Author Topic: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~  (Read 6393 times)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2014, 01:23:31 am »
Not only communism, but also because of Taoism, which is much less individualistic than Christianity which formed Western society.

You don't think Western society is more individualistically oriented as a whole than Chinese society?

this is MASSIVELY ignorant of chinese society. for starters the most popular religion is and always has been in china, local ancestor type worship things (although in modern times they are not taken all that seriously compared to the past)

taosim as a whole is extremely varying too, with a large amount of local folk religions being classed under taoism when infact they are very different to what people might consider that so the "influence" taoism had on china can not be stated in such easy terms.
taoism also isnt even as popular as buddhism in china, do you consider that to be less individualistic than christianity? you're just hugely ignorant and racist to spout shit about things you don't know.

china has more variety and individualities in itself than all of europe
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:26:38 am by imisshotmail »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2014, 02:41:25 am »
+2
Nice post, good to know CHN has some reasonable players. :wink:

... Who can also communicate with us quite well I might add.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2014, 11:18:19 am »
+1
If your western values have made you so individualistic, why are you talking about 1.4 billion individuals like they are all the same?
I am not. I said western society as a whole is more individualistic, which leaves room for huge variation without shaking the claim. You seem to have an irratical fear for generalization, but communicating about any group becomes very difficult without it.

this is MASSIVELY ignorant of chinese society. for starters the most popular religion is and always has been in china, local ancestor type worship things (although in modern times they are not taken all that seriously compared to the past)

taosim as a whole is extremely varying too, with a large amount of local folk religions being classed under taoism when infact they are very different to what people might consider that so the "influence" taoism had on china can not be stated in such easy terms.
taoism also isnt even as popular as buddhism in china, do you consider that to be less individualistic than christianity? you're just hugely ignorant and racist to spout shit about things you don't know.

china has more variety and individualities in itself than all of europe
Defining any religion in China is very difficult, with the line between Taoism and folk religions being very blurry with many ancient practices or beliefs being incorporated, the same even goes for the line between Chinese Buddhism and folk religions. Comparing the number of Taoists and Buddhists depends entirely on the definition you use for either, with many Chinese adhering to religious concepts and beliefs that fall outside of strict definitions. Taoism has taken on the ancestral veneration and family values stemming from folk religions and Confucianism early on. I used Taoism as a broad definition of religious traditions that aim at harmony, stability, humility and leading a simple life. I agree that Taoism has been formed by Chinese folk religion and classing some types of folk religion under Taoism is hardly perfect, but I am not the first one to do it. If it makes you feel more comfortable you can supplant my usage of Taoism with 'Chinese folk religion', but then you have an even wider range of beliefs that does similar or even worse injustices.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
+4
This balance thread got pretty awesome pretty fast.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:59:33 pm by Johammeth »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2014, 01:28:11 pm »
+2
cup, your intelligence is showing. Hide your shame.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2014, 05:20:56 pm »
+1
why do you still take damage from 2h and pole  weapons on side swings when the person is past you. shouldn't they bounce?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2014, 07:13:50 pm »
+1
why do you still take damage from 2h and pole  weapons on side swings when the person is past you. shouldn't they bounce?

Think it was never done because of forcing everyone to use the WSE launcher or something? Fuck why don't you all just force the WSE changes to everyone anyways look how pro that mechanic is.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline eddy2009

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2014, 03:52:51 pm »
+1
Saw a Shanghai Brave thread, fucking had to come read.

Two little things:

1/ I will be interested to see if anyone from China bought MBG, since with their copyright laws, they would probably have the game debugged and re-released in under a month from actual release.

2/ Chinese playerbase who are forumactive need to do more to represent: get more of their guys onto the forum, who cares if their english is bad, we have been dealing with psycopath Russ and Yanks for years and we can mostly decipher what they mean, and it's not like google translate doesn't work in China. Then they can express their opinions. Because we all know and love it when Shanghai Brave comes in to tell us about the genetic makeup of horses (And here I thought they were chickens for all these years!), they are just one person, and I doubt they take a poll of the opinions of everyone in CHN before they come and post here.

Also, incline the fucking head and listen you ignorant cunts, fucking horses are neither monkeys nor chickens, you fucking got that?

I will say you know too little about China, especially the CRPG players. We do have people in forum. But we have our own Chinese "forum" to share. M&B is a good game and CRPG also. It is no doubt that all the CRPG players bought the keys. My own experience, this game is very good which worth that little key cost. The cost of key is just around 60 RMB. As I know, a lot of player on M&B bought the keys.

Offline Armycook

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 07:40:10 am »
+1

I will say you know too little about China, especially the CRPG players. We do have people in forum. But we have our own Chinese "forum" to share. M&B is a good game and CRPG also. It is no doubt that all the CRPG players bought the keys. My own experience, this game is very good which worth that little key cost. The cost of key is just around 60 RMB. As I know, a lot of player on M&B bought the keys.

True, except he was talking about M:BG not MB, Melee: Battle Ground is the new game produced by chadz and his crew right now, there was a fund raising about a year ago(?) when you can invest into the M:BG project and pre-order the game.
As far as I know, there's probably around 10 Chinese players donated, I'm not entirely sure though...
Plus the CRPG section of MB China forum had been pretty cold for a while now...

Offline Armycook

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 07:55:11 am »
+2
Also the part about individualism vs collectivism...
Back in my middle school in China about 4 years ago, I remembered a large part of our non-academic education is Collectivism, our middle schools and high schools are not based on course selection system, instead, we are divided up into different "classes" with an almost militaristic structure. Students participate in school events in the unit of classes instead of individuals, however, there are individual-based contests too. But mostly, a class shares honor and shame, the designated classroom is to be cleaned by ourselves, each classroom has 2 black boards, one for the teacher, and one for the students to demonstrate the uniqueness of this specific class. We will have different posts like class monitors, artistic overseers, assignment overseers etc., mostly elected by students. This system definitely creates the "commune" feeling in a school, where students works together and helps each other, at least in ideal cases.
I don't know why you guys think Cups and Teeth are wrong, their description seems pretty accurate to me.

Offline eddy2009

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »
+1
True, except he was talking about M:BG not MB, Melee: Battle Ground is the new game produced by chadz and his crew right now, there was a fund raising about a year ago(?) when you can invest into the M:BG project and pre-order the game.
As far as I know, there's probably around 10 Chinese players donated, I'm not entirely sure though...
Plus the CRPG section of MB China forum had been pretty cold for a while now...

I recently knew this project from the Chinese new CRPG forum. They separated from the MB forum. I think the website is c-rpg.cn

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2014, 04:36:11 pm »
technically I'm not a balancer but

I AM a Chinese guy on the item advisors team  :D

too bad I'm from california, speak only basic Cantonese, and have been completely westernized.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »
technically I'm not a balancer but

I AM a Chinese guy on the item advisors team  :D

too bad I'm from california, speak only basic Cantonese, and have been completely westernized.

Oh the inhumanity.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2014, 05:48:05 pm »
game unbalance team

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2014, 01:21:24 am »
Best thread I read in the last months.
When I saw the notes about the latest patch I just thought, thats not true. Nerfing archers who already where underpowered was so crazy, and I say this as maybe 2% of my crpg time being archer. Didn't play since the new patch is out, I dont want to be part of such an unbalanced game.