans. For a couple of hundred years. Now: did a slave have US citizenship? I could be wrong but I don't think they did.

Now, without bringing stupid sensationalist bullshit into it, which might be hard for you, lets get real:

Is it right that people who pay taxes in what they believe to be a democracy have their ability to vote dictated by accidents of birth? No, it is not right.

Is it right that anyone is discriminated against in ANY way by accident of birth? No it is not

( BTW, before someone who cannot count past 10 with his shoes on wades in, accident means unplanned event, and since noone planned their skin colour previous to their birth, I think it is an accurate word, and does NOT imply that being any particular colour is a negative, since accident is used predominantly in a negative context in our day and age.)

That being written, let's look at this issue, if you like: Black US citizens (Don't write Americans, please, in this case at least, since the US is pretty fucking backward when it comes to civil rights in the Americas) were not being allowed to vote. They were taxed yet excluded from many activities and venues...

I'm not surprised they wanted to be equal. I'm surprised that they didn't do it sooner, with violence. I know I fucking would have. All they needed was the organisation. But let's not forget that once they brought their plight into media spotlight, it was white middle class people who took up their fight, just decent people who were not affected by the events but felt that to discriminate against someone for something that is not their choice is wrong. I couldn't agree more. And it's great to see how those poor black minorities used that new political freedom to bring political, economic and social equality to their people, and how it led to the end of the black ghetto in the great United States. Wait a minute... It didnt do any of that. They are still poor, underrepresented in goverment, and live in the shadow of immense covert rascism. Sometimes less covert than others.

But that's beside the point: I'm not arguing for a racial devide, and trying to equate my points with these photos is farcical at best. I'm happy that we don't live in a time when this overt rascism was the norm. And I'm guessing you are too. But here's a thing: if we did live back then, I would still think a racial devide is a crime, but I don't know that you would. You are a product of your surroundings, at least your outward persona here on forums is. As an example of such, I present, this thread: when you can clearly read that I am advocating a removal of democracy or at least it's more bullshit trappings, you throw a completely unrelated topic into the discussion that will garner you popular opinion, despite it being 1/ unrelated and 2/ fucking sickening.

Now, that kind of argument tactic is highly prevalent amongst your society, we see it from the lowest form of argument (convos such as this one, where you try to lambast my point with some throwbacks to your racist past) to the highest public address (Whole for-profit wars that ruin countries and lives being hailed as a war on terror and a strike for freedom). I guess it's pointless to argue with you, if it ever got to the point when you finally ran out of diversion tactics you would simply stick your fingers in your ears and start chanting "For Legs Good, Two Legs Bad"... oh wait, sorry "Murica, Freedom, Etc" ad naseum.

And since you made this a civil rights issue with you photos: Let's look at rights. It is your right to vote. It is also your right to not vote. Oh, plenty spin the line "Its your duty to vote" or "If you dont vote you dont have a say in things" but lets be realistic: voting perpetuates a system that everyone distrusts at some point, noone who is not a child believes this system to be just or accountable, and no real change has ever come from inside the political machine. To send a real point, and excersize your right, chose not to vote, if you all did it then you could send a real message.

Or don't, go ahead and vote for whoever's lies you like the smell of more. I cannot make you do something, nor would I want to. I hold many legal passports, but I have never voted. When there is a real choice on the table, maybe I will reconsider, but I refuse to choose between Lukewarm Bullshit and Fresh Steaming Bullshit.

PS: also, anyone who votes to the right is a fucking idiot, no exceptions, the past cannot be the future, it doesn't work that way. Shit is linear.

EDIT:
Damn BlindGuy look at those people wanting to vote despite your posts. Better take a walk around 1950s Alabama and teach them a lesson with all your white buddies.

I hadn't read the last couple of words: Sure mate, I guess I'm white... Not white enough to avoid being called a gyppo... and tbh, I don't know if I could have voted back then, did they use a colour chart or something to determine who was light enough to vote, or what? Did they just ask you shit like "Hey man, you wanna vote? You don't like watermelon do you?" or some other such rascist shit? I have no clue. If it was a chart, I might have passed, who knows... My old man's school pic shows him sat next to the aboriginal kids and he doesn't look out of place if I'm honest.

But as to going back to 1950's: I wouldn't mind, I'm colourblind, so I guess I would fit right in back then since it seems pretty monochrome.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:47:34 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough