Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23771 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »
+1
I think horses should be slower and less maneuverable in general. The "realistic" aspect of horses in warfare is also missing, considering none panic and throw riders, break legs, or fall and crush other men.

I'm also for the reduction of acceleration/deceleration of horses, so that HA's who try to start and stop all day and cav that gets caught in a mob have a harder time getting out of sticky situations.

I agree, men are faster then horses at a short range, which would imply we accelerate faster than a horse.

However the top speed of a horse is significantly faster than a man.

Overall maneuverability on horses seems too high tbh.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »
Aye. I've said in the past, I think projectile speed could be reduced slightly(1-2 points) for the 1s bows. The problem though, is that this is a fairly minor thing, and if you already have a build and items, it's going to take more than this to convince you to switch to something else. We have talked about ammo and particularly weight, significantly; I don't think the votes are there to get these changed.

Why those numbers? Yumi is 6 points slower than Horn Bow and works just fine if you're good enough. Why not a 6 point decrease? Or 10? Why only 1 which will mean absolutely nothing to ranged...

The current amount of archers limits the possibilities on my choice of gear a lot making the game more and more boring. When I play my 12 armor, 12 strength polearmer, I die with one Rus Bow arrow. With 6-16 horn/rus bows on the enemy team, it doesn't allow me to do much with the build. Same problem with my other light characters as well. Better just use 68 body armor and stack IF so I can at least survive five arrows. Still die to ranged half the time though.

I don't know about the current state of heavy cavalry against archers, but I guess it's not really viable counter either as I see noone playing that class. And if they do three HAs (or six if Seljuks feel like trolling) will hunt them down and kill easily.

Priorities for nerfing archers should be imo:
1) More open flat maps, hills are so broken with this engine anyway
2) Heavy cav riding requirement decrease (7)
3) Nerfing accuracy while wearing armor for all ranged as it makes HA/HX ridiculously strong in good hands
4) Nerfing missile speed a lot to make it more about skill and less about point-and-shoot
5) If all above fails, a nerf to damage

Also why do the arrows never glance anymore? I get constantly hit for 0 damage by peasant ranged and melee, but still get interrupted.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »
+1
In Mount & Blade : Napoleonic Wars, you can not reload while riding. You have to not move if you want to reload.

And it's working great.

Add this for HX

For HA, i don't know i let you guys find ideas.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:44 pm »
+1
Are there still really a lot of complaints about HX at this point? I don't think they're that bad since the reload speed nerf.  HA is way more problematic.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »
+2
Equipment weight affecting maneuver on horseback would nerf HA, HX and melee cav taking insane amount of armour because there's no downside on horseback. The problem with HA is that you can spam arrows constantly, like really, there's no reason not to shoot as you're not going to run out of arrows anyway. Making conserving arrows more important could be a good way to limit them. Who would take 3 quivers (21 weight from just the arrows) if you nerf your own maneuverability by doing so?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
+1
HA master race, you all can pull on my little penis! \(  ^____^  )/

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:03 pm »
I have no respect whatsoever for players who choose to play ranged cav in a medieval game where majority is on foot and melee. I have no respect because i know they only play it to cause misery and grief/troll. There is close to no teamwork. Riding around "supporting" your team shooting arrows into random enemies is not teamwork. Helping a mate by bumping an enemy over and over again is not teamwork.

I have no respect for you, you are shit gamers with a shit mindset and shit attitude towards your co-gamers.

U R SHIT.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2014, 10:56:44 pm »
+2
I have no respect whatsoever for players who choose to play ranged cav in a medieval game where majority is on foot and melee. I have no respect because i know they only play it to cause misery and grief/troll. There is close to no teamwork. Riding around "supporting" your team shooting arrows into random enemies is not teamwork. Helping a mate by bumping an enemy over and over again is not teamwork.

I have no respect for you, you are shit gamers with a shit mindset and shit attitude towards your co-gamers.

U R SHIT.

No u!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:27 pm »
Prpavi- Sniger
5-1

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »
Helping a mate ... not teamwork.

Okay
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »
i fear you dont know what "out of context" means :|

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2014, 12:02:39 am »
+1
i fear you dont know what "out of context" means :|
no u

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2014, 12:54:46 am »
+3
I hate to quote Daruvian cause it will just go to his already inflated ego of himself but he made a good point about why he plays 1h cav with some shit lord build and it applies to ranged as well. He said he plays cav because it allows him occasionally kill players who are much more skilled than he is and when he does it makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That's basically why I think there are so many ranged currently. If you aren't level 34 melee you're going to get shit on a lot unless you possess a lot of skill. Ranged you still need to be a decent player but you can have a much better direct result to your team winning and a higher chance of hurting the enemy so your team can finish them off. Yes it's frustrating for pure melee builds but it's also frustrating hitting someone five or six times just to glance and get one shot.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2014, 12:59:32 am »
+1
I hate to quote Daruvian cause it will just go to his already inflated ego of himself but he made a good point about why he plays 1h cav with some shit lord build and it applies to ranged as well. He said he plays cav because it allows him occasionally kill players who are much more skilled than he is and when he does it makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. That's basically why I think there are so many ranged currently. If you aren't level 34 melee you're going to get shit on a lot unless you possess a lot of skill. Ranged you still need to be a decent player but you can have a much better direct result to your team winning and a higher chance of hurting the enemy so your team can finish them off. Yes it's frustrating for pure melee builds but it's also frustrating hitting someone five or six times just to glance and get one shot.

Or you play ranged cuz you are a shitlord scumbag  :wink:
(click to show/hide)
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.