Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 79050 times)

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #240 on: October 21, 2014, 05:55:35 am »
+4
pike still doesn't have crushthrough stabthrough, what a bad patch.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #241 on: October 21, 2014, 06:19:49 am »
pike still doesn't have crushthrough stabthrough, what a bad patch.

With a % chance for knockdown on ball shots.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2014, 07:28:22 am »
+2
Thx for the patch, like most stuff even tho my class was killed  :mrgreen:

Looove the new Samurai armors thx for that, fix helmets soon plox.

Love, Prpavi.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline andreakarasho

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _ReaL_DeaL_ - Macrone_Legionarivs
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2014, 08:08:46 am »
Crossbowman kills warhorse with 2/3 bolts.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2014, 08:40:12 am »
I got 2 buffs out of this. They properly appreciated the Old Round Shield and the Hatchet. Thank you chadz, but you still owe me that duel.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2014, 08:48:43 am »
Jesus your reading comprehension is abysmal. I agreed with 1/2 of your post and you for some reason can't figure that out. Here, let me appeal to your ego so that you might actually listen.

Kesh you are right. But only about pd not helping after you reach 5. The rest of your post is wrong. Again, you're right about the PD stuff, just wrong on the mechanics of wpf. WPF's affects on damage depend on how much PS/PT/PD you have, and exactly how much wpf you have. 100 > 110 is not the same as 150>160. Furthermore, the 1 pd bow isn't really of too much importance (it shouldn't be competitive with the others) as it's really only there for strat and low levels.

Jeeze, no need to get butthurt and act insulting - act like you are a responsible item manager.  Still can't believe someone like you is in charge of item balance with shit like this  "Furthermore, the 1 pd bow isn't really of too much importance (it shouldn't be competitive with the others) as it's really only there for strat and low levels." - so that justifies reducing damage of one of the lowest damage weapons in the game by roughly 15% (23 to 20). 

People do play other builds other than min-maxing like you tydeus.  Some of us actually enjoy using the nomad bows and the short bows even though we don't get high scores or kills because we don't want to only do the min-max build that you always do after catering your item "balance" to suit your agility and balanced builds.  You were an 18-24 archer now 21-21 - we get it, the concept of having fun doing a silly build like 3-42 or 9-24 is completely alien to you.  But when you wreck entire builds simply because its "not important" to you while buffing your own builds, it shows exactly why many in this community feel you are definitely not the person to be in charge of item balance.

23 cut short bow will never even remotely be OP, same goes with the nomad and hunting bows with similar stats.  Dedicated (not hybrid) foot archery has been the most under-powered role on normal battle server in this game for a long time.  It takes the highest level of all classes before becoming remotely effective, its the hardest class to get valour with, and it does the least amount of damage of any class (getting 0 points fairly common with multiple hits because so little damage, in comparison my 1h no shield got 35 points killing 2 donkey riders).  Its the most vulnerable ranged class with the lightest armor.  Slower than guys running in full plate thanks to how much arrows weigh.  The last thing that class needed was another damage nerf while already being the lowest damage, weakest class in the game.

Can I get a response from someone in the dev team that actually respects the playerbase and isnt doing his position solely to buff his own builds? 

P.S.  Please revert the tydeus changes of last 6 months to make agility balanced builds more in line with strength builds instead of being over-powered.  Some of that was done this patch, but more would be appreciated.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:52:11 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2014, 10:36:08 am »
+8
Jesus Freaking  Nipples,  what a broken record.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #247 on: October 21, 2014, 11:01:12 am »
+7
I just wanted to say to all the guys who put their hours into this patch:

Thank you very much, that was really nice work! If your intention was to get back a few players you certainly got me hooked again! Teamspeak yesterday evening was as full as when Byzantium and Nords merged (means 15-20 players in the channel). It was a very fun night and I very much appreciate your work.

My two cents on the patch:
Before you keep reverting everything and nerf into the ground again, please let the patch "sink in" for a few weeks and then start to balance.
One of my favourite things so far: Speedier (or shorter through high PS)  fights. Through balancing and nerfs crpg got slower and slower through the years until it was only 0.75 as fast as Native. And with the climbing skill of players fights got a little bit boring. Just duel on a Native server to see what i mean. The new speed (or strength) brings back - at least for me - some of the thrill in fighting.

Love it.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:12:51 am by BlameMeForTheNoise »

Offline Grand_Master

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I rekt English,that is all that you need to know
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knezevic
« Reply #248 on: October 21, 2014, 12:25:12 pm »
No head armor fits well with Glided Rus Scale Armor.Please make one (why not Glided Litchina Helmet !?!? )

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »
+7
Id like to add thanks as well to devs.

Imaginative and different. Yeah its faster and probably not as noob friendly as intended, maybe just adding 25% to strength requirment of all weapons will prevent high level agi proliferation.

As for ranged, archery versus x bow seems very unbalanced. A dedicated archer should own an x bower not the other way round. Bolts seem to still take 50-100% of life, some arrows seem to do 5%.

As for old time lvl 35-36 ers, now lvl 38 or so, you still have a significant edge on most of the server just not as much as you did so QQing about how guys can now hurt you rather than you ignoring their hits isnt going to elicit sympathy from most.

If you look at announcements every patch is greeted by howls of Im quitting etc, this one has a consensus of good effort around the howls which is unusual. When people hark back to the days of spending ages following a high level tank around as he slaughtered peasants I believe if the mod had stayed that way it would have died years ago.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »
+10
Are people quitting because they cannot have that huge level advantage anymore?

I tried out some archery and it didn't seem that bad. Ended up 85/20 after a few maps, even though I'm rusty as fuck and cannot block.

Very nice patch, it was probably needed like 1-2 years ago, but as Chasey said: "better late than never". People oughta be grateful that the developers still finds the time to mod and make cRPG better as they are working with a complete new game.

Cheers
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
[...]
I tried out some archery and it didn't seem that bad. Ended up 85/20 after a few maps, even though I'm rusty as fuck and cannot block.
[...]
Could you tell Algarn?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 21, 2014, 03:36:46 pm »
+3
Thank you for another sensible patch guys, it was a good move.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2014, 03:48:31 pm »
+11
it was probably needed like 1-2 years ago.

Albeit it could have been sooner, maybe 6 months to a year (absolute max a year though imho) -- it simply have not been possible until now.

We've tried a lot of times to get something big together but it always fell flat on it's head and we had to settle for much less, first now with the additions to the cRPG team of Panuru, Matt2507, Senni_Ti and Huscarlton_Banks -- together with San/Tydeus and all the guys donating their items and time for feedpack/advice etc (Thanks cassia, daruviuan, jona, blackbow, _Tak_, cFlames & Battlepriest, apologies if I forgot someone) -- we've been able to push something like this ahead within reasonable time. It takes a lot of manpower and a lot of hours and so far all the volunteers who tried bailed out and usually without a word :cry: leaving a lot of stuff unfinished that then had to be reworked on top of the original "job". We (MBG devs) also took out a chunk of time off from MBG to discuss these changes and see them through, time that could have been spent developing MBG.

We'll continue to monitor the effects of this patch of course, work out the kinks and issues and hopefully even improve it for the better as we see how everything comes together after a couple of weeks.
I'm personally not 100% happy, there's still some things that needs a kick in the butt in terms of fiddling and tweaking 8-) but overall I'm having fun, much more fun than previously!
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Mr Potato

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 21, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »
I was trying archery with my stf lvl 35 now of course, with 24/24 build, 8 WM 8 PD and 4 PS, and I must say, even though I didn't ask people, I was making pretty good damage, I think archers shouldn't complain to too much and just click with the right build :)