Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 21777 times)

Offline Mokou

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2014, 08:32:08 pm »
There are far too many factors that need to be considered in bow draw strength, arrows used, and missile speed to standardize them; your counter-proposal is absolute nonsense.  It should take the strongest bow (bodkins only) to kill someone wearing the strongest armor.  Then it would actually be balanced.  As it is now, any wannabe archer with shit gear can get lucky with a single arrow and kill a lion.  The game has devolved into ranged shootout and those without can only dodge so many things at once.  Why should I be forced to play a shielder??

And don't fool yourself, all archery is "point-and-click" regardless of the bow being used.

I'm not saying any archery isn't point and click--I was pointing out that whining about archery being point-and-click and in the same post saying that the long bow... The most point-and-clicky of the bows... Should be made the default bow by means of nerfing the damage of other bows, is silly. If the damage between bows were more similar, the longbow would still be the best for anti-plate because it would still have the highest damage... its just that it would have less relative damage compared to the other bows, and all bows would have less damage overall.

Lucky kills are the nature of combat. A two-hand hero can get a lucky chamber unintentionally and kill a superior player.

I don't think you should be forced to play shielded, but once again, the shootout is a result of too much ranged in a given match, not the power of bows. Just like you don't want to be forced into using a shield, archers don't want to be forced into using a single bow to be at all effective.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:50:04 pm by Mokou »

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2014, 10:14:02 pm »
EVERY LITTLE UNSKILLED FUCK, WHO CANT BLOCK MORE THAN 2 HITS IN A ROW, GRABS A BOW AND BECOMES A HERO OF THE BATTLEFIELD

EU1 PRIME TIME, 32 PLAYERS, AND THE MAJORITY IS FUCKING RANGED.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ADD A RANGED CAP ALREADY

and a cav cap, and a thrower cap, and a douchebag cap, and a [insert whatever you hate here] cap too. but no retard cap, pls, as that would make the game empty. but penguin caps, and white caps, and blue caps, and caps with crocodile tears.
also a cap cap.

oh, that reminds me:
(click to show/hide)

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2014, 02:13:05 am »
The archers are annoying, but they are nothing compared to the HA master race. It's a griefer class that is effective to the point where two of my irl friends quit this mod citing them as one of the reasons. It is a class that CANNOT be killed by inf and other cav, it's like kiting ranged all over again. So for the love of god nerf that class into oblivion and hope dickheads like Zero, Kistray and Lovemore quit this mod and never come back.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2014, 02:33:54 am »
+1
lol u say all over again like it aint still happening, try catching agile while he's on foot, he dont shoot too hard, but he will shoot ya dead b4 u ever reach him
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2014, 02:40:27 am »
lol u say all over again like it aint still happening, try catching agile while he's on foot, he dont shoot too hard, but he will shoot ya dead b4 u ever reach him

If you arent super slow strenght build you should be able to catch up, unless he drops bow and runs but then he also cant shoot.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2014, 02:47:14 am »
If you arent super slow strenght build you should be able to catch up, unless he drops bow and runs but then he also cant shoot.

AgileAstralis chose his name very well, trust me, he's damn fast, like, Usain_Bolt_With_Bow fast
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Godfredus

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Selling +3 Two Handed Warhammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2014, 01:04:52 pm »
I tried to deal with op archery again, joined battle several times today and yesterday but left it very soon because of shitloads of arrows flying in the air. I can't breathe arrows, I can't help it. Desperately annoying. Just saying. Nerf archers. Buff horses.

Offline Fearvich

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: Feervich, Omeso, Fearvic, Vich.
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2014, 08:53:57 pm »
+2
Ranged is hard to play. Lets not ostracize a significant fraction of the player-base and send them packing.
Get a shield, dodge the arrows, or wear plate. Opening your mouth just makes for a bigger target. I remember when all arrows did piercing damage, and every round the arrows would block out the sun. Now that called for a nerf.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2014, 10:06:08 pm »
+2
I tried to deal with op archery again, joined battle several times today and yesterday but left it very soon because of shitloads of arrows flying in the air. I can't breathe arrows, I can't help it. Desperately annoying. Just saying. Nerf archers. Buff horses.

Buff horses? u crazy, cav is way more OP than archers.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:08 pm »

But you use warspear, how can cav be any threat to you?  :?

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2014, 10:27:46 pm »
But you use warspear, how can cav be any threat to you?  :?

I have other alts you know. And having a spear doesnt mean i can see every horse coming, like if im fighting someone.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #341 on: July 12, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
+1
I have other alts you know. And having a spear doesnt mean i can see every horse coming, like if im fighting someone.

Nor does nerfing horses.

Tbh, this just proves that everything you previously stated is irrelevant.  :|

"Nerf horses and make them so slow I have atleast 5 seconds to react, also I have a soear, so I should be able to fight off an entire batalion of cav on my own."

Come on man..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:19 pm »
+1

Nor does nerfing horses.

This, no matter how you nerf cavalry, you won't magically increase players' awarness.

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »
Nor does nerfing horses.

Tbh, this just proves that everything you previously stated is irrelevant.  :|

"Nerf horses and make them so slow I have atleast 5 seconds to react, also I have a soear, so I should be able to fight off an entire batalion of cav on my own."

Come on man..

Where did this come from, i simply said that cav is way more OP than archers when someone wanted horses buffed, i haven said what i would suggest to be done to them.

Since you maybe didnt read the other posts which are also on this page ill just gather them up to make it nice and easy for you.

Here's me simply stating that i dont want cav buffed.

Here's me replying to a post that thinks im untouchable by cav because one of my characters is a spearman.

These were the 2 posts i made, none of them wanting a cav nerf to make me invincible against cav.

I can edit everything into bold and increase text size if that would help.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:03 pm »
Ok
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™