Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 28605 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:54 am »
piss off HA = feed him points as he shoots into your lumbering fat slow horse pathetically trying to chase him, until he finally dehorses you, except if he's retarded enough to run into a wall or tree or inf on your team. Yeah I'm sure that totally chafes them raw.
"Survivability" is vastly understating it, even the noobiest of noobs who literally just started playing the game can avoid risk and death easily if he plays it "properly", i.e like the biggest fucking bundle of sticks who ever lived. The class has the best tactical options open to it in every hypothetical instance, barring siege like maps with lots of structures, where regular my old friendchers dominate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 10:11:44 am »
piss off HA = feed him points as he shoots into your lumbering fat slow horse pathetically trying to chase him, until he finally dehorses you, except if he's retarded enough to run into a wall or tree or inf on your team. Yeah I'm sure that totally chafes them raw.

Lets see how fast horses are.

Common HA horse speeds:
Steppe horse 37
Arabian horse 40
Padded warhorse 42
Destrier 43

The armoured horses range from 38-41.

Both HA and Cav will have around 6-8 riding

-To use your terms, the noobiest of noobs can ride around missing arrows and bumping people. The noobiest of noobs can also ride around in an armoured horse swinging away uselessly and bumping anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:16:03 am by ShinySpoons »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2014, 10:17:22 am »
+1
Lets see how fast horses are.

Common HA horse speeds:
Steppe horse 37
Arabian horse 40
Padded warhorse 42
Destrier 43

The armoured horses range from 38-41.

Both HA and Cav will have around 6-8 riding

even if u have a champion courser, which has 50 speed its not easy to catch up with a horse archer/xbower for 2 reasons.

Their horses have higher maneuverability than yours
and
they always shoot your horse first with their retarded , no penalty turn angle.

What I suggested in another thread, was to apply the lancer turn rate restriction to mounted ranged aswell, thus forcing them only to attack while they face you.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:27 am »
+1
Well, what I'm trying to say is that a really good HA can accomplish what any player who is really good at their class can do. Dominate the round and carry their team.

I feel the difference is more pronounced in comparisons with less skilled HA's and other less skilled people. A noob melee player will simply miss a block and die. A noob HA will taunt you with their noobishness and refuse to die.

If its the very fact that an elite HA can win rounds is the issue I suppose thats where our disagreement is.

--

And to jump right back into the tactical side: with the high maneuver horses they're susceptible to getting shot down if they come close to ranged. With the medium horses they're susceptible to getting caught by cav. 

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 10:39:15 am »
+3
Apart from other ranged, nothing else can really counter mounted ranged. And the sad thing is that most of the ranged twats focus their arrows on low armoured infantry, just to increase their K/D ratio. They only shoot at you if they feel threatened.

Someone suggested that ranged should get rewarded with more points if they shoot other ranged, a suggestion like this doesnt sound bad at all.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 10:48:45 am »
I do agree only range can reliably kill ranged cav (and that not enough of them do it ><). I'd like to point out though that HA's can be negated (vs killed) by high armour (I enjoy simply ignoring the majority of HA), chased off by armoured cav, and the presence of supported range (a single archer, unless they're skilled or in a good position will get run over and shot repeatedly).

Are horses worth more points? I've never bothered to learn the details of the scoring system.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:29 am »
I just try to focus them down with My xbow whenever I can. That can be hard once they spot you and focus you down but it's better then nothing.

*Meow* :3
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:37:01 pm by Macbeth3 »
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:57 am »
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:41 am »
+2
Apart from other ranged, nothing else can really counter mounted ranged. And the sad thing is that most of the ranged twats focus their arrows on low armoured infantry, just to increase their K/D ratio. They only shoot at you if they feel threatened.

Well, no.

I, as well as many other I'd like to think, am try to focus HA/HX every round but even after years of playing there simply is no support from melees. I got my archer out again since quite some time and played a bit on EU1 but nothing has changed. I spawn, looking for HA/HX but as soon as I come to a hold to take a shot, my melee teammates run off, leaving me behind to dodge all the enemy cav and defend against a horde of plated agi 2handers at the same time. Ergo friendly ranged dies because melee is running off, scattering throughout all corners off the map and voila, enemy HA/HX has free reign again.

Since shooting down horse ranged takes some time ( unless you can manage to OHK the horse ranged with the first shot - rare ) and foot ranged cannot move and shoot at the same time, it is the melees responsibility to just wait a few seconds and grant some protection to their friendly ranged. Now some people will say "defending ranged is boring". The choice is yours however,

a) arriving at the battle a bit earlier because you didnt wait for your ranged, thus getting kited to pieces by enemy HA/HX because there is no one there in your team who could shoot them down

or b) staying a few seconds with your ranged and checking for enemies coming in for a backstab, giving up a few seconds of your button-mash-time but therefore getting rid of HA/HX quite easily

or c) just ask to nerf everything that to ground

Yes I know what people gonna say, it is an outragious thought to even consider helping your ranged because ranged are bundle of stickss and should be banned immediatly and also gay/shitlord-scrub-nerds and stuff and etc. but no matter how cool or hardcore people think they are when they hate on ranged, or whether they think their ranged hate is justified or not, your ranged dying early in the round because of the lack of any support/protection is most probably connected with you getting shot to pieces late in the round because there is no one left to shoot their ranged.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 11:51:16 am »
Personally im not helping range when 50% of the players on the servers is range. Yeah, im like that.

Range want melee to protect them and when theres this great amount of them online, its another way of saying "you defend me. you wait here while i have fun playing shooting gallery. you will get 30sec fight each round. its cool." Its dead boring slow gameplay and its fucking retarded. Go play fucking counterstrike or boost your melee skills if you only play range to be a pain in the polearm/2h/cav asses.

Edit: Actually, majority of range is playing range only because they see a great number of good range-targets online OR because they are butthurt/annoyed by ranged cav. Its a fraction of the range players who is playing their class only because they like it and have personal preferences and style. They do not change class or weapon at every map change or patch. They keep playing their class because they feel emerged in it. This is the kind of range players we should breed. Not the fucking gay ones.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:58:18 am by Sniger »

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:34 pm »
+2
Many things that annoy me about HA, but pls, remove valor from them if flags have spawned and they lose and are on horse. Damn lame to see HA getting valor when they dont even try to win. Oh and insta kill on guys at horseback if flags bug thx.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 12:26:53 pm »
Many things that annoy me about HA, but pls, remove valor from them if flags have spawned and they lose and are on horse. Damn lame to see HA getting valor when they dont even try to win. Oh and insta kill on guys at horseback if flags bug thx.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/valour
This description doesn't really fit on ranged cav gameplay...

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:32 pm »
+1
To whoever was saying "Why should I be nerfed because I'm good"; no. Horse archery should be nerfed because it is the lowest risk class by FAR.

Heavy armour doesn't work, in my +3 transitional people like zero-sat, kistray, smurf-niuk, otto_knight still fuck me up due to speed bonus with yumi and tartar arrows or bodkins. My +3 heraldic barded warhorse gets shot to pieces, even if it can ride faster than them, getting a blow from behind is difficult. This coupled with the fact they are usually riding destriers or heavier means unless I get them unaware, I'm screwed as my melee.

So I go get my archer char, who is ideal for dealing with HA. (Which perpetuates the archery culture that we have which is BAD) Because on my shielders or my 2h plate armour I KNOW that if I do well and I'm last alive on the flags, a HA will just shoot the fuck out of me.

Also, I couldn't care less if HA's got nerfed so hard they all bitched for weeks, they're a minority playerbase and usually alts. Ofc they'd have to have a complete free respec.

But I do like some of the ideas, such as limiting the arc of fire to infront of you as a HA. Or making the yumi 2 slots. Or making it against server rules NOT to carry a melee weapon.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »
Just give a "bonus against horses" to the throwing lance and I will dehorse them

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 01:27:10 pm »
+1
Teeth is really good at this game, and those other guys are good HA.
I think if you saw some screens of how well I do you'd want HA buffed out of pity :(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:31:23 pm by NejStark »
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"