Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 79058 times)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »
Albeit it could have been sooner, maybe 6 months to a year (absolute max a year though imho) -- it simply have not been possible until now.

We've tried a lot of times to get something big together but it always fell flat on it's head and we had to settle for much less, first now with the additions to the cRPG team of Panuru, Matt2507, Senni_Ti and Huscarlton_Banks -- together with San/Tydeus and all the guys donating their items and time for feedpack/advice etc (Thanks cassia, daruviuan, jona, blackbow, _Tak_, cFlames & Battlepriest, apologies if I forgot someone) -- we've been able to push something like this ahead within reasonable time. It takes a lot of manpower and a lot of hours and so far all the volunteers who tried bailed out and usually without a word :cry: leaving a lot of stuff unfinished that then had to be reworked on top of the original "job". We (MBG devs) also took out a chunk of time off from MBG to discuss these changes and see them through, time that could have been spent developing MBG.

We'll continue to monitor the effects of this patch of course, work out the kinks and issues and hopefully even improve it for the better as we see how everything comes together after a couple of weeks.
I'm personally not 100% happy, there's still some things that needs a kick in the butt in terms of fiddling and tweaking 8-) but overall I'm having fun, much more fun than previously!

You're the man Cooties.

I was trying archery with my stf lvl 35 now of course, with 24/24 build, 8 WM 8 PD and 4 PS, and I must say, even though I didn't ask people, I was making pretty good damage, I think archers shouldn't complain to too much and just click with the right build :)

Indeed. Personally I always go for the headshots as they are the most rewarding shots. High risk sometimes perhaps, but high reward.

I prefer 18 str and higher agility as accuracy is more important than pure damage (10+ PD etc).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:02:08 pm by bagge »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Mr Potato

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2014, 04:16:31 pm »
You're the man Cooties.

Indeed. Personally I always go for the headshots as they are the most rewarding shots. High risk sometimes perhaps, but high reward.

I prefer 18 str and higher agility as accuracy is more important than pure damage (10+ PD etc).

Yep :) If you have time try 24/24 with your stf, you'd be surprise, is very very accurate. Before I retired for good a couple of month ago my dedicated archer Potato, I had 18/24 build, for the higher accuracy. But now after trying 24/24, for some reason, it seems to get better accuracy. Might be just me though that I havent play archer in while and maybe don't remember very well hehe

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »
Yeah, gonna give it a go!
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2014, 04:37:17 pm »
1h cav seems to be doing even more damage now :(

I am using the most strength and IF right now compared to the last 2 years. Rarely was I one shot, now I am only one shot :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2014, 04:42:21 pm »
+2
Are people quitting because they cannot have that huge level advantage anymore?

Impossible. It's a good patch, and in addition before fine tuning (2h hard lel). With free respecs no one is tied to useless build, and alts are just as good as the main. Now everyone can easily find a good build, make mistakes without consequences, and most importantly, more easily kill boredom through diversity.

This patch revived cRPG for me and I found a lot of fun as 2h hero, but ofc my Arabian Warhorse is slow and too delicate so mod ist tot hehe
Devs +100 but fine tuning please. Do not make us wait two months before someone kindly insert new items icons, balance very soon, even if with mistake etc etc

I see here huge profit that devs can now frequently change something in settings, and we can quickly and without crying adapt to the new situation. Everything is better than stagnation. Just awesome.

BTW. We again killed strat (opponents). Reset please.

Viva la revolucion kurwa mać!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2014, 04:43:32 pm »
Could you tell Algarn?

I've my own opinions about  the patch, and they are here despite the fact I often end up with a good ratio and a lot of points. I just imaginate how hard it is to be level 35 as archer.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2014, 05:17:05 pm »
+1
Tested it on strat battle too - 10 PD with 155 wpf MW longbow and MW bodkins arrows - doing 1/3rd the damage of melee players, next to no kills - takes 7-8 arrows to kill anyone without a headshot.  You need to check your code, foot archers were underpowered before the patch now they are pretty useless.  Pretty much any class can do significantly more damage in the same amount of time, get better K/D, and more score.

To test it out, I was doing the absolute MAXIMUM of damage an archer can do with that setup and it takes 7-8 arrows to kill people, so much worse for archers that dont want to do min-max build.  I can literally switch to melee with 0 powerstrike on that same character and do more damage and get a higher score - that's broken.  Or try and use anything but MW longbow or bodkins.  Normal arrows useless - dont even do enough damage to get 1 point in score.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:38:35 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »
Shushems
I don't know enough

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:25 pm »
No, higher pd doesn't make them deal more damage (more than just 1 or 2 %, unless they're low not near the max pd their bow allows), but stacking more wpf does, sadly(thanks TaleWorlds).

Wait

So how the fuck do archers work?

Like, what stats do what?

Is there a guide or something in the beginner forums?
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »
Well, I really like this patch, but there are warning errors galore, and the kalzbalger wont even show up in game, its a map marker; of course there is some balancing to do and... someone check out the irish sword graphics, its kind of nutty. Good patch though, really guys.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
Why the 'Scottish' in Scottish Halberd, btw? Even if the model is based on a Scottish find this is as far as I know a common European type likely of North Italian, Swiss or German descent.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2014, 06:52:54 pm »
+1
Guys, seriously I don't want to keep bitching about it on and on but could you please fix the fucking donkeys? They are already slow as hell. And they only serve as transportation mounts. What is the point of giving them a 20% speed penalty too? Can you even imagine ranged effectively benefiting from a donkey?

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »
After the patch I cant add my boulder anymore to the armoury...

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #268 on: October 21, 2014, 07:10:23 pm »
+2
Tested it on strat battle too - 10 PD with 155 wpf MW longbow and MW bodkins arrows - doing 1/3rd the damage of melee players, next to no kills - takes 7-8 arrows to kill anyone without a headshot.  You need to check your code, foot archers were underpowered before the patch now they are pretty useless.  Pretty much any class can do significantly more damage in the same amount of time, get better K/D, and more score.

To test it out, I was doing the absolute MAXIMUM of damage an archer can do with that setup and it takes 7-8 arrows to kill people, so much worse for archers that dont want to do min-max build.  I can literally switch to melee with 0 powerstrike on that same character and do more damage and get a higher score - that's broken.  Or try and use anything but MW longbow or bodkins.  Normal arrows useless - dont even do enough damage to get 1 point in score.
Played 27-15 archer and was doing like 20-25 damage against good armor with MW rus bow and bodkins. I don't think you really need 7-8 arrows to kill people with 10 PD. Well, if you don't count missed shots.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »
I can't get the 4.01