Author Topic: Map Rotation  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Map Rotation
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »
Bariyye and Pueblo Village are already in the "To remove" list in that other thread.
Any idea when those changes will happen to the servers?

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 09:58:01 pm »
+2
I'll help daruvian since we are best friends !!!
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »
Bariyye and Pueblo Village are already in the "To remove" list in that other thread.
Any idea when those changes will happen to the servers?
Removed them now from the rotation, still takes a server restart though. I intended to do the entire thing much quicker, but then I had some places to be and university was starting, so it's mostly pending except for simple removals and additions. Those are easy. Removed Burning of the Ships, Pueblo Village, Prison Riot, Barriye and Rivendell. Added Domremy, Citadel Ruins and Covered Crossing.

I'll help daruvian since we are best friends !!!
In that case you should read this thread for some other NA's input, because I doubt your desire for even more city maps will be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:54:30 pm by Teeth »

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2014, 11:03:18 pm »
+2
What module are you using for mapping that you spawn with that gear? It's best to use a copied cRPG module because there are a bunch of additional props you can use. Mapping guide is your friend.

http://forum.melee.org/scene-editing/peasant_woman%27s-simple-and-easy-guide-to-making-a-playable-map-for-crpg/

I was messing around in Native, and I cannot even find the file for Native ruins, so this map essentially doesn't exist, but I'll follow that guide when I'm home. I was following a guide I found on YouTube a year or two ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2014, 12:44:26 am »
Removed them now from the rotation, still takes a server restart though. I intended to do the entire thing much quicker, but then I had some places to be and university was starting, so it's mostly pending except for simple removals and additions. Those are easy. Removed Burning of the Ships, Pueblo Village, Prison Riot, Barriye and Rivendell. Added Domremy, Citadel Ruins and Covered Crossing.
In that case you should read this thread for some other NA's input, because I doubt your desire for even more city maps will be much appreciated.

Indeed I disagree with him. I think city maps are for NA 2.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2014, 12:47:40 am »
+2
I see where you are coming from with a cavalry build ;)
But to be fair half city maps half open plains/village would be nice.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2014, 04:24:27 am »
Personally I feel that city maps should only be included in the NA_1 rotation (with exceptions of course for maps that are "fun"/community desired, and for the sake of variety) if they don't have a lot of stairs, ladders, and inclines/declines that are impossible for cavalry players to work with.

I think if you want a majority of the maps to be cities/towns then you should simply go to NA_2 and use the game mode created with that in mind instead of insisting the only place cavalry can play in should be a. 50% or less often thing. That's not to say that we shouldn't have "bad cav maps" on NA_1, it's just that I feel it's disingenuous to have cavalry as a class but then have the "Battle" server filled with maps that are cities. If I only have 15 minutes to play before I have to shower for work and I get on NA_1 hyped to play cavalry and get two maps in a row that are absolutely impossible to play cavalry on, that's just a big middle finger to the player. That's not to say that I feel cavalry are currently being treated unfairly. The following picture is an example of a map I requested Teeth remove and it looks like he's following up on my advice.

(click to show/hide)

It's an NA_1 map that doesn't even pretend to allow cavalry to play. Within 10s of running from spawn on either team you hit stairs that horses cannot climb. Then another set of stairs like that... and another. It's ridiculous. AS A COUNTERPOINT TO THIS, I feel that there are town/city maps that are poor for cavalry and better for other classes, but at least they aren't a big middle finger to the horsecock like that map.

I'm not saying we need to make it all open villages surrounded by boring fields and hills, or just random plains maps, while outlawing cities... we need variety.

I guess this really just goes to show how much bias has to be considered when appointing someone in charge of maps.

edit: and now im going to the bar and getting drunk again

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2014, 04:30:34 am »
Most of your builds are cav, therefore, more claustrophobic city maps are needed.  Mount and Blade more like foot and pike

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2014, 05:32:52 am »
+2
We can make a city type of map that doesnt include stairs. Ill draw one up tomorrow