Author Topic: Attn: NA Siege Bros  (Read 7948 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Attn: NA Siege Bros
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »
+3
Or just join NA1 since siege is an inferior game mode (lol "team death match where lives mean nothing") with inferior maps.  One life per round makes everything you do that much more important.

Or we could play a TEAM-based OBJECTIVE mode, instead of bro-loving time-trolling cav & HA shit fest mode

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:09 am »
+3
I'm more than decent on battle but it's boring watching others play for 5 mins when you die to the occasional lucky shot.  Siege at least keeps it interesting most of the time. 

And I agree almost completely on the maps and points brought up by Tanken and Jona.  I'll only add that NA's usually small population would probably work better with the smaller/medium sized maps 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:25:28 am by gallonigher »

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »
+1
And for the love of god, tell us all which one of your several completely different names you prefer to go by... is it ted? kwhy? miss___? I never had any idea that all the Miss_____ characters were the same guy as ted until I saw your forum post a while back.

kwhy for whatever reason has been my gamer tag on xbox and steam for a long time, but since I play on the Ted build more lately it might be best to use Ted...or "hey retard" works as well  :mrgreen:

Yeah, that was a surprise to me as well. For some reason I was always intimidated by Ted, but didn't see MissBEND as a big threat (hope it's not subconscious sexism; I don't consciously even notice the gender of characters). Or maybe Ted is higher level with a better build or something. Anyway, glad to see you posting here Ted/whatever you want to be called; I always enjoy fighting with/against you in-game.

I cycle thru them all as  I level up to 31-33 which I then retire for looms and move onto another build/char.  All generation 3 except for BENDaKNEE which is at 8 and LLpewJ which hasn't even hit 31 yet (damn u archers).  I ran Ted up to 33 1/4 recently which is highest I've been level wise so far.

Ted's a semi str 21-18 build (31 1/2 right now) 2H

missBENDaKNEE (2H hybrid axe thrower usually) -> I like playing this build, but get ass handed to me all the time.   Phew picks on her a lot with his shield :)

missANGY (2H/1H hybrid str build) -> shes just angry all the time

missAGAIN (pole/1h I think right now)

LLpewJ (first archer attempt...major fail so far, but might spend some time on it just to try)

I always enjoy fighting with/against you in-game.

to Phew and all....thanks for all the deaths and and fun times in game so far. 

This is the one reason I like Siege mode is because it allows players to really ramp up skills and try out different builds which would be near impossible to do only in Battle.   

I personally like both Battle and Siege modes and its a shame there just isn't a lot of love for them both.

Para's maps he wanted added (his pic links are broken):

quick_battle_scene_4:
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_scene_5
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_7
(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_2
(click to show/hide)

I'll load it up and add pics to the list today.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2014, 10:57:55 pm »
+1
heres the quotes with pics...

quick_battle_scene_4:
One of the best classic maps that I never understood why it was removed from the rotation.  A small map, but offers a ton of non-stop action. Defenders have to focus on blocking the siege tower and side ladder in the beginning, once the tower landing is overtaken by the attackers and the gate is opened, the defenders can fall back and defend the flag area. The flag area is big enough to allow a good deal of group combat while still keeping things interesting for both teams.

(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_scene_5 - This one is more geared toward archers, both on the front wall defending the oncoming siege tower and the flag area being on the ground below the castle walls. Use of the chokepoints on the front of the walls is necessary to hold off the quick reinforcements of the attackers. Once the attackers take over the front landing, the fighting becomes more centric in the flag area, which allows for large group fights.

(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_7 - Another small map with a use for every class. Infantry secure the tower landing and open the side gate, allowing for cav to come in and support the flag area. Archers also have a clear shot on the flag area from the walls. The flag area offers for more chaotic group fights.

(click to show/hide)

quick_battle_2 - This map caters more to cav than any other siege map out there. Once the attackers overcome the wall defenders, giant open field battles can occur in the massive inner courtyard.

(click to show/hide)

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:02 pm »
Ted - "the thread killer...."

so I guess we all lost steam on this one...mmm k.

How about just removing the conquest maps for now on NA or better yet how about modifying the game code somehow so that if the server's population is below a certain number for those maps to just not load?!

I've logged in briefly every night (I think) probably around 08-10:00pm CST USA NA2 and it has been on some conquest map most times now (I don't think I even see that one on the posted lineup (the one with the beach and like 20 flags to capture).

so I guess the maps don't run in a specific order either? because I know it isn't following the posted lineup I did in this thread on NA2.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2014, 03:48:26 am »
Ted - "the thread killer...."

so I guess we all lost steam on this one...mmm k.

How about just removing the conquest maps for now on NA or better yet how about modifying the game code somehow so that if the server's population is below a certain number for those maps to just not load?!

I've logged in briefly every night (I think) probably around 08-10:00pm CST USA NA2 and it has been on some conquest map most times now (I don't think I even see that one on the posted lineup (the one with the beach and like 20 flags to capture).

so I guess the maps don't run in a specific order either? because I know it isn't following the posted lineup I did in this thread on NA2.

I am not sure, but I think the map rotation has some degree of randomization. This is why it will feel like you see some maps far less often than others, and you will also play the same map again after only 5 or so map changes. The cycle didn't complete and restart in only 5 maps, you just had bad luck. Maybe it goes through the map list like an mp3 player on shuffle (it will complete the rotation in any random order before beginning it again), or maybe it just selects one at random, in which case you could theoretically play the same map again, and again, and again.

Anyways, back on topic, I think we can mostly all agree that the established disliked maps (the large ones and the vertical ones), as well as all conquest maps (due to 35 second defense timers) should be removed in order for NA2 to once more have a slightly steady population (hopefully). Conquest is good in theory, but nothing clears out a server quicker as of now. Just the other day most of my clan was in siege along with some of KUTT and the server population was only increasing as time went on... until a conquest map came along and pretty much all the defenders left one after another within only 10 minutes.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2014, 03:51:18 am »
moar native maps pls

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:29 pm »
The cycle goes through every single map completely random and then starts again. If you play one map right next to each other it means the cycle started again.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:02 pm »
+2
so while we're waiting for Xeen or whomever to review maps yadda yadda, can we at least have the conquest maps removed immediately so we can at least try and play?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2014, 05:26:48 pm »
+3
I kid you not, I would rather play Jameyyed on endless loop than any rotation we've had at any point in the past 2 years. That map is the ideal of what works for NA2.

native_jameyyed_castle
(click to show/hide)

But yeah, at least start with removing conquest until you find a way to fix the defense respawn timers based on population and/or the reward system. Please.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »
so while we're waiting for Xeen or whomever to review maps yadda yadda, can we at least have the conquest maps removed immediately so we can at least try and play?

I don't think Xeen wants to do it. Jona and I both made pretty decent suggestions. Anyone else is welcome to throw their hat in the ring so we have a third person available to compare with. Then, if Jona, or whomever, wants to compile a new rotation list for Fips, I'm pretty sure he can at least get the ball rolling on helping NA get a unique rotation.

I've been fairly sick lately and starting a new job, so I just haven't had the time to combine my list and Jona's and receive public opinion just yet.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2014, 07:27:43 pm »
+1
I could easily make a list out of our compiled suggestions, and any maps in question can be decided upon by a poll. Only thing is we need to ensure no EU (or NA1) trolls tamper with it...  :?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:15 pm »
+2
I nominate Jona as NA Siegemaster.  His dedication and well-written posts show he has the knowledge and passion to help us.  Please get this going SOON!

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
+1
I don't think Xeen wants to do it. Jona and I both made pretty decent suggestions. Anyone else is welcome to throw their hat in the ring so we have a third person available to compare with. Then, if Jona, or whomever, wants to compile a new rotation list for Fips, I'm pretty sure he can at least get the ball rolling on helping NA get a unique rotation.

I've been fairly sick lately and starting a new job, so I just haven't had the time to combine my list and Jona's and receive public opinion just yet.

I'd be glad to help if we can do it in TS so we can coordinate and get it all done at once.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2014, 08:24:00 pm »
+2
I could easily make a list out of our compiled suggestions, and any maps in question can be decided upon by a poll. Only thing is we need to ensure no EU (or NA1) trolls tamper with it...  :?

Instead of a poll, you could just post a thread with a post for each map you are suggesting to be removed, and then people can upvote/downvote the post to indicate their agreement. This way you can filter out Huseby, EU trolls, etc. Also a good way to renown whore if you care about that (who does?). Results are harder to see at a glance though.

I nominate Jona as NA Siegemaster.  His dedication and well-written posts show he has the knowledge and passion to help us.  Please get this going SOON!

Seconded, but Jona has to promise to play alts at least half the time if we do manage to revive NA2. Dat long axe  :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:28:22 pm by Phew »