Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 78004 times)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:38 am »
Why's everyone raging on archery so hard. AFAIK it's fine to me. They're trying to force you to take some melee and not RELY on ranged.

Any ETA on hotfixes? Or new item additions? Got three looms but I still haven't seen the krigmesser or possibly new items?

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2014, 08:28:51 am »
+3
Why's everyone raging on archery so hard. AFAIK it's fine to me. They're trying to force you to take some melee and not RELY on ranged.

Any ETA on hotfixes? Or new item additions? Got three looms but I still haven't seen the krigmesser or possibly new items?

Yeah, why would archer class rely on ranged skills when they could be melee... Ridiculous.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:19 am »
Yeah, why would archer class rely on ranged skills when they could be melee... Ridiculous.

Called hybridising. Much the same way melee is told to get shields to counter ranged, now ranged actually has to not rely 100% on ranged.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2014, 10:26:53 am »
Called hybridising. Much the same way melee is told to get shields to counter ranged, now ranged actually has to not rely 100% on ranged.

ranged\melee hybrid ability was gimped already with slot system.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2014, 10:29:33 am »
+3
18 strength, 5IF, wearing the Ranged Leather +3 (30 body armor) and I die with 2-4 random arrows.
That seems fair enough to me.

Right now archers need to actually pick a proper target and aim carefully for it due to less damage on tanks and less arrows. It takes more skill. Skill that is demonstrated by "real" archers like Steevee, Bagge and Algarn (despite Algarn not admitting that he keeps topping the scoreboard often enough).
When a guy moves slow and has high armor, either don't shoot him or you better hit his head. Like it's supposed to be.
When a guy moves really fast and has light armor, that is your target... and he will die in 3-4 proper hits.

Shooting at tanks and then complaining that they actually do tank, contrary to what we had before, does not make sense.

Personally, I don't think that ranged players, including myself as Semi-Xbow, should be able to get valor due to the low-risk that you run as a ranged player.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2014, 10:47:59 am »
Well, I don't give a fuck for valor, nor do I have ability to get it except in cases when I am really lucky, but let's discuss crossbows. Are they still viable as a weapon or not?

I am playing twohander but considering taking xbow for one of my alts.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
Playstyles that can endlessly kite, will not be allowed to have the killing potential of other classes.

What about lancer cavalry?

18 strength, 5IF, wearing the Ranged Leather +3 (30 body armor) and I die with 2-4 random arrows.
That seems fair enough to me.

Right now archers need to actually pick a proper target and aim carefully for it due to less damage on tanks and less arrows. It takes more skill. Skill that is demonstrated by "real" archers like Steevee, Bagge and Algarn (despite Algarn not admitting that he keeps topping the scoreboard often enough).
When a guy moves slow and has high armor, either don't shoot him or you better hit his head. Like it's supposed to be.
When a guy moves really fast and has light armor, that is your target... and he will die in 3-4 proper hits.

Shooting at tanks and then complaining that they actually do tank, contrary to what we had before, does not make sense.

Personally, I don't think that ranged players, including myself as Semi-Xbow, should be able to get valor due to the low-risk that you run as a ranged player.

You can have 30 body armour with overall weight of 3. Doubt that this can be even called Armor. Also I was sure that low tier bows and arrows must have their own niche in this game. Now archery start with Rus or Longbow and bodkins, everything else now is pure heavy-weight decoration.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:49:20 am by Cup1d »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2014, 11:43:41 am »
Well, I don't give a fuck for valor, nor do I have ability to get it except in cases when I am really lucky, but let's discuss crossbows. Are they still viable as a weapon or not?

I am playing twohander but considering taking xbow for one of my alts.
2h would mean only 1 slot for the xbow and 1 slot for bolts, except you take one of those 1h with secondary 2h.
Hunting Xbow does not do a lot of damage but late round, when everyone is wounded, you can pick some off.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2014, 11:46:34 am »
+6
What about lancer cavalry?
If lancer cavalry kites endlessly, it's killing potential is literally zero.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:00 am »
If lancer cavalry kites endlessly, it's killing potential is literally zero.

It has both killing potential and kite ability. Also charge, knockdown and ability to use coachable weapons.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
+1
His point is that unlike Horse Archers, a lancer can't hurt you when it's kiting, it needs to get close to hurt you and risks dying.

If a lancer 'kited endlessly' you'd kick it for delaying and noone could even dispute that to be a fair kick, whereas HAs in theory are still 'fighting' as they do it.

All you need is kite a little to recharge couch timer. This just send us back to Killing Potential argument.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2014, 12:04:53 pm »
+2
And even for couch he has to get close where a HA stays always away.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »
Finally changed my mind about the patch when I went to24/3 on EU1. Accuracy became weird enough to have pin point accuracy with 10PD.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2014, 01:21:49 pm »
Where can we see the amount of XP reaching by level ?
Because I made a mistake in my build and I think I must respec.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2014, 01:36:41 pm »
2h would mean only 1 slot for the xbow and 1 slot for bolts, except you take one of those 1h with secondary 2h.
Hunting Xbow does not do a lot of damage but late round, when everyone is wounded, you can pick some off.

Nah, Arbalest or bust. My point has always been that this should be awesome weapon which can one-shot archers and low armor targets, because you can fire only 5-6 bolts from it in a round. Especially since the patch that made it usable only with 18 STR. However, developers/balancers seem to disagree. I was just wondering if this changed after this patch. And of course I would use the Mace with it.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!