Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 78795 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2014, 02:55:44 pm »
+1
It does on headshots...

Edit: randomly taken 10 min ago on EU1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But yes, please do buff archery :lol:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:28:33 pm by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »
31 was retirement level prepatch.  Is it the same now or has it changed?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2014, 04:47:38 pm »
(click to show/hide)
You know croxetti is Tydeus "testing" out archery right?  So basically the one time during the day 2 archers got headshots and then shot an archer you were able to snapshot it, doesn't really show anything other than how heavily biased you are against any sort of ranged because you wear super light armor roleplaying a ninja (almost only archers wear that light of an armor).  I'm sure I could wait for an hour or so and get a screenshot of 3-4 people getting killed by horse bumps even within the space of a short time.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2014, 05:37:58 pm »
+2
I just think the low tier one slot bows have been nerfed too much to the point where they are useless. I'm a 2h player and I have been hit by one slot bows in the body and the damage has been measly, like a fly bite. Just wondering what others thought and whether you have experienced similar results.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »
+4
Kesh if you would take just half of the time that you use for needlessly bitching about changes to actually contribute to modding just imagine all the shit you could get done.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
You know croxetti is Tydeus "testing" out archery right?  So basically the one time during the day 2 archers got headshots and then shot an archer you were able to snapshot it, doesn't really show anything other than how heavily biased you are against any sort of ranged because you wear super light armor roleplaying a ninja (almost only archers wear that light of an armor).  I'm sure I could wait for an hour or so and get a screenshot of 3-4 people getting killed by horse bumps even within the space of a short time.
You really are utterly stupid, aren't you?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Artemis13

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Isseult
« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »
+2
There are those saying archers should need to hybridize in order to survive.
There are those saying archers just shouldn't ever be getting valor because they are playing the game on easy mode.

Firstly, I've played melee and I've played archer, and they are both hard in different ways. They are different parts of the game. Trying to say one entire class CONCEPT is not worthy and should only be in the game if they aren't allowed to be what they are, most of the time... that's rough. That IS how this patch feels, also - that archers are being told, "Don't exist. If you insist upon existing, it has been ensured that this will be very unpleasant for you, and you really will spend most of your time being a gimped melee class." I trust though that staff is not deliberately doing that, and will reconsider what's happened at some point.

Secondly, I play hybrid all the time these days. I think I have about as solid a hybrid setup as one could have. It still makes me weaker in melee than straight melee, so the tradeoff in melee prowess in order to play low-damage archer for part of the round is not a sensible one at the moment. I don't feel that this patch makes me appreciate being hybrid - it makes me think I should have gone pure, undiluted archer or pure melee.

My suggestion would have been not to make all these other archer tweaks, but to have made it impossible to carry more than one quiver. That alone would probably have taken care of the "run and kite indiscriminately without any penalty" feel. I myself only use one quiver because it always felt game-balanced to me in the results of the round and forced me to plan my strategy (yeah, I know, I was never much of a munchkin... I like to not break my games.)

Offline Grand_Master

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I rekt English,that is all that you need to know
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knezevic
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »
31 was retirement level prepatch.  Is it the same now or has it changed?

It's changed now.Now you can retire if you are level 37+

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »
+1
It's changed now.Now you can retire if you are level 37+

No. New Level 35 is the old level 31. So you can retire at level 35 for one LP.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2014, 07:34:18 pm »
+1

Thanks mate.

Offline Grand_Master

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »
+1

Ye,my mistake

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2014, 09:01:14 pm »
Firstly, I've played melee and I've played archer, and they are both hard in different ways. They are different parts of the game. Trying to say one entire class CONCEPT is not worthy and should only be in the game if they aren't allowed to be what they are, most of the time... that's rough. That IS how this patch feels, also - that archers are being told, "Don't exist. If you insist upon existing, it has been ensured that this will be very unpleasant for you, and you really will spend most of your time being a gimped melee class." I trust though that staff is not deliberately doing that, and will reconsider what's happened at some point.
I assume you're referring to my kiting statement. I went 8:0 with 90 score on NA 1 with a mere 4PD, 12 ATH, 4WM build. Four WM archery build. It's better to think of those types of builds as being support. We don't want them to have the killing potential of other classes. We don't want people to have that build and think "I'm playing this to get kills." Just because you aren't getting kills, doesn't mean you aren't supporting your team.

Secondly, I play hybrid all the time these days. I think I have about as solid a hybrid setup as one could have. It still makes me weaker in melee than straight melee, so the tradeoff in melee prowess in order to play low-damage archer for part of the round is not a sensible one at the moment. I don't feel that this patch makes me appreciate being hybrid - it makes me think I should have gone pure, undiluted archer or pure melee.
I haven't played a hybrid archer yet, still testing dedicated builds, so I can't comment too much. I have noticed that on my non stf archer, with 7PS 1 wpf, I was able to hold my own in melee better than I was previously.

My suggestion would have been not to make all these other archer tweaks, but to have made it impossible to carry more than one quiver. That alone would probably have taken care of the "run and kite indiscriminately without any penalty" feel. I myself only use one quiver because it always felt game-balanced to me in the results of the round and forced me to plan my strategy (yeah, I know, I was never much of a munchkin... I like to not break my games.)
We started out with a proposal to make quivers 2 slot, aside from arrows which would remain 1. The problem with this, is that it actually ends up being a larger weight penalty (even if you keep ratios the same). This is because you are never able to drop one of your two quivers to reduce your weight. Instead, even down to the very last arrow, you're stuck bearing the burden of what used to be 2 quivers. This would be even worse for hybrid archers.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Grand_Master

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2014, 09:39:42 pm »
Archers are nerfed,but as long as you have big pd,you can kill.However i could sugest adding more arrows on quiver(10 bodkin arrows are ,well,to little).
Melee is not nerfed,as long as you don't fight on duel servers (lot of spammers,really a LOT).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »
+1
I assume you're referring to my kiting statement. I went 8:0 with 90 score on NA 1 with a mere 4PD, 12 ATH, 4WM build. Four WM archery build. It's better to think of those types of builds as being support. We don't want them to have the killing potential of other classes. We don't want people to have that build and think "I'm playing this to get kills." Just because you aren't getting kills, doesn't mean you aren't supporting your team.
I haven't played a hybrid archer yet, still testing dedicated builds, so I can't comment too much. I have noticed that on my non stf archer, with 7PS 1 wpf, I was able to hold my own in melee better than I was previously.
We started out with a proposal to make quivers 2 slot, aside from arrows which would remain 1. The problem with this, is that it actually ends up being a larger weight penalty (even if you keep ratios the same). This is because you are never able to drop one of your two quivers to reduce your weight. Instead, even down to the very last arrow, you're stuck bearing the burden of what used to be 2 quivers. This would be even worse for hybrid archers.

Hardly any archers ever just drop only 1 quiver in the heat of battle just to move slightly faster - if they drop quiver they drop both and the bow to get away. 

Quoting 1 map where you got a good score is horribly anecdotal - I saw a half dozen of you doing the same thing and going 0-5, 1-4 etc. near the bottom of the scoreboard.  Just because you found one good map and had 1-2 cav or other players protecting you like crazy doesn't mean that archery is fine.  You also get more headshots than the vast majority of archers.  The way you are doing it is the worst way to "prove" your point that is already predetermined (i remember you stating in game this morning "when are archers not gay" - completely obvious how not impartial you are in your attempt to prove what you already decided in your mind about archery), unless you think we should have san test 1h shield determine its way too easy and needs 25% damage reduction or rohy test long mauling and determine it needs 30% speed reduction just becasue they can do amazing with those classes?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2014, 11:20:11 pm »

Hardly any archers ever just drop only 1 quiver in the heat of battle just to move slightly faster - if they drop quiver they drop both and the bow to get away. 

Quoting 1 map where you got a good score is horribly anecdotal - I saw a half dozen of you doing the same thing and going 0-5, 1-4 etc. near the bottom of the scoreboard.
And I stopped reading there. At this point, you're just pulling shit out of your ass. I have nineteen screenshots that say otherwise. When I respecced out of the 4pd build and into the 10pd, I had a 2.3:1 k:d on the character. I'd upload them, but again, it's 19. There are some where I am 8:0, others 3:1 but 90 score, the worst is a mere 1.2:1 k:d. Not that kd matters, because again, I already said 4pd isn't for kd whoring. But more importantly, I'm almost always at the top for score(aka total damage dealt).

chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character