Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 79157 times)

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2014, 07:41:18 pm »
+1
I can't get the 4.01

"repair" option in the launcher helps
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:46 pm »
+9
ranged after patch :

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
+2
Played 27-15 archer and was doing like 20-25 damage against good armor with MW rus bow and bodkins. I don't think you really need 7-8 arrows to kill people with 10 PD. Well, if you don't count missed shots.

With that setup using the damage calculator against "good" armor then you would be doing roughly 15 points of damage a shot (of course with reduced damage 1-2 shots do no damage at all, i.e. glance).  With 27 str 9 ironflesh character you would still take 6 arrows to kill + the 1-2 glancing hits.  Thats 7-8 arrows with expensive bodkins and the nd highest damage bow in the game.  Think about every other bow user and people that dont use bodkins.  Completely redundant damage, tons of glancing shots with very little damage on real hits.  To exclude all bow users other than those using the highest damage bows with the bodkin arrows adn 9-10 powerdraw to even have a below average effective build doesn't come up right.  Even with min-max the limited bodkin ammo equates to running out of ammo after 2 kills and then trying to fight melee in light armor and 0 powerstrike with 0 slot 1her.  There is no reason not to do xbow instead or thrower who didnt receive these hard edge nerfs. People don't even die to difficult to make headshots (unless you use aim hacks, similar to ones used in other games that are currently allowed because too hard to enforce user-side as informed by admins - im looking at you archers talking about how easy headshots are) with the min-max build and gear setups.

many archers like using horn bows or tatar bows or arrows or tatar arrows - now if you use those you are doing 5-7 damage a hit with many glancing shots.  You shouldn't have to min-max your class and be one of the best archers just to be average at best compared to all other classes.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2014, 08:21:28 pm »
+1
I was dealing 16-17 damage with a +3 Bow and +3 Bodkins vs 60 armor with a 24/24 build. Kinda meh. A Long Bow is only going to deal a few points more than that.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »
+2
I've posted this elsewhere somewhere... but now to have effective damage (bodkins vs arrows) I'm losing money hand over fist as archer. Please reduce repair costs.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2014, 09:31:43 pm »
+5
Wait

So how the fuck do archers work?

Like, what stats do what?

Is there a guide or something in the beginner forums?
Thanks to TaleWorlds(how they coded the game), it's ridiculously convoluted and obnoxious(read: BULLSHIT).

Because of the above and following example, there's no good guide available, to my knowledge. Here's a taste of the convolution I just mentioned:

Damage affects maximum reticule size, bow's Power Draw Requirement affects maximum reticule size, Accuracy affects maximum reticule size, Power Draw affects true projectile speed, Projectile Speed stat affects true projectile speed, true projectile speed affects reticule size, wpf affects reticule size reduction, effective damage and reload speed, distance affects effective damage, hit location affects effective damage, speed bonus does apply and thus affects effective damage(was recently reduced). Arrows DO NOT affect maximum reticule size(unfortunately).

Hue

(click to show/hide)

Kesh,

Please stop focusing solely on the number of hits it takes to kill a person of your own choosing. We made changes that caused far more players to start getting IF. This means that more people are choosing to have builds with increased survivability. Just because they take a lot of hits, doesn't mean you can't still 1-3 shot other players. They're still there, they still play, AGI isn't dead. It's no surprise of course that you don't acknowledge this since you recently stated we did nothing but buff agility once again.

Don't forget they buffed agility again

People are sacrificing higher ps/wm for more IF, meaning a lot more people have increased survivability, but not everyone. There are still those that use extremely low amounts of IF, if any at all. This is a change to the meta, not a change to potential. Trying to make it so that the most tanky plate guys (those you're testing against) only require 3 shots to kill, will result in all the other guys getting 1 or 2 shot by even light bows. Don't narrow your focus to situations like that. 15-25 damage is a pretty good amount that is equally on part with lots of melee builds.

Even though melee didn't get damage nerfs across the board, a lot of them did see reductions in effective damage as well as increased number of hits required to kill the average opponent. Of course, a lot of people switched to naturally higher damage output builds, but considering those builds just changes the comparison being made into one that's now irrelevant (a meta change, not a change in potential).

Still, I recently received looms from nessaj that will allow me to test every single bow and arrow combination as I please, whenever I want. That being the case, I plan on doing another in-depth analysis of archery relatively soon.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:35:22 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2014, 09:57:49 pm »
Welp, thanks lol.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Grand_Master

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I rekt English,that is all that you need to know
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knezevic
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2014, 10:09:15 pm »
+1
This patch definetely added spammers.If you are not beleaving me,to to the dueling server.You will know what i mean by spamming.No talk about that.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:12 pm »
Tydeus,
   That was with the best bow and best arrows against plate.  Most archers do less than 5 damage to those same characters with any other type of arrow.  Using my unloomed horn bow and unloomed arrows with an 18-27 build i was shooting people in roughly 40 body armor and getting 0 points because the damage was so low it couldn't even rise to the level of getting 1 point.  Shooting lightly armored people (with looms 40 body armor is basically aketon with low tier gloves) and taking 6-7 arrows to kill them is very unbalanced.

The new meta is 21-24, 18-27 builds with 7 and 6 ironflesh respectively with the high levels now available.  Thats the same survivability as the 27 strength character i was mentioning except with 4 ironflesh.  I wasn't even comparing against people in plate with 13 ironflesh who would have taken 20+ arrows to kill.  It was not selectively choosing.  The typical player has a minimum 50 body armor (often more) thanks to looms and 65+ hitpoints now.  With high PD, +3 bow and +3 bodkins thats 4-5 arrows to kill the average player (not even the super tanks).  The real problem is if you don't use the absolute min-max of the class and actually want to use different arrows and bows and lower powerdraw it becomes 7-8 arrows to kill an average player in-game if not more.

Basically I just build an agility melee character that runs around and 1-2 shots all the archers who are the only ones on battlefield wearing truly light armor (less than 40).  Last couple days just farming valour off archers and they can't do anything about it because they do almost no damage to my character and usually will miss anyway since high agility characters are good counter to archers - its very easy to dodge archers' shots with high athletics.

To put in a  good melee comparison - my 27-21 1h no shield using mw nordic war sword with 34 cut - I swing once kill a donkey, swing twice kill the rider, swing a 3rd time time kill another donkey and swing a 4th time kill a donkey rider - 35 points in score for damage.  With 6 PD, MW horn bow normal arrows (27 cut), I shoot 10 arrows (almost half my quiver) into various people usually about 2-3 in any given person, 0 kills, 8 score. THIS IS UNBALANCED!

P.S.  i would prefer anyone but Tydeus look into archery as he does not appear impartial from his various posts and he has a history of wrecking actual item balance with anything he changes.  I'm not looking to be OP, I'm just looking to have actual balance in comparison with other classes and not be a primarily useless class like a pitchfork wielding 1 powerstrike peasant.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:16:53 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2014, 10:27:10 pm »
Many items are still invisible.

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2014, 10:39:27 pm »
+2
Please bring back the invincible plated charger so I can do a lvl 37 build that's 33/15 or 36/15.
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2014, 10:48:15 pm »
+1
Tydeus,
   That was with the best bow and best arrows against plate.  Most archers do less than 5 damage to those same characters with any other type of arrow.  Using my unloomed horn bow and unloomed arrows with an 18-27 build i was shooting people in roughly 40 body armor and getting 0 points because the damage was so low it couldn't even rise to the level of getting 1 point.  Shooting lightly armored people (with looms 40 body armor is basically aketon with low tier gloves) and taking 6-7 arrows to kill them is very unbalanced.

The new meta is 21-24, 18-27 builds with 7 and 6 ironflesh respectively with the high levels now available.  Thats the same survivability as the 27 strength character i was mentioning except with 4 ironflesh.  I wasn't even comparing against people in plate with 13 ironflesh who would have taken 20+ arrows to kill.  It was not selectively choosing.  The typical player has a minimum 50 body armor (often more) thanks to looms and 65+ hitpoints now.  With high PD, +3 bow and +3 bodkins thats 4-5 arrows to kill the average player (not even the super tanks).  The real problem is if you don't use the absolute min-max of the class and actually want to use different arrows and bows and lower powerdraw it becomes 7-8 arrows to kill an average player in-game if not more.

Basically I just build an agility melee character that runs around and 1-2 shots all the archers who are the only ones on battlefield wearing truly light armor (less than 40).  Last couple days just farming valour off archers and they can't do anything about it because they do almost no damage to my character and usually will miss anyway since high agility characters are good counter to archers - its very easy to dodge archers' shots with high athletics.

To put in a  good melee comparison - my 27-21 1h no shield using mw nordic war sword with 34 cut - I swing once kill a donkey, swing twice kill the rider, swing a 3rd time time kill another donkey and swing a 4th time kill a donkey rider - 35 points in score for damage.  With 6 PD, MW horn bow normal arrows (27 cut), I shoot 10 arrows (almost half my quiver) into various people usually about 2-3 in any given person, 0 kills, 8 score. THIS IS UNBALANCED!

P.S.  i would prefer anyone but Tydeus look into archery as he does not appear impartial from his various posts and he has a history of wrecking actual item balance with anything he changes.  I'm not looking to be OP, I'm just looking to have actual balance in comparison with other classes and not be a primarily useless class like a pitchfork wielding 1 powerstrike peasant.

alot of 27/18 with 2 IF iS going aswell
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2014, 11:08:42 pm »
+1

That was with the best bow and best arrows against plate. 
Best bow and arrow against best armor.
You are the kind of person that complains when losing with scissors against a rock when playing rock-paper-scissors...
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2014, 11:37:07 pm »
+1
Apparently horse ranged keep their speed on the duel server  :P

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #284 on: October 22, 2014, 12:37:55 am »
+2
Apparently horse ranged keep their speed on the duel server  :P

HA best strat class :D.

There is no sight in my third eye