Author Topic: Attn: NA Siege Bros  (Read 8457 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Attn: NA Siege Bros
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2014, 09:55:46 am »
Instead of a poll, you could just post a thread with a post for each map you are suggesting to be removed, and then people can upvote/downvote the post to indicate their agreement. This way you can filter out Huseby, EU trolls, etc. Also a good way to renown whore if you care about that (who does?). Results are harder to see at a glance though.

Upvote/downvote would work pretty well... but if I am only adding posts for maps that are in question, I think I will be gaining a lot more infamy.  :lol:

But as you said, I couldn't care less what my renown-infamy ratio was. I will try and get something started soon... only question is should it be posted in General Discussion (where people will see it... unwanted people included) or in the Scene Editing area (where it technically belongs, and will inevitably get moved to should it be started in General Discussion)? Maybe it should stay in the Scene Editing part of the forums so less trolls show up? Not sure which the best approach would be. It all depends on whether you guys think we can gather enough siege bros in order to have a well-represented vote by word of mouth alone or not.

Seconded, but Jona has to promise to play alts at least half the time if we do manage to revive NA2. Dat long axe  :(

Only sometimes... maybe. I have been playing on my swashbuckler alt a lot recently, but I have to say it is definitely far better to use in battle. First off, I went agi, so my swings pack the punch of a soft summer breeze and my armor is about as damage resistant as water-logged newspaper. It really doesn't make for a fun time when you have to jump into the fray all the time. Secondly, I lack a shield. Being a  shielder is far better in typical siege scenarios, and I might even retire or respec into a shielder really soon. While being a shielder is better, being a high level polearm spammer is even better than that!  :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Also, we should all let this moment go down in history, when even at 4am EST (what am I doing with my life?) NA siege was still going strong, stronger than NA1, even. I backed out hours ago, but damn... impressive, guys!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:11:15 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2014, 04:14:44 pm »
+1
Upvote/downvote would work pretty well... but if I am only adding posts for maps that are in question, I think I will be gaining a lot more infamy.  :lol:

But as you said, I couldn't care less what my renown-infamy ratio was.

I was thinking you make a post "Remove Hrafninn?", show the spoiler with the overhead view of the map, then people plus if they agree the castle should be removed, and minus if they think it should stay. You wouldn't list every map in the rotation, just the ones we all complained about here. So presumably you would gain a lot more renown than infamy, although Huseby and other anti-siege trolls would minus everything. Again, not like you care, but keeps the discussion "glass half full".

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2014, 04:24:35 pm »
Yeah. Last night was fun up untill we got to a conquest map where it was 1 1/2 hour of team deathmatch on the same map. That's when I stopped and I know a lot of people did too just because they didn't want to sit for 40 mins at x2 just to have a 50/50 on winning a x3.

There was also a regular seige map that was conquest mode. One flag to hold and once the attackers got there defenders couldn't spawn.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:27:27 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2014, 04:48:52 pm »
Yeah. Last night was fun up untill we got to a conquest map where it was 1 1/2 hour of team deathmatch on the same map. That's when I stopped and I know a lot of people did too just because they didn't want to sit for 40 mins at x1 just to have a 50/50 on winning a x2.

There was also a regular seige map that was conquest mode. One flag to hold and once the attackers got there defenders couldn't spawn.

Fyi, conquest has a minimum of x2.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »
Fyi, conquest has a minimum of x2.

Don't change it when you quote it... God.....

(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »
+4

I was amazed to see Siege get so high in population last night. I joined the server around 8pm, and there was only 8 people there. By Midnight, (and much later) we had over 65 players at some points. Pretty amazing.

Also, Jack is right. There is some sort of bug right now where a Siege map will randomly become a Conquest map--with 1 objective.  The spawn timers change for defense, and also, if the flag is contested and Offense's flag is raising, Defense can't spawn. I think this may have something to do with an admin changing the map--but I'm not sure. It's definitely worth looking into, especially when it happens in Low-Population. That kills the server. It also doesn't seem to be prone to any one map, either.

Good job last night Siege Bros. That was some fun stuff!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2014, 07:29:52 pm »
+1
I was told that it checks for a certain prop when deciding that it's Conquest mode. Sounds like something that's bound to have bugs.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:46 pm »
+2

(click to show/hide)

Exactly.  Last night only proved that the map rotation NEEDS an overhaul.  See how everyone stuck around when we didn't have to worry about shit maps killing the server?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:03 am »
+2
Vote on maps here!

Try to spread the message over steam/etc. to any siege players. The more feedback we have, the better! Don't just vote and assume your whole clan agrees with you. Even if they do, get them all to show their support.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2014, 08:11:24 am »
Feels weird to be giving a minus on a post like that jona but I gave plenty of pluses and minuses. I refrained from a few since I either didn't recognize them or wasn't sure if I wanted it removed or not.

Good stuff though. Definitely a lot more maps up for removal than maps being added tho.

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2014, 08:15:12 am »
man i normally play siege and i've never once posted on this thread

hi guys so what's going on here

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2014, 08:23:56 am »
+1
Definitely a lot more maps up for removal than maps being added tho.

Oh yeah, there were maybe 20-25 up for removal and only what... 3 to be added? That is, assuming that the majority of us agree on their removal/addition. We definitely need to look at older maps... maybe some of them aren't so bad and can be brought back. Don't want the rotation to be only 10 maps... although 10 good maps is still better than 30 maps with only 10 worthwhile ones.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2014, 08:53:25 am »
I would much rather have a handful of really good maps, instead of losing population over a shit map popping up every-other-hand.

However, if the voting goes right, we won't lose all of the maps that are set for removal. Really think about your experiences on the given maps before following the crowd on the voting (I know I had to go against the sort-of-popular-opinion on a few maps).

Also, can someone tell me what is the forum requirement to be able to + and - posts? There's lots of Siege players who never visit the forums that I'm sure want to give input, some of which are in KUTT.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2014, 09:22:31 am »
man i normally play siege and i've never once posted on this thread

hi guys so what's going on here

Hi judas! Chime in with whatever you like.

Oh yeah, there were maybe 20-25 up for removal and only what... 3 to be added? That is, assuming that the majority of us agree on their removal/addition. We definitely need to look at older maps... maybe some of them aren't so bad and can be brought back. Don't want the rotation to be only 10 maps... although 10 good maps is still better than 30 maps with only 10 worthwhile ones.

Yeah might as well have all good maps instead of a lot of maps but only a few people actually want to play.

Or I just need to buckle up and try to actually try to make a map so people can criticize me bad map making skills. Then I respond with a box map with a flag in the middle with the spawn points in the air.

Offline kwhy

• Earl
  • Renown: 302
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • trash
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ted_the_garbage_man, missANGY, missBENDaKNEE, missAGAIN, Moove, Fallback, LLpewJ, Lets_ride_bikes
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2014, 04:24:49 pm »
+1
voted..

You know even on some of the maps that don't really work (on NA2) I've played them so much it's hard to think they might be removed from rotation.  It is like I've been brainwashed now to accept they need to be played.

oh well.  time to move on.  You were sort of fun I guess because you were there, but I'm looking for something more.  It is ok baby....It's not you, but me.  I just need something more.  I'm sure you'll find someone else that likes you.  It was fun while it lasted.  Goodbye.