Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 82657 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2014, 10:55:53 pm »
You basically explained the whole patch in a post. Can't do better than it, except having better english.

I'm curious about why Tydeus&co did nerf destroy the shit out of archery knowing everyone was getting more agi to dodge arrows/more strength to stack them up into plate armor. I even go mercy for melee cav, jesus, never happenned before.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2014, 11:01:36 pm »
+10
Yes, yes... Archery dead... Again... For the 12th time destroyed... Now for real... Same for cav...

Next Friday archers are back to being top 5 of the server and cav farming valor. Business as usual...

You gotta love patch day  :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Night_Wish

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »
I would love to see the max horse range damage increased. 15 just seems a little low.. I mean, don't make horse archers as strong as they once were, but at least make it so the class is semi playable.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:06:45 pm by Night_Wish »

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2014, 11:06:16 pm »
+1
Yes, yes... Archery dead... Again... For the 12th time destroyed... Now for real... Same for cav...

Next Friday archers are back to being top 5 of the server and cav farming valor. Business as usual...

You gotta love patch day  :lol:

I dare you to post a screenshot of you reaching a 0.5:1 k/d as archer past 100 kills. Not even 1:1, I'm asking to see half of it, because I'm almost sure you can't even reach it, no offense at all. This is also adressed to all dicktards saying archery is OP after this patch.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »
+9
You're right, I won't be able to cuz I'll never stoop so low to create a fucking archer character. It's the most boring thing in the whole game...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:09 pm »
+4
If you consider trying to escape from a gank when being chased by 5 guys with 8 athl, trying to kill people with 30/40 wpf in melee and a short sword, shooting 6PD bows and actually hitting something, shooting a guy 5 times or more to make him die not requiring any skill, then, you're right, it's fucking no skill class for complete noobs and begineers. That's basically why anyone can take a bow and top the scoreboard with better ratio than pro melee players.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:19 pm »
LOL I haven't played this in a few months and your "revival" patch ruins archery and Cavalry. The only 2 classes I enjoy playing on EU servers with my clan.

PROBLEM WITH RANGED ISN'T RANGED IT IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN LACK OF TEAMPLAY. INSTEAD OF NERFING BUILDS AND CLASSES PROMOTE TEAMPLAY. GOOD DAY DEAD MOD.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2014, 11:19:51 pm »
+1
So, horse throwers get the 20% speed reduction even if they dont carry throwable items?. How does that make sense?. So i have to remove my horse archery's points in my horse thrower hybrid  so it doesnt get the speed penalty?. Is that?. Would make more sense if it checked for the ammo items and nerfed you only while you carried them. SO lame.. as my 15/18 riding thrower was Op or something before...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:24:25 pm by Trikipum »
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2014, 11:24:14 pm »
Thinking of changing the 20% speed reduction to only once you have a ranged weapon in your inventory, but I'm not sure. At the time, I was looking at a different file where implementing it that way was too convoluted.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2014, 11:26:29 pm »
Thinking of changing the 20% speed reduction to only once you have a ranged weapon in your inventory, but I'm not sure. At the time, I was looking at a different file where implementing it that way was too convoluted.
Ohh, you posted that while edited my post saying the same thing. That would make sense and would allow me to have a proper working hybrid, otherwise i will forced to trash it. Since its not even funny going around int he horse at such speed trying melee. I get you did this to avoid horse archers running away from other riders when they try hunting them. Seems a good idea but the reduction speed is just too much. For balance purposes the "only nerf when ammo" would do a lot of sense. The nerf is so bad your horse wont enter in "third speed" (loud fast footsteep) sounds at riding 7 if you have horse archery skill.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:31:08 pm by Trikipum »
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Night_Wish

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2014, 11:27:30 pm »

Could you also increase the horse archer damage to cap at like 20? 15 is far too low, you hit almost nothing on people in armour as a horse archer

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2014, 11:34:08 pm »
Could you also increase the horse archer damage to cap at like 20? 15 is far too low, you hit almost nothing on people in armour as a horse archer
Oh, the cap is also for javelins and similars?. Wow, what a way to destroy a build. So im using 40 damage weapons from a horse (more speed) to get them capped at 15 damage yes or yes?. Is it like that?. I understand balance but hell, did you ever try javelins from horseback with wpf 120?. I can tell you its not exactly easy, and making their damage the same than HA is just lame. I guess this is the end of funny hybrids.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2014, 11:35:29 pm »
+1
Cap should only be for HA when I asked Tydeus.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2014, 11:43:05 pm »
I'm unable to find servers since patch on all characters except one, who had favorites selected. If I press Internet on that character, it wont find any either. Any help please :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2014, 11:47:25 pm »
Riding a donkey makes you only a little bit faster than a walker now. Was that really necessary too? They aren't used by cav. They are just cheap transportation mediums. Please revert that too.