Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 78943 times)

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2014, 02:00:54 am »
These arrows better have nigga long arrowheads, going from 15 arrows at 7lbs, to 10 arrows at 9.5lbs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2014, 02:19:07 am »
+1
San: Horse ranged max speed reduced to 80%

Is it because of this maybe? I have War Darts equipped. Does this make me a horse ranged and slow the hell out of my donkey? I already suffer from the unnecessary War Dart nerf. A speed reduction on my donkey is just the icing on the cake.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:33 am »
+2
Is it because of this maybe? I have War Darts equipped. Does this make me a horse ranged and slow the hell out of my donkey? I already suffer from the unnecessary War Dart nerf. A speed reduction on my donkey is just the icing on the cake.
I find it weirdly hilarious how you complain about your donkey being slowed down by your war darts. I mean you're right about this, but it still does sound really funny.  :)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2014, 02:43:46 am »
+1
https://0b176db51ec327b013e6b005fde2cca145eb9267.googledrive.com/host/0Bzs1vJv0tQLHZ3AwLUQ0Tkt0djg/calc.html

San, is this actually accurate?  Getting 76.1 less wpf from having 9 powerdraw so 170 wpf becomes 96 and thats before any armor wpf reduction.  Since you need 13*powerdraw in wpf to make use of your given powerdraw, your actual effective powerdraw drops to 7, which means effective powerdraws of 9 or 10 impossible.  From what I understood of this patch strength archers would still be effective despite the numerous buffs to agility in this patch and previous ones (IF requirement really doesn't do anything except make you wear lighter armor, which you should be doing as archer anyway).

San - any word on this?  Are strength archers nerfed or is the calculator inaccurate?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2014, 02:44:51 am »
+1
I find it weirdly hilarious how you complain about your donkey being slowed down by your war darts. I mean you're right about this, but it still does sound really funny.  :)

That is what drives me mad :D

I am talking about two very modest pieces of equipment here. And out of everything else, these suffer. I mean I have never QQ'ed about a patch, but this is too much. Why you guys demolishing my small world of fun?

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2014, 02:59:09 am »
+5

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:34 am »
+3
San - any word on this?  Are strength archers nerfed or is the calculator inaccurate?

Strength archers are buffed. The 96 is from the PD reduction, no need to apply it twice. Strength archers before would've had ~40-50 after it before with lower level builds.

The old armor penalty for ranged was ((Effective weight - 10)^1.12 ) * 2.5, which hurt strength archers the most. The new one is based off your original wpf, 1.5x the melee penalty, and changing 10 to the new threshold. The penalty is overall lower than the old one. If you have 170 wpf, 10 effective weight now gives you a 17 wpf penalty when before it would've been 25. 139 wpf, typical for a strength archer, would have a 14wpf penalty. So if you're ranged, don't be afraid to grab some IF and wear medium-light armor.

It's good to remember that 1 point in PD increases your accuracy by the equivalent of 20wpf, the reason for the PD penalty. The -3 damage from bows also essentially gave them +2 accuracy, so they're even more accurate now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:12:36 am by San »

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2014, 03:36:25 am »
+1
oh, another "fuck the archers" patch. Who would have guessed.

dearest archers, please forgive my sins
for i feel no one else will
thou shalt burn the ones who nerfeth thou
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:25 am »
+2
Strength archers are buffed. The 96 is from the PD reduction, no need to apply it twice. Strength archers before would've had ~40-50 after it before with lower level builds.

The old armor penalty for ranged was ((Effective weight - 10)^1.12 ) * 2.5, which hurt strength archers the most. The new one is based off your original wpf, 1.5x the melee penalty, and changing 10 to the new threshold. The penalty is overall lower than the old one. If you have 170 wpf, 10 effective weight now gives you a 17 wpf penalty when before it would've been 25. 139 wpf, typical for a strength archer, would have a 14wpf penalty. So if you're ranged, don't be afraid to grab some IF and wear medium-light armor.

It's good to remember that 1 point in PD increases your accuracy by the equivalent of 20wpf, the reason for the PD penalty. The -3 damage from bows also essentially gave them +2 accuracy, so they're even more accurate now.

Thank you.  So if I do a  30-18 archer with 10 powerdraw and 155 wpf wearing armor effectively less than the 10 weight threshold (str/3) - even though it says 79 effective wpf from the powerdraw nerf it will feel more like 155 wpf because the powerdraw is adding wpf or even higher since 20 per powerdraw would be equivalent to shooting like 200 wpf.

Also, would having 10 ironflesh give a 20 weight threshold for archers with weight before any reduction in wpf?  Or is it different for ranged other than once the threshold is reached they get 1.5x the penalty melee does.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:44:15 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2014, 04:52:50 am »
+3
Thank you.  So if I do a  30-18 archer with 10 powerdraw and 155 wpf wearing armor effectively less than the 10 weight threshold (str/3) - even though it says 79 effective wpf from the powerdraw nerf it will feel more like 155 wpf because the powerdraw is adding wpf or even higher since 20 per powerdraw would be equivalent to shooting like 200 wpf.

Also, would having 10 ironflesh give a 20 weight threshold for archers with weight before any reduction in wpf?  Or is it different for ranged other than once the threshold is reached they get 1.5x the penalty melee does.

Kesh, let me know when you've worked out best new archer build, and what it is. K, thanks bai.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2014, 05:20:29 am »
yay things I asked for happened, yay things I wanted to happen happened. Hopefully it works!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:09 am »
I'm kinda disappointed that I calmly read this thread looking clarification  HT changes rather than shitposting in allcaps about how my alt's class is dead.

What's the point of the internet if you aren't raging?

Offline Merz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2014, 05:43:31 am »
I have 8 characters 2 of them are archers, one of them uses full plate, and 2 champion horses; ya nerfed my hard on pretty much all my characters equipment that I would use I only get 1 exchange, I traded in a horse and that's all I could do in order to get my archer back up to spec.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2014, 06:16:14 am »
+1

It'll still be decently accurate, but of course it'll be slower since PD only affects accuracy (and maybe missile speed?) and not draw speed. 10IF would indeed give you a 20 weight threshold. 2.5 weight helmet, 10 weight body, 2 weight boots, 0.5 weight gloves: 5+10+2+3, no wpf penalty. Ends up being a very strong build, with somewhat poor mobility. You can tank other archer's attacks (agi builds deal less damage). 3 less strength and you can hybridize quite well with melee.

I'm kinda disappointed that I calmly read this thread looking clarification  HT changes rather than shitposting in allcaps about how my alt's class is dead.

What's the point of the internet if you aren't raging?

The 15 damage cap is going to be removed for HT/HX. Not sure if I can get the 20% damage reduction removed unfortunately.

Offline Merz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:35 am »
+1
THANK YOU ITEM TEAM

I don't think I got any though :(